My mother drinks heavily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mother drinks heavily

I posted a topic about my mom just yesterday, and about how I finally spoke to her about her drinking. I am curious to know how things are going with your family. My mom also drinks to 'deal' and then becomes angry & aggressive. Wishing you all the best, and hope to hear more of your story.

Comment

My mother drinks heavily

I just saw the new post...

Well, my parents are very hard working people and successful in their carreers but huge procrastinators when it comes to anything that has to do with actually making their lives better... they haven't looked up any counceling or done anything else to make the situation better.

I guess you just can't help somebody who doesn't want help...

-Andorinha

Comment

My mother drinks heavily

Andorinha,

I am so sorry. It sounds like it is not going well.

Do not misunderstand your mom, she may well want and need help but not ready for it yet.

I would not have been ready except for some really stupid and embarrassing things I did before I went to rehab.

However, the other side of the coin. (euro?)

My husband, who does not drink and never will, still loves me despite my horrific issues with alcohol.

Just love your mom and let her know you will be there for her if she is ready. However, DO NOT ENABLE in anyway her drinking.

Gruss Gott (no umlaut here.)
        and Auf Weidersehen,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
        X