Dr Jeckyl Mr Hyde - Meet my husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did a thread on emotional abuse and then saw this. My husband doesn't drink and it is 24/7 with the cussing and the throwing and yelling. Everything is my fault. It's unbearable. My family and friends want me out of this marriage. They are all upset. No one wants me around him. He was diagnosed as a sociopath. and I still took him back. maybe I'll take my thread off....
    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Boy I just read through this thread and feel concerned. I know where Finding is coming from, clearly a place of compassion. And I agree that people struggling with a drinking problem need compassion and kindness not judgement.

But to Finding: you are a woman not a big abusive man. If you get drunk it's probably unlikely you will beat your spouse up. This woman who started the thread has been ASSAULTED. Did you read that? I think this is a very dangerous situation for her and her child. I would advise a physical separation but not a marital separation until he sorts it out (ie. he can live somewhere else but you will not be technically separated).

I think some people who are assaulted (just from what I have read, I don't have extensive knowledge of this) already give their spouses too much leeway. And I am worried that this advice to be compassionate will encourage someone to put up with a physically dangerous environment.

To EJK, I think you need some counseling for women who have been abused. And you definitely could benefit from reading up on alcoholism. It's great to be loving and compassionate but you also have to protect your own life and your daughter.

Comment

Working...
      X