Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just joined

Hard Times,
    You can find all the help you need right here ! Who else can deal with this problem than those that had the Problem !IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

just joined

Welcome Wishful
      I understand & sypathise with your situation. Wine(especially) got the better of me and I was losing control of my life. I joined MYO 3 weeks ago, downloaded the book (only $12)and have read as many posts as I can to help me on my way. I have not worried about the CDs or medication yet as I want to see what is actually working doing it step by step. My wife didnt threaten to leave me but I know if I dont stop drinking it will ruin our marriage. We have 4 lovely kids and a great home and it is certainly not worth losing all of what we have worked so hard for because of an addiction that CAN be rid of.
      You wrote: i want to stop but dont know if i can take the pressure of his watchful eyes.and judgement.
      You sound like you do really want to give up so the secret for you I think, is to make the most of his watchful eyes and judgemental character and use it as a positive. By that I mean be PROUD of what you are about to do and let him see how strong you are by giving up. As each day passes that you dont drink you will start to feel so much better about what your doing and he will be proud of you as well. Hopefully he will acknowledge your acheivements (as well as other family & friends) and this will be the driving factor for you.
      Its a good thing the pressure is on from him because if it wasnt you would just continue on a downward trend.
      I hope you give it a real go and keep on reading and posting so you are not alone.
      It has worked for me so far and Im now up to 19 days of alcohol free bliss.
      My wife is very proud of me and my kids are loving the new Dad they have. (Slightly grumpy at times).
      Best of all though is I feel like I have turned my life around & am bloody proud of my acheivments so far.
      Good luck - YOU CAN DO IT.
      Aussie

Comment

Working...
      X