Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atkins, Week Three!

Hey there, my low carb friends!!

P4T... WAY TO GO ON YOUR THREE POUNDS!!! Here is a link for the Think Thin bars https://www.thinkproducts.com/indexset.htm, just make sure you get the low carb variety - they make different kinds. I love them, and we sellt hem at the spa.

One little thing I wanted to point out regarding the salad dressing.. "lite" usuallymeans more sugar. You will notice by reading the lables on salad dressings that anything labled LITE is higher, actually, that is the rele of thumb for most foods... So, go for the REAL DEAL, and remember that dressings can add up to 6-8 carbs, so be careful! My choice, Annies Green Goddess.. IT IS SOOOO GOOD see you can find it try it! If you are ever in doubt, or away from home, opt for oil and balaslmic vinegar...

Trixie, Det, and DG.. any weight loss??? Are you guys weighing? Just curious.... good to see you are still on track!

My weigh in is on Monday, so I will let you know how I did this week. I did have one BIG bust night (ate french fries and popcorn - OMG, it tasted so good, though), so we shall see....

MM

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

Today

Breakfast
      Protein Shake w/ AllOne
      Eggs
      Bacon (LOVE IT)

more to come - I HAVE THE DAY OFF! So, I will write in more later... I just needed a place to say I have the day off, myhouisekeeper came and so I am going to sit on my ass all day and watch movies!
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

Holy Smoke!
        I'm down 2 more lbs today -- so that's a total of five lbs since Monday! Its great, but maybe I need a few more carbs. I have not cheated at all since starting, so I indulged in a huge glass of grapefruit juice this morning which had 27 carbs!!!:H Wow... I've shot my carb allotment with one glass of juice. Grapefruit juice is my all time favorite thing in the morning and is what I mix my All One with usually -- on the second glass that is. I plan to go about the diet as usual and see what that grapefruit juice does.

MM -- I know those Lite dressings are the worst choice on Atkins, but it was all I had in the fridge other than poppyseed dressing which is full of sugar. I normally make my own dressings and was not up for it, so I just used that.

Spamo -- About the brussel sprouts, I wash (obviously)them and then cut them in half. Make sure they are thoroughly dry and then I put mine in a gallon-size Ziploc bag, drizzle olive oil in there (A feb Tbsps I guess), two garlic cloves minced, salt to taste and then I added some Ms. Dash. Seal the ziploc bag all the way except leave about 1/2 an inch open. Blow into the bag until it fills with air like a balloon and then quickly seal it up. Shake the bag vigourously to evenly coat the brussel sprouts with oil and seasoning. Open, dump into a glass oven dish and roast for about 20 minutes, turning at least once half way. I watch them until they start turning a little brown, and then take them out. Sooo goooood!

Allie
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

Allie~ the brussel sprouts sound amazing - I will try them that way. I usually saute mine and add a piece (or 2) of chopped bacon - they are delish that way, too!

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

For dinner - I think I will make beef stoganoff! I am going to put it in the slow cooker and serve over noodles for hubby and over spinach for me - topped with a big dollop of sour cream! Yumm-o!

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

Hello again!

P4T, congratulations on your great progress!! 5 pounds is awesome. You are doing very well with induction and getting the results that you should be getting! And thanks for the brussel sprout recipe! Now that I have yours and MM's, I need to get to a store that carries brussel sprouts so I can make them.

MM you are making my mouth water for Stroganoff!! I was at the butchers on Thursday and I did get meat so it's on my menu radar. I've never tried it over spinach - I bet that's yummy. I usually serve it over green beans which I really like, but at this time of year it's hard to find nice green beans! So if I don't find any good ones this week, I shall try your spinach method. I love the sharing of recipe and menu ideas here!

My official weigh in at Curves will happen either next Friday or Saturday. I did sneak onto the scale at Curves this AM, and it looks like I'm down only 2 scale pounds. But of course I was consuming way too much alcohol until 3 days ago, and not being 100% faithful to my "eat" / "don't eat" list. So I'm happy to have lost anything on the scale! I'm also hoping to see some improvement in body fat% and measurements. That will give me a good reality check on where I am, and what I need to do to get things on track.

Anyway, dinner is in the crock pot and life is good. I'm trying a new recipe (new for me anyway) from Dana Carpender's Crock Pot Recipes book. It's called "Comfort Food Caserole" which sounded very good to me when I was menu planning on Day 1 AF LOL!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

as usual this thread makes me hungry...even late at night!

Prest I usually make a fresh vinagrette and if I make too much I'll put it in a squeeze bottle and into the fridge for safe keeping. in consideration of our busy lives I'm working on my
                "worlds fastest real salad dressing". the competition is on! who wants to play? I'll post on the recipe thread when divine knowledge occurs to me.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

Det - LOVE the idea! For now, I am in love with the Salad Spritzers. They come in a variety of flavors and have less than 1 carb...

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

Sunday - 21 carbs

Hi fellow Low Carb'ers!

Today is a lazy day, as was yesterday. I am home, so it is REALLY easy for me to eat on target.

Breakfast
                    Protein SHake w/ All One and 2TBL Half and Half (5)

Snack
                    DEVILED EGGS - YUM-O! (0)

Lunch
                    Tuna Salad w/ Blue Cheese Crumbles in Romaine Boat and a Pickle (4)

Snack
                    Almonds and a Diet Coke (I like to have one a week!) (3)

Dinner
                    Roasted Rosemary Chicken
                    Some Veggies (4)

Snack
                    Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding (5)

Someone asked about the snack thing - if it is necassary. I believe it is good to keep the metabolism going. Some people don't need this, but mine is is a COMA! All nutritional experts say to have 5 small meals a day, so I think it is a good idea - you want to keep that fire burning!!

Have a fantastic Sunday!

Namaste,

MM

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

DG, the only way I will eat brussel sprouts is if they are roasted. If you cannot find fresh I always use frozen and just thaw them before roasting. I find they are smaller and cook faster. Really good sauteed in a pan (after roasting) with a little maple syrup and bacon........I know, I know, syrup has carbs but you do not put that much on.
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

I love the ideas!

MM -- what brand of protein shake to you use? Inquiring minds want to know!

Det -- I am sure you would blow me away on the salad dressing competition, but I do LOVE home made and usually surf the internet of my favorite recipe sites and find cool recipes.

I was planning to roast a chicken tonight with lots of fresh herbs, but my husband put the darn thing in the freezer instead of the fridge! Argggh...

So I raided the freezer and we are eating Tyson "Tequila Lime Wings" ( almost NO carbs, but lots of fat), and then steamed some green beans with a little butter.... the scales will tell tomorrow if this was bad or good!

Tomorrow will be easier to eat right on track. Weekends are harder I think.

Will check in tomorrow!
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

Hi all! Lushy, thanks for the brussel sprout tips! Once I face my first sober spring in a very long time in 2008, I'm thinking about getting a garden in early. I've never grown sprouts before but would like to try.

Yesterday was a great day all the way around - low carb, AF, and life just being good. It was:

B: Spinach/feta omlette and sausage

Snack: Low carb bread (home made - mainly an almond flour & farmer cheese base) with butter. (let me know if you want the recipe I used - around 5G carbs depending on how thick/thin you slice it, less if you subtract fiber)

L: Greek Chicken breast and some broccoli

D: Leftover comfort food casserole

Well, I'm gonna wrap up here pretty soon and head to Curves! Have a great day everyone.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Atkins, Week Three!

DG,

I want the bread recipe!! Thanks!!

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...