X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elliptical trainer??

Pant! Pant!:blush: :alf: :coolsanta: :danthin:

Just got off my elipt mchin.
    Can't find that emoticon with the tongue hangin' out...

Time to jump in the shower & head for town for a last minute gift!
    Ho Ho Ho!
    Merry Christmas Everybody!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I've been busy running around the past week and when not running from place to place I wanted to be lazy, so haven't been on the runner in the past few days. I plan to start back on it very soon though.
      Marcie

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I spent 40 min on mine today while the turkey was roasting...worked up a good appetite so I could go pig-out @ Mom & Dad's
        We had a huge feast! Turkey, ham, steelhead salmon(my brother had just caught & BBQ'd) 4 diff home made pies, with fresh local berries...Yummm!
        I ate wayyy too much!
        My 99 yr old Grandma couldn't decide if she wanted pie or seconds on stuffing & gravy, so I suggested she try pie & gravy.. I thought she was going to do it!:H
        I do come from good stock! She's still a tail puller!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Oh my gosh Jude !!! LMAO !!!
          I would give my eye teeth to still have my Gramma !!! 99 years old , PHEWWW !!!!!!!!! Tail Puller ?? I've never heard of that expression before. It must be good though, coming from a gal like you.. Haa !! Haaa !!!
          Do you keep track of your heart rate while on your machine ?
          Myself, I have some extra grub to work off.. Ahhhhh !!! turkey, ham, dressing, fudge, ice-cream ... Tis the season !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Yep she's pretty special.:h
            At dinner I mentioned how well she seems to be getting around these days.(She just took a tumble last week & bruised her ribs a bit, so she's a a little sore)
            She said, "Well if I'm gonna be around forever, I might just as well get around good."
            She's a tuff little gal.

I'm not sure how accurate the heart rate moniter is my machine. It really seems to vary a lot. Sometimes it's around 123- 140
            Sometimes it's more like 133- 160...?
            I guess I should write it down & keep track.
            I suppose it would vary also if I do a full 30 min workout or if I just do 5 or 10 min here & there...
            Also, the 30min workouts change resistance thru-out the program, so I think that would affect the heart rate...?

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I just did 10 min @ resistance #5 and checked my heart rate on Hubby's blood pressure monitor. It's very accurate.
              My rate was @ 80.

I'm thinking the monitor on the eliptical isn't very accurate...

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I think too that a good rule of thumb is the "Old McDonald Test "
                You haven't heard of the old McDonald test ??!! :lol3:
                Yep !! Gals I kid you not !!
                We all know the song, Old McDonald had a farm.. etc...
                Well as you are working out sing, Old McDonald had a farm... (you should feel the need to take a breath after that first line.. )
                Then E I E I Ooooo !!! (again feeling the need for air)
                This simple song can tell you if you are working out at an arobic intensity...
                I wouldn't suggest it at a fancy gym though !!! :disco
                Enjoy that spry Gramma of your Jude :l
                Bye for now, time to go do my workout , Hugs,

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Marcie ? Jude ? Star? Anybody out there???

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I'm here, just haven't quite gotten the exercise going the past couple days, but I've been looking at the eliptical longingly. LOL.
                    Marcie

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

After failing at getting the parts I need at two hardware stores, I called the manufacturer - I'll have them next weeek, hopefully. I know it sounds ridiculous - especially if you knew how non-exercise-ish I am, but I am really excited!!

Til then - I got the exercise DVD that accompanies the new Dr Oz book and I'm going to do that today, and go for a walk in the park!
                      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I think that today instead of using my eliptical and recombent bike and bowflex, I'll go cross-country skiing. We have 38 acres and there is nice fresh snow that has fallen... I think fresh air would do me good. Have a great day everybody,

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I think that we were posting at the same time MOW !! I love love love Dr. Oz !!! He makes healthy lifestyle seem so straight forward doesn't he ?
                          I hope that your darn part comes in really soon... What a pain in the bum for sure !!! arggg !! You will truley enjoy your machine I'm sure. Enjoy that walk in the park

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

MOW, Damn! I'm sorry you're still waiting to get your elip up & "running", you will love it when you do though. I was on mine @ 3:30 this morning before I crawled into bed! Just happened to be awake, & it's so nice & quiet...
                            Enjoy your walk.
                            Niblet xx skiing sounds great! I did a LOT of that in Colo....Before I discovered moguls. LOL Well actually, I guess I really still did it technicly because all I ever learned was telemarking. I never alpine skiid.
                            I sure miss it.

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Skiing was really beautiful and I only fell once !! Haa !! Haaa !!! I couldn't make it down a little hill, and away I went, face first, laughing at myself...
                              Good for you Jude excercising so regularly !!!
                              So, MOW what is your excercise DVD like? Is it a low impact type tape? I used to tape a couple low impact excercise shows and do them when my boys were babies.

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Wow cc skiing, that is great exercise Niblet. Glad you had fun.
                                Judie, I can't believe you were on the runner at 3:30, gosh when I bartended I would come home and collapse into bed the second I got home!
                                MOW - Hope you get the parts for your elliptical soon!

I did finally get myself on the bowflex today. I need to revise my workout though, a couple of the exercises I didn't like. I also have to do a couple sets of them. I never added additional sets when I created the workout from the software that came with the bowflex.

I have this written in my calendar now: Mon, Wed, and Fri are elliptical days and Tues, Thurs, Sat are bowflex days. So tomorrow starts the elliptical again. I'm planning for only 10 minutes, but going to hopefully be up to 20 min by the end of next week. I just have to learn to go slow on the runner, I can always increase speed and/or resistance as I build up my stamina!! Woo Hoo I'm going to be so damn healthy this year it makes me sick!
                                Marcie

Comment

Working...
                                X