We are the other side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are the other side

Scarred I am afraid that is not true. The alcoholics do want the help. You are fortunate that for whatever reason you were not afflicted with this. Be grateful. I can tell you that I've never walked up to any alcoholic in my life and said "hey do you want this for yourself" and they have said "yes of course I do, I love living this way, with the shame, embarrassment and guilt".

That being said it is up to you. You have to think of yourself first and live a happy fulfilling life for you. You only have one chance.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

We are the other side

Hi Scarred,
      No doubt you have endured tremendous pain associated with living with an alcoholic; your pain is tangible. My response would be that you need to realize that there are different levels of alcoholism, and different faces behind it. Just because the person you are living with does not want help, please realize that does not label every person who struggles. Denial is a huge issue with alcoholism, and all of us camp out there for a season. Some choose to remain and die there... some get help and find freedom.

This website would not exist without a woman who struggled with her own alcoholism, and found a way out. She is here to help any others who wish to find a way out. But we came here by choice... a choice to get better.

I hope your husband will make that choice too. Sounds like he is really struggling and is not ready to tackle his issue. That must be so frustrating, but I hope you are taking good care of yourself in the meantime.
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
      X