Drink Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drink Driving

lolly, I lost the love of my life to grog. After promising so many many times to give up, change my ways etc etc. The only thing that stopped me drinking and chnaged my ways was her leaving me. Tough love but it worked. She left for good though at least she hasn't come back yet and i don't expect she will and I don't blame her. I must have been horrible to live with. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do, take care of yourself first and foremost. Hopefully it might be enough to make him come to his senses. I wish you luck and strength. I know my heart is shattered, I must have killed hers. Kimbo
    Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Drink Driving

boycie;199162 wrote: I know my heart is shattered, I must have killed hers. Kimbo
      Kimbo, i'm so sorry this happened to you :h

Lolly, keep going, you're doing the right thing :l

B

Comment

Drink Driving

Thanks guys, well he's withdrawing at the moment and ive stayed away, ive spoken on the phone to him and told him i will meet and talk but i know i wont commit or go back until he has sought help alone and dealt with the problem, now i'm not going to hold him up anymore he has to do it for himself, i'll stay in touch as a friend, but i'll not be his enabler and if a year down the line he's sober and i'm still single maybe we can try again if the feelings come back, but right now i have so much resentment in me i know i cant love him like i should. I also am being given the chance to go up the career ladder in my job which i didnt expect at my age, so i know i cant hold down a full time job, studying and dealing with this continous 6 weekly cycle anymore, i have to safeguard my future.

Comment

Drink Driving

lolly;200021 wrote: i have to safeguard my future.
          Yes Lolly, you do need to safeguard your future. Take care of yourself, and continue to climb the rungs of that ladder that has appeared before you. Just don't let yourself get too sucked in to the drama as a friend either. Sending :l and :h
          Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Drink Driving

Lolly, some more hugs from me too .......:l :l :l :l
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Drink Driving

You are SOOO doing the right thing, Lolly. Even if this man stops drinking, it doesn't mean that he will stop being manipulative or controlling or start taking responsibility for his own behavior and its impact on others. I don't mean to sound controlling here myself, but I would even be careful about being friends with him.

Wishing you only the best!

:l :l ,

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Drink Driving

Lolly
                I am so sorry to hear things have not changed. You are doing the right thing. Your heart/instinct wont lie to you so keep with it. We are with you
                Love Jen
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Drink Driving

Thanks all, well we are still in touch but i am not in a reationship with him anymore, only today i had to round there and try to get him to hospital, his daughter told me he fell on a glass 2 days ago and it has left a horrendous gaping wound in his leg by all accounts he lost a fair bit of blood, he would not let me take him to hospital so ive steristripped the wound and bandaged it and hope its not got infected, i really cant beleive that someone when sober is so intelligent and wise can act like a complete no brainer like this, he says he wants to live and get sober to try win me back but he's just a helpless pile of pity

Comment

Drink Driving

Lolly- I am so sorry...you are good to him...I hope his leg's OK.

Don't go thinking you're not worth it if he does'nt give up will you? You ARE worth it - he's just got his priorities wrong...

Thinking of you.... (and him in that he gets sober soon)

FMS xx
                    :heart: c: :heart:
                    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                    X