Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs Macks my story

Lisa,

Your hubby is so fortunate to have you on his side. I've been logging onto MYO just about every day since March. I am really making a conscious effort to change my drinking habits--for me, for my husband, and for my children. Because I felt it was important to include him in this process, I asked him if he would like to read a few of my posts the other night. He did. It didn't open up the floodgates in regards to communication, but it's a step in the right direction. Your post was an inspiration as to what a true marriage of love, respect, empathy, and communication is...Thanks for posting. Just reading your posts make me want to call the hubby (he's working) so that we can connect a little bit more.

Julie

Comment

Mrs Macks my story

Hiya Julie, I think if you tackle this together.....you got more reasons to keep going, you should'nt have to do it on your own....the more support you have off your husband there is a better chance of succeeding....me and Macks stick together, talk, love and support eachother.
      Everyday i visit MWO, and the more i come here....the more i understand i've read booklets, leaflets, seen doctors and Macks councelor to make it easier for me to understand what he's going through......I love him and i'm staying right by his side...Include him in your progress, he needs you and you need him....and more important the kids need you both, Stay strong
      Lots of Love Lisa xx
      Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

Mrs Macks my story

Hi all, i know what so many of you say about feeling alone in all this, i have been with my partner just over a year and he has a major prob at first although he drank i never saw him drunk then one wek he just suddenly went into what i call "into one", he drank to oblivion just drinking and sleeping, barely able to stand or communicate, on several occasions days before going on holiday, this Jan he was well tanked his daughter was amazed he was let on a plane, when i threaten to leave he pulls in the horns we then go through terrible withdrawal so you could say each time he does this it takes 3weeks out of our lives, fortunately we dont live together and i stay away when he's bad just drop in to check he's come to no harm and wait for him to ring although its just the same thing over and over, i love you please dont leave me, but this has been the pattern now for too long, he gave up his job after xmas and isnt bothering to get another, i have offered to get him help or go along to wherever it is that can help him but he doesnt want to just says he'll sort it which he does for a week or 2 till the next binge, it scares the hell out of me he's in his 50's and i am sure his body wont be able to take the continual abuse he reigns on it, i cant tell my family as i know the response i'd get but i just cant see what else i can do for him?

Comment

Mrs Macks my story

It's brave, loving, caring, and means everything to help your spouse. If they have the support from you, i believe you'll make it together. i wish i had a little spouse support myself, but not possible in my case, he wants nothing to do with MY problem. just do my work and do what i have to do. it's so lonely for me, but at least i have found this place. to be there for your spouse is noble, they really need you. I have great respect for all of you.
          Katie

Comment

Mrs Macks my story

Dear Mrs. Macks

And I do mean DEAR. You are so special. You brought tears to my eyes (and I'm a tough cookie). So much love, support, and hope. I respect and honor you and Mr. Macks so much. You two have a special gift. A beautiful love story.

I have been married for 24 years and I so regret the pain and struggles I have put my wonderful husband through. I wish we could talk more about it as you can. I need to say so much to him and he needs to say so much to me. Right now it still seems to be too painful for both of us.

I welcome the day that I can be as honest as you are. I admire you so much. :h
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Mrs Macks my story

Well Katie and Mags,
              I don't know what to say........:upset:
              Macks means the world to me....we are getting on better than ever....and i still get the butterflies in my belly whenever he is not with me....we have been together 15 years in November.....
              I'm here for you all if i can help....i'll try and give you what i can.....that means you too Macks :h

:l 's Lisa XX

Comment

Mrs Macks my story

Mrs Macks,

You are an inspiration for me. You have done all of this with children!

You have given me hope and strength in my dark moments.

I appreciate your contributions here. I hope to learn a few more jewels of wisdom from you.

Respectfully,
                Dx
                * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Mrs Macks my story

Mrs Dx, Thank you for your kind words.....I promise not to disappear again.....Here for you all anytime

Love Lisa XX:l :h :l
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Mrs Macks my story

Hi Dx,
                    Thanks.....If you ever need me, i'll be here
                    I'm not going away from this place again..:l
                    Keep your chin up
                    Love Lisa X

Comment

Working...
                    X