Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking to the partners !

Thanks alot Accountable thats means well :upset:

Going on the growing up thing.....My parents never drank in the house, and they only went out a couple of times a months...Do you think it runs in the gene's........I have never been a big drinker, But i think a went about a year without alcohol....when Macks was really bad drinking every night, because i had to be there for the kids if they woke up in the night or something, i'm not saying macks was'nt there for them because he always is, but when he was drinking he proberly new in the back of his mind i was there at night for them....so he new they would be alright.
    Things are alot different now.....
    :l :l 's Lisa xx
    Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

I do believe it runs in the genes. It has to be TOUGH for a person such as yourself to be the 'glue' in the family. I have been in a relationship with someone who didn't drink and his family were not big drinkers by any means. One look at me and they told the guy to run for the hills. Eventually the alcohol scared him off. Probably a blessing in disguise - the ol' stick in the mud. LOL!

No, really, it has to be frustrating at times to be with a person with an addiction. I really don't know what to suggest. What about what Diane (dilayne) had said in her post??? If he wants to be AF, why don't you come up with some sort of plan like Diane and her husband have? It sounds good to me. My husband and I were going to do the same thing - but that was BLASTED TO PLUTO! (Oh yeah Pluto is no longer a planet!). But it might be something to sit down and talk to Macks about??

Comment

Hey Dianne and Accountable, We were posting at the same time, i know exactly what your saying, about setting rules but it does'nt always work out.......Macks has said to me (usually after hes had a drink the night before) i won't drink now for a week or so, or i'll try and go till next month.......I don't take that as gospel, i see the strain and stresses it has on him and its not nice to see, He does try to occupy himself as well but like i said that little devil inside just takes over....and i don't get a say.....Still trying though and we're not gonna give up xxxx

Comment

Thank you Fan......You are a gentleman, it takes a hell of alot to come out and say that.......

Comment

I agree Fan... You are honest. That in itself is a wonderful attribute!

Comment

Hi Mrs Macks,
              I have just joined in the forum, my partner is the drinker and I know what you mean, when he is not drinking hard he is a wonderful person but once he goes over the 15 unit mark or messes with spirits a definate change comes over him, total lack of respect for himself and everyone around him, confusion over his feelings and what seems to be anger and frustration. i have found that the more I say cut down, the more he seems to drink, we have had many conversations and sometimes he is open to it however othertimes it has an adverse effect hence the walking on eggshells, the heavy drinking is episodic then he calmes down and starts to think about it and cuts down, I am trying to get him in to Kudzu to see if that will help. before christmas he was eating well and taking all his vitamins and we did see some vast improvement however christmas and chronic toothache came and he has relapsed somewhat...I will keep you posted
              x debbiec

Comment

Hi Debbiec,
                I am with you, i know what your going through.......and can i just say :welcome: to this wonderful place xx
                Please keep us posted and hopefully i will beable to give you some good advice........we are all here to help each other xx

Comment

Hi Mrs Macks, we had a good evening last night, although he was still drinking he didn't get drunk, washed the dishes and made the tea, he actually spilt more beer than I think he drank and this morning he took his vitamins and had a bowl of porridge before going to work....hope this week will continue positively, thanks for your support..
                  debbiecx:thanks:

Comment

Hi everyone, Just read back to the beginning of this thread......Things have changed alot since then, and i feel really good Macks is doing great he's really trying, I feel like i'm getting my old Macks back......I'm not saying its been easy for us over the last few weeks.......because it has'nt we have done alot of talking and things have definatly changed....The kids are alot happier too Thanks everyone for your loving and supportive words, you've helped US alot....

Comment

I am so glad!!!!

Hi Lisa,
                      Just wanted to let you know how much I do admire your honesty and integrity. I so do know that you and Macks are going to beat this thing in the end!!!
                      Much Love
                      Shas
                      Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Mrs. Macks,

All I can say is that you are a true gem. Your family is very lucky to have you.

I'm the drinker of the family and reading your posts just brought me to tears and has made me determined to beat this. Sometimes a drinker can become so self absorbed they forget about how their drinking effects the important people in their lives.

Thank you so much for this eye-opener you have changed my whole take on this.

Wishing you and your family all the best.
                        Colorado Chick!
                        Your support means the world to me...:h

Comment

Hi Sharyn44 and Deniselb,

Thank you for your kind words...:upset: I don't know what to say,
                          If you ever need a friend i'm here...
                          Loads of :h and :l 's Lisa XX

Comment

well ive been awake since 4.45 this morning my head is just swimming with questions ,thoughts ,fears and most of all looking at rich asleep and asking myself does he really mean it this time ? im numb today i dont know why either . maybe its because im shutting my feelings out so i dont get upset it reaks my heart each time he detoxs and spends days suffering and he carnt hold a cup in hes hand cos the shakes are so bad he has to use both and even then it dont make much differance its so hard to discribe how it feels when you see the one you love do this time and time again and knowing that they are slowly killing themselves and which he nearly did this time hes says he dont want to die ...... are friends probably look at us and think why the hell she with him and they have told me to my face tess you have tried to help him he so many times he aint ever gone to change but theres always a glimmer of hope and my love and 100% support for him that he might just do it this time :l but how muh can one person take of this and for how long we are meant to be moving soon i hope hand on my heart that its going to be a new start for both of us and put the past behind us and start as he means to go on i know each day without drink for him is another step up the ladder and the stronger he will become and fight this addiction and get back the man that i love so much :upset:

Comment

Hi buddy,
                              You're both doing a good thing you know.
                              It will get better if he can just stick to it a while.
                              I wish you both well.

Comment

Hiya Buddy, Popeye is right you are doing a good thing, stick with him i know its hard but good will come in the end....He knows he has a problem and needs alot of love and support....did you get my private message ? keep your chin up,
                                Love Lisa XX

Comment

Working...
                                X