relief from extreme soreness??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Det - mutual hug needed!!! Was thinking about you today as I tottered about after my Flamenco dancing on Friday!!! I can't moooooove for 20 paces after sitting down and when a guy stopped in his car to let me cross the road yesterday I felt a real wally; I went across the road like I was made of stone!! Not a joint working in sight!!!
    :crazymonkey: NOT!!!!

Taking a dose of my own medicine - this too will pass.....but B***** hurts for a few days!!!! Hey, but the dance is sooo worth it - hope the martial arts are too. Sure they are and we're pretty fab aren't we to be doing all these lovely, active and satisfying things now vs looking down the neck of a bottle ey?!?!??!?!!? :H

Here be HUG! :l
    FMF x
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I have to agree that you need to walk it off, the only surefire way to work out the soreness is to work out, unless your injured ( pulled muscle) it works the best.
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Arnica and Tiger Balm for me....
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Fascinating.

My recent exertion during a personal best run left me a bit sore on most of the big muscles. Shins and gluts were stiff as all get out. My usual self-therapy is a combination of ice packs, heating pads, NSAIDS, and extra-strength balms of menthol and methyl-salicylate. Good old Absorbine Jr. seems to have dissappeared off the store shelfs in some places. It was an alcohol tincture containing Calendula, Echinacea, Wormwood, and Menthol extracts. I still have a bottle of that somewhere around here.

So I got curious about this dit da jow, being as the engineer in me has to analyze and disassemble just about everything to see how it works. Apparently there are a number of recipes for it, some super secret apparently. But I did find a website with several dit da jow recipes, and noted some similarity between a few and Absorbine Jr. Here is the link to the dit da jow info.

http://www.kenponet.com/flame/business/general/gen_ddj.html

I am going to look into this further, as now my curiosity is piqued.

Neil

Comment

wow, cool site Neil...thanks!

well FMF you Flamenco dancer you....that sounds like fun! Although my experience with dancing was not so glamerous. Dx and I signed up for a dance class at the local college about 9 years ago. to make a long story short the instructor called me to the front of the class and had me dance solo. He then said if you want to dance like a robot that's how you do it. Needless to say we didnt return for the rest of the class. and they still haven't found his body
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Too b***** right Det!!!! That's mean!!!! (I mean the end of your sentence not the beginning.) What a shame you felt you couldn't dance! Can't stand the humiliation approach to teaching - what are these people on?!?!

Well, here I am (?!?!) in my mind's eye. :crazymonkey: Reality = still as stiff and sore as hell!! Had forgotten that Cornish/Breton dance and Salsa (my usual cocktail!) etc do not require such huge, stretched, tensioned arm and head movements as Flamenco so it's the combination of feet and upper body soreness that's pole-axed me!! (Sad old bag!!!) Have to succumb to the old NSAIDs I fear! (Boy, no wonder the Spanish revere their Flamenco dancers - they are strong!!!)

When folk have posted here about seltzer..do you mean like in Alka Seltzer? I know my daughter's step-mom swears by that but I don't know the amounts and (a) don't want to call her (!) and (b) have amazing stomach stuff going on with an over-dose!!!!! Too late now anyways I know - got to be with the hot bath that same night I gather. But for future times...

Right, got to get up and stagger about for a bit..... and me an Alexander Teacher....aaagh!

Love FMF xx

Comment

Please don't turn your nose up at this but take cod liver oil jell caps. I started taking them for my joints and it worked so well I was able to go off of my Celebrex with my DR.s approval. Research it. Its good for anything that is inflamed and it is also good for your eyesight.

Julie
                AF Since December 2006

Comment

I don't doubt it Jules. Fish oils are amazing and I think modern science is only just learning their value. Dr Barry Sears of "the zone" diet notoriety wrote a book just on the subject of omega3's from fish oils and said that mega-dosing fish oil can reverse brain damage etc. It might even help my dancing!

FMF, I think most are refereing to soda water when they say selzer...at least that's what I mean
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks guys - ah, I drink gallons of fizzy water but I guess sodawater's different isn't it...? I shall pick some up. And as my eyesight's fallen apart as well as my legs...I'm off to get cod-liver-oil (or is straight Omega-3 fish oils better?) capsules too....oh, ugh, that fishy 'repeat' an hour later though....!! Worth it though to walk without looking 97!!
                    Onwards and....lie down!!

Deter - are you joining me'n Rustop in the dancin' troupe then...?!?! Good oh. Never can be too many men!

Love FMF x

Comment

Geez garlic that sounds so painful, if I break a nail down to far I whine for days.

Hot bath for sore muscles.

Sammys

Comment

Hey julie - thanks I'm going to check that out. I have lower back pain due mostly from arthritis - maybe it could help that??

good info here
                        Neil that was an interesting link but I don't think I want to make anything that involves buying a bottle of vodka

lisa

Comment

Working...
                        X