Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flabby Flip Flops Further

Speaking of which, where's the duck? lol
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Get typing Flip ... only 96 posts to go and you're a Double Senior Member. You can do this in half an hour.

Comment

gawd, do you think I can do it??

You know, it took me well over 7 months to get the first grand, and only 2 months to get the second. I think I got addicted somewhere in there!

Comment

Ya think?
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

LIke YOU can talk.

Comment

No need to be so hurtful. Sniff, sniff.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

From Floppy Flip to Fit Flip

Hi Flip

You sure have had some good responses. I think D2B/Cindi's advice is RIGHT ON.

I think our culture is sugar-addicted. I would advise reading the South Beach Diet. I read the book earlier this year and went on the drastic first two weeks where you cut all sugar, including fruit. It dramatically changed my diet and the way i think about food. I stopped my potato chip binges. I ditched bad carbs. I began to look at sweets with great suspicion.

I guess the idea is that you get the sugary foods out of your system to get rid of the binges. Of course the two weeks are challenging, but interesting too. you eat foods you would not normally have, like almonds or lowfat string cheese. Since I tried this, I have really changed.

I have read that if you feed your body a certain way, it begins to expect that kind of food. So if you eat healthy, you start to want healthy food.

If you really understand the glycemic index principles and what bad food does to your body, you start to dislike it, I think. For example, i know if I eat certain foods, it will lead to a big sugar swing and further overeating. I just avoid that. I think proteins are very satisfying so I focus on those. Vegetables are not bad if they have some sort of spices or lowfat sauce. I prefer brown breads to whites now.And if you have chocolate, there are ways of working with that too. Have dark chocolate and you can have lowfat fudgecicles.

The book Food and Mood has other tips (see my review in books section). It suggests working with your cravings, modifying them, rather than avoiding your craving foods altogether.

As for filling up, a lot of that has to do with adding vegetables to your meals. instead of just an omelette, omelette with spinach and other veg. you get the idea. add veg at all times, wherever possible. In combination with protein, veg fills you up.

Comment

flip has received such useful information that i expect to see her on the cover of cosmo in 6 months.

Comment

OMG Dietary information with a bitch fight on the side....

Perfect.

Comment

You get a slice of everything here. BTW I am following this thread along as well and taking the advice since I could shed some extra baggage.
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                      X