So do workouts really help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise is probably the only reason I'm not dead by now. Not has it allowed what sober time I've had, it kept me reasonably healthy while I was drinking, somehow.
    "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

Never say never, cindi!!! lol

And.......hurry up with the pic, BJ (BJ?????..........O.M.G.......what an abbreviation!!! ha ha ha) :thumbsup

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Yeah, DB2... I was also just an innocent little Saint till I found this place...
        Good thing I still exercise my A$$ off! LOL

Ps Hubby's can be great "trainers! LOL
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

when I hurt my knee and couldn't do my regular 2 hour workouts 3x per week I actually started to suffer from symptoms of depression! I really needed those workouts to be healthy mind and body. It's worth it!!! even a walk...anything at first.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Workouts do wonders for your frame of mind & sense of well being... in more ways than one!

Hey BJ! Did we scare you away? You didn't seem like the shy type...
            Still waiting for that pic...

Comment

Saint Jude,
              SHY? No, not at all. But you wont get a picture either. I did'nt even post the State that im from when I signed up for MWO, because I feared that ''maybe'' my nickname itself may give me away IF the wrong people were to see it.

I have a high profile job and that was also one of the problems I ALLWAYS feared when I took part in the AA programs.. Made sure I used the same 2-3 AA meetings for the year and a half I was sober. Lucky, nobody knew me and im KEEPING it that way.

Comment

No worries BJ.......Judie and I were just kidding.

No fear of me posting my pic either!!! lol

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Picture?

After I RETIRE---------''maybe'':l

Comment

You're such a teeze! :thanks: for nothin...

Actually, you're probably being kind huh?:H

After that comment ...I'd better go get on the stair master for a bit... Now that it's lookng like kayaking's outta the question today.

Comment

oo-rah!!

Dialed up the rowing machine cylinder to #7, and started pulling the handles to beat the band (it was raining outside today)

30 minutes, average heart rate 151. Major stress buster! Something about that rowing machine that gives a deeper stress relief than any other aerobic activity for me.

Ran 3 miles on the new treadmill Saturday, and now I have to get the little shoelace sensor the Garmin 305. Really getting into my fitness gadgets and machines.

Invest in your recovery!! Take that money spent on booze, ciggies, and buy some health!

You know, I realize that it was not just the cost of the booze, and ciggies, and drugs. There were other costs. Stupid stuff I bought while drinking. Money spent on health problems, and medicines.

It is cheaper to be healthy and sober!!

Why did I not figure this out 30 years ago? Good grief.

Neil

Comment

Neil,
                        Don't forget all the mental health lost to it as well...(when you're drinking too much)

self-loathing, time & energy spent aquiring it...& hiding it!... obsessing over it...relationships killed or damaged beyond repair... :upset:

Comment

Geez! I didn't mean for that to come out so negative...
                          Just pointing out the facts. Think I'll go for a semi-rainy hike along the beach...again. :beach: Maybe the sun will peak out later.

Comment

Working...
                          X