Elliptical trainer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elliptical trainer??

Didn`t wait `til the Jan sales after all. Ordered one as an extra surprise prezzie for my teen.........hasn`t arrived yet. Bonus is that I`ll also get to use it. Best bit is........wait for it........eliptical I ordered is PINK!!! :H :H :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

You go, girly-girl!!:yougo: :yougo: :yougo:
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Wow Jude you are in shape!!!! I bet I could not do four minutes on one of those....I hear it is a tough workout.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

As long as I have good music &/or a good tv show to distract me!:H

Lushy, you'll be fine! It's amazing how some good incintive(sp?) will get ya going. I put on CMT...like dangling a carrot... "cowboys just outa my reach" on the big screen singing ONLY for me!

I like the travel channel or good live music, or comedy the best.

Pretty funny if you'd have asked me 8 years ago about this.. I'd have not known what you were talking about! Let alone know how to turn on a computer...
          Not that I'd have needed it! Living in a tree-house, I DID GET PLENTY of exercise. Carrying wood, water,propane,laundry,groceries...etc. Anything I brought home that coudn't walk ..I had to carry.(UPHILL-BOTH WAYS!!!LOL)
          Not to mention shoveling the 73 steps up the hillside whenever it snowed...and my footbridge across the creek.

I used to be in great shape...before I got "civilized"!LOL

Oh yeah..I used to telemark ski moguls(daily), back when I had strong knees then. Ohhh youth...At least it wasn't wasted.
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Niblet, Does yours have the "Smart programs" that change the resistance automaticly? Mine does a Mountain & a City one. Each of them take 30 minutes, and change tension throughout the program. Kinda breaks it up for you.

It's pretty neat, it also tells you your distance, & calories burned, heart rate, etc & time as you go...

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

favorite

Sorry to butt in, was just reading...........I LOVE the eliptical machine (about the only thing I can do w/ this knee )

Judie, I am in about the same shape as you, 30 min.................you're right, that machine does kick butt!!!!:H

love ya!!:h

MA:l
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Mary Ann,"BUTT-IN"all ya like!
                All Happy asses :welcome: :H
                I think my Hubby's getting jealous of my eliptical! He thinks I'm nukin' futs!

I'm just so pleased to be able to do something without having my knee pop out on me!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I could barely do 2 minutes when I first started on mine at the beginning of the month. I did 13 minutes yesterday and hope to keep inching up a couple minutes every week. I watch TV as well Judie.
                  Marcie

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Good for you Marcie !!!
                    Jude, my elipical doesn't have any programs atall.. I manually dial the resistance, but I have a digital gaget that blinks all kinds of numbers that mean absoultely nothing to me.. he he!! I enjoy watching "Baby Story" or Special delivery... It helps me to know that somebody else is in worse pain than I am... haaa !!! haaaa !!! Actually, I also watch " taking it off " X-weighted and all the health channel stuff... I have to bring the remote upstairs with me so that nobody changes the channel on me downstairs... The cable is run up to my little gym.
                    Star, I'm soooo Happy for you... A pink one !!! That is a hoot !!! You'll be a happy elipicaler too then !!!! It will kick your butt that's for sure !!!
                    Jude, you lived in trees? You name should be Jane and you must be married to Tarzan !! Haaa !!! Haaa !!! Take Care All, xxx
                    Oh and Cowgirl, the more the merrier !!! Love to have you along !!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Oh and I wear a heartrate monitor around my chest and a reciever watch on my wrist... I'm able to stay in the high end of my heartrate that way... Now they have monitors that don't require you wear a belt around your chest... Wish they would have had them 3 years ago...

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Mine has a heart rate monitor on the handles.. pretty cool. (Not that I"ve finished assembling it and used it yet.....grrrr..)

Jude - sorry, I keep forgetting to look up what you need on the monitor. Crazy week!!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

That would be a handy dandy feature to have !!!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

MOW, Mine has the same thing.
                            Marcie

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

While you are on your eliptical, what range do you stay in ? I generally keep right around 140-155 (heartbeats per minute).. I find that it doesn't take very long to be in the arobic range. Although today my back is really sore..I made that mistake of walking in heavy winter boots in sloppy snow 2 days in a row. Waaaaa !!!! I really hate when I get off track with my workouts. Maybe I'll sneak in a gently little workout to see how it feels.
                              Happy Elipticallating Everybody, xxx and one more x

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I went to the hardware store today to get the missing washers - the guy helping damn near laughed at me... of course they don't have the one weird "wave washer" I need.

Niblet - in the manual I have it has recommended heart beat ranges. One for warming up or cooling down, and one for optimal fat burning, and one for aerobic conditioning. It's based on age. Interestingly, it says burning fat requires a lower heart rate than aerobic goals, but you gotta stay on longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X