I left my husband now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I download the book for free? When I click on it, the downloaded copy is $12.95.

Comment

1Susan -go to "My Blog" at the top of the screen - you will go to Roberta Jewell's blog - I think you can still download the book for free from there...
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

meika wrote: :thanks: For all the advice but I am still having a hard time with this. I am staying at my sisters and taking care as best as I can but I miss him and my cat dearly.And I still not sure what I am supposed to do now.

Meika
        hi i think you are so brave doing what you have done......i have been thinking of leaving my husband for a long time,,,,,,as you i love him dearly but he wont stop till he as a shock.......keep your chin up...:new:

Comment

andy you have been brave in admiting your problem....... i feel like leaving my hubby, we been together a long time,,,,,if i knew he would give up in a beat to get me back i would go tomrw......but he may be too far gone,keep tryning and win her back

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your kind words, I love her very very much, and realise what an asshole I had become.
            Some people don't belive a man can chage overnight, me included, untill this happended to me. She left earlier in the year and I just went thorough the motions and told her what she wanted to hear, even threatening that if she didn't take me back I was going to decide for her and I'd be gone for good. What an idiot I was.
            I have spent many hours this week, stripping away the Andy I was so I could take a long hard and brutal look at myself, and what I want, and the one thing always shines through. I want her, and don't want to be without her.
            That is to say that I could live without her, but I don't want to, I choose to make this right and make myself desireable to her again. I know in her heart she wants to come back, but her brain is saying no.
            I am working very hard to make myself what she fell in love with again - we had such fun together, nothing else mattered - sure we had the daily grind of life as anyone else, but it wasn't such a big deal, I didn't focus on money at all, just her. That's what I want to do again.

I can live without her, I am very independent, but I don't want to, I want to share my every moment with her, all my experiences, sights, sounds, and smells I encounter - we are soulmates and I am lost at the moment without her.
            The point I'm making, is that I desperately want a reconcilliation, but am still a person in my own right, and that is equaliy important to us both. It means that we will do whats right on an individual level first, then together, and I think that is so important too, otherwise we'll be in the same boat again next year.
            Andy

Comment

Andy, I think that you are very smart to be willing to sort yourself out first and go through the pain of living apart for a while. There's been a lot of wisdom hiding out under the drinking there! Your courage, determination, and sincerity will surely shine though.

I hope the two of you will eventually fall in love all over again! Keep the faith and keep coming here!

All the best,

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thanks

Young At Heart - thanks, it's very nice to hear some praise these days!!
                We are S L O W L Y trying out being frineds, like me cooking dinner, going out for dinner etc - neither of us wants to see any one else, and whilst I fancy the pants off her, and would get back together in a shot, I know what must be done. If I push, at all, she'll never come back.
                It is very painful, much more than I imagined it to be
                Andy

Comment

Ahh Andy ... I know your post was over a week ago .. but I hope you come back ...

I am still searching for the answers as well myself ... I have destroyed more than one good relationship with my drinking ... but there is MUCH wisdom and compassion from the people on this site.

If you make it back here .. please look me up.

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Hi WaitingToExhale

Hi,
                    Thanks.
                    I'm still having adrink now and then, but nothing like the destructive amount I had before - and only for an occasion such as a birthday or special party, and then not too much.
                    I've lost weight - though put a little on on a business trip - and feel much better for it.
                    Thanks for your kind words.
                    Andy

Comment

Oh dear.
                      I met with Vicki (my wife) and she is talking about a possible reconcilliation but not for at least 12 months.
                      What do I do now?
                      Do I pander to this, and take it for 12 months or do I quit - I am so much stronger than I was 4 weeks ago I am totally differnet - more tha man I used to be than ever.
                      I don't think I want to do it her way, but don't really want to walk away, however, I have my self esteem and self respect to think of.
                      She says she loves me and has been near returning home, but blows hot and cold, e.g. I visited the pub she is working in after a day trip with a friend, asked her to join us for a quick drink (I was on Lime and Soda) and she refused, yet wants to be friends - hello? Is it just me or is she trying to make me do the hoop dance?
                      Also, I have been interested in getting a tattoo for ages, and she became upset that I was going to take a look and possibly get one done.
                      Now I am not stupid, and don't want tattoos all over me, for a start I have a job which will not lend itself to that, and for another that isn't for me, however she told me that she may not fancy me physically if I had one done - wow, let me think - get one done cos I want one and it's my body, and the same skin as before, and risk her never wnating me again? Or listen to my strong self, and get it done anyhow, to hell with what she thinks? I chickened out, meaning she won, and bought myself a new leather coat (nice) instead. Bollox. Angry? Yes I am, with myself for allowing myself to be bullied.

Opinions please!

Comment

Vicki & Andy

Hi All, I hope you're all ok in the festive season of good will??
                        Well, I got my tattoo, woowoo - nice Chinese on arm, says Special Wonton, no, says Andrew lol.
                        Anyway, we've progressed from where we were we're now firends again, who aren't seeing other people, and will hopefully work it out one day.
                        I will wait - I know my last post was short tempered and irrritable, but hey, we're all entitled to that occassionaly right?
                        I can't wait to be with her again one day - she is my light, my fantasy, my true soulmate.
                        I feel like a wheelbarrow with no wheel lol with out her.

It's much harder too because I am no longer in the town - I'm 60 miles away living with my dad who was rushed too hospital as an alcoholic and needed detox - he was on 35 units/day and we didn't see it bloody hell.
                        But she has all her frineds/family there, so it's not too hard for her - I have difficulty stopping myself from becoming down a lot, I don't think she really understands what it is like to be out of town, away from friends, and have a job which means I work alon alot, so my alone time is far greater than it would be.

I have made new friends though, but can't properly bond or build a new life as I don;t want that life away from her - and I need to go for what I want, it is my personality.

Comment

if you now have tattoo on arm you will wok it out

cheers
                          merry xmas

Comment

Working...
                          X