X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So worried about my mum... not sure how to help anymore

Jodi,

Hi and :welcome:

You have been given great advice from everyone here. Alcoholism is a disease that affects the entire family.

I am pretty sure I know who you mum is based on your description, and I haven't seen her posts since Oct. So, I was worried about her.

Please tell her Cindi said hello and is thinking about her.

You are a kind and loving daughter. I am sure she knows how blessed she is to have you around and I can also tell you that she would never want you to spend your life trying to fix her, since the only one that can fix her is herself.

Us alcoholics all know that.

Just give her love and compassion.

I do think Al Anon is a good idea if you would like to learn some ways to constructively deal with her drinking.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

For my Angel and all you lovely people !!

Jodi...you are the most amazing person I know, not just because you're my daughter but because you are you, and I am truly blessed. You're SO beautiful inside and out, kind, generous, loving, thoughtful....I could go on and on.

You lovely lot...if I hadn't found you all about 18 months ago I know I wouldn't be where I am today...which is a much a better place... thank you.

I've come on today using a differnt name as I don't want to upset Jodi anymore than I have done already by her reading my early posts...I was in a very dark place back then but thankfully I'm now seeing the light and it's wonderful.

Some of you might have guessed who I am and you're right, I haven't posted for along time...felt I'd let you and everyone else down... but I still looked in most days.

I know there're many people in the UK think our health service is rubbish but I can honestly say that the support I've had has been more than brilliant. I feel happy for the first time in years, I actually now like living alone, no one trying to control me. I'm almost me again and it's a wonderful feeling.

It's taken almost a year to get where I am today, many detox's, many relapses (the last being New Year) but I'm on track again and feel really positive. I don't have and cravings or sudden urges, I just feel happy.

I think now I've come to terms with most of the past and am dealing with it differntly thanks to my wonderful counsellors.

Jodi..my Angel ( I truley believe you are) thank you for posting. It hit home, like so many things have recently. I am SO sorry for all I've put you through but so grateful that you've stood by me. YOU ARE AMAZING and I LOVE YOU more than you'll ever know. I can only promise to do my best and I will.

Thank you all again and good luck. xxxx

From one very proud and happy Mum xxxx

Comment

I am also sat in tears. I am SO proud of my mum. What a change since I first posted on Boxing Day. I will always always be there for you mum. No matter what happens. I am just so proud of every step you're taking. You are the kindest person who deserves nothing but happiness. Just know that you have family who adore you and will always be there.
        Thank you to everyone who posted a reply. What an amazing site this is and I wish everyone happiness. x

Comment

Working...
        X