Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calorie Burning.

db2fromala;218389 wrote: Star,

No. You do not want to injure yourself!!

I would buy the trainers that work best for you.

However, if you keep exercising, I am thinking that you will have lots of trainers looking to help you...... You will have your pick. (Wouldn't that be grand??)

Love,
    Cindi
    Cindi - are you suffering from the USA/UK translation?

"Trainers" here are training shoes - your post sounded like you were talking about what we call "personal trainers" - as in people that give training.
    Coaches over there????

So what are training shoes over there - sneakers?

Satori

xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Calorie Burning.

Satori,

FYI. My hubby has so many clothes and so many shoes/boots that I finally gave up and moved all my stuff the the guest room closet, where it only fills up about half the very small closet. His stuff fills up the ENTIRE walk in closet.

My shoes all fit nicely on one small shoe rack.

I hate to shop, I hate to spend $$ on clothes and shoes. My wardrobe consists of black trousers and skirts, black shoes (two pair) and some tennies. My tops come in a variety of colors (colours) so that I have some choice. It is easy to dress and easy to pack.

I buy my clothes this way... I go to the store, grab whatever I need, bunch it up in my hand. If it wrinkles, I don't buy it, if it says "dry clean only" I don't buy it. I believe in low maintenance, easy to coordinate clothes and shoes.

I am female, btw and very heterosexual. :H

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Calorie Burning.

db2fromala;218421 wrote: Satori,

FYI. My hubby has so many clothes and so many shoes/boots that I finally gave up and moved all my stuff the the guest room closet, where it only fills up about half the very small closet. His stuff fills up the ENTIRE walk in closet.

My shoes all fit nicely on one small shoe rack.

I hate to shop, I hate to spend $$ on clothes and shoes. My wardrobe consists of black trousers and skirts, black shoes (two pair) and some tennies. My tops come in a variety of colors (colours) so that I have some choice. It is easy to dress and easy to pack.

I buy my clothes this way... I go to the store, grab whatever I need, bunch it up in my hand. If it wrinkles, I don't buy it, if it says "dry clean only" I don't buy it. I believe in low maintenance, easy to coordinate clothes and shoes.

I am female, btw and very heterosexual. :H

Cindi
        Er... are you SURE you are female? I mean - when was the last time you actually checked ???????

Only jokin' - yep - I know the ladies and shoe / clothes shopping stereotype is not universal!
        TBH - SWMBO is also not too bad when it come so clothes / shoes / handbags (purses?) - although there is definitely room for improvement!!!!:H

Do you do tuition???

Love

Satori
        xxx
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Calorie Burning.

Satori,

Tuition?

Hmmm.

I can, let's see.... 30% annum, not deferred, payable in weekly installments.

:H
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Calorie Burning.

satori;218371 wrote: I sincerely hope you are not considering objectifying men as sex objects!

It is SO demeaning!

(but hey - I could do "demeaned"! )

Satori

xxx
            no just as an aid for burning calories that's different than objectification :H
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Calorie Burning.

star what type of exercise do you plan on doing? I get cross trainers which can be used for running, walking, etc.
              don't get the cheapest or the most expensive.
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Calorie Burning.

O.K. satori.........I got it now.........I ask the assistant in the sport shop for trainers specifically for aerobic workout, yes?

And Cindi............the USA interpretation of trainers sounds wayyyyyyyyyy more fun than boring old sports shoes...........I mean, it`s not like they`ve got a 4 inch silver heel or ankle bars or anything!!!! ...........oh, I have an idea........I`ll get coordinating leggings, leotards,legwarmers and sweat bands. Am gonna lurvvvvvvvvv this gym malarky now!!! :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Calorie Burning.

LOL! The only thing I can think about after reading your post Starlight, is Flash Dance - the movie!

Comment

Calorie Burning.

ROFL AFM...........I wish!!!! :H

Comment

Calorie Burning.

Actually, just been thinking about Jennifer Beals of Flash Dance fame.........changed my mind.........she ain`t a patch on me........sex appeal is sooooooo wasted on the young..........us 40+ Girls could sure show them what to do with it, right???!!! :bigwink:

Comment

Calorie Burning.

You betcha, girlfriend.
                        Hey Star, I"m so glad I found this thread. I decided just this morning that I must MUST join the gym. I mean MUST!!!

The hardest part is getting over feeling so embarrassed about my heavy weight. I try to tell myself that I'll blow their minds - in six months they'll ask me to do ads for them, cuz I got SO hot, so fast!

When are you starting?? Are you interested in being booster buddies?
                        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Calorie Burning.

Has anyone read good calories bad calories by gary taub? It's sugar and carbs that make you fat, not calories, and exercise does not make you thinner. It can make you more hungry. Not that the research is against exercise, just the conventional wisdom. No wonder I've gotten a tummy over the years...it's the beer.

Comment

Calorie Burning.

Diet is more important for any fitness goal (gaining or losing weight) than excercise. Breaking your daily caloric intake into at least 5 meals per day (with each meal providing the correct ratio of macronutrients) will do wonders for keeping your metabolism stoked naturally.

As far as excercise goes, once you get to the gym and get aquainted with you favorite cardio equipment, you'll know exaclty what to expect in terms of caloric expenditure. If you're new to the gym I would suggest getting a personal trainer to put together a program for you, preferrably one involving resistance training as well as cardio. Afterall, you're going to want something to look at once the fat is gone, right?

Once you have your basic routine down, to the point where you're hitting plateaus (happens to everyone who is making progress) then you can begin to modify it and move on to more advanced programs. At that point you should be getting both your diet and excercise programs dialed in for your individual needs.

One more thing to remember for cardio: 70% of your max heart rate is where you want to be for optimal fat burning. A simple formula for figuring out where you want to be in terms of beats per minute:

(220-your age) x .7

So we can use me for an example: 220-38= 182 (my max heart rate). 70% of this would be 127.4 beats per minute for optimal fat burning. Of course going harder would burn more calories overall, but keeping it in that range burns more FAT calories.

Some people (like me) do long cardio sessions (45 minutes+) 4-5 times a week (or more) and some like to mix it up with long sessions of lower impact cardio (keeping your BPM in the fat burning range) and shorter sessions of high intensity cardio (20 min of going all out). Again, once you've started a basic program and really get to knowing your way around the gym you can start to play around with your routine and see what works best for you. Hope this helps.

Comment

Calorie Burning.

If weight loss is your ultimate goal - remember it is a lot easier to reduce your calorie intake than try to lose weight through exercise.

It takes about 1 minute to eat a Snickers bar

........but it takes 20 minutes of running at 8 minutes per mile pace to use up those 300 or so calories!

Exercise is GOOD as it makes your body / heart / lungs fitter and healthier, but if you want to lose weight at the same time - combine exercise with a lower calorie diet!

Love

satori

xxx

Comment

Calorie Burning.

satori;270998 wrote:
                                It takes about 1 minute to eat a Snickers bar

........but it takes 20 minutes of running at 8 minutes per mile pace to use up those 300 or so calories!
                                Oh Satori - I need to remember that!
                                Marcie

Comment

Working...
                                X