Elliptical trainer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elliptical trainer??

Marcie, Good for you I really love my bowflex. Although I do not do all the programs that are on the DVD.. I've just kinda made my own excercises that I need to do to target my problem areas. The nice thing about the eliptical is you can adapt the speed and resistance for yourself... Would you like to join us in the Workout Buddy thread.. I've been there for a couple days and we are a really positive upbeat group !!! The more the merrier !!! Come join us Marcie !!! And whoever else is reading this... Come join us !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

WELL.... I finally got the elliptical put together, and just got on it.
      Five full minutes and it kicked my ass!!!

Guess I'll do work on increasing each session by a minute, and do it twice each day, til I work up to a respectable work out!
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

MOW, I'm just up to 20 minutes on the elliptical finally! It helps a ton to have something to watch on TV. I've been trying to do it at 3pm which is the time DR Phil is on by me, LOL. It takes my mind off of how long I've been on the machine. I put the remote for the TV on top of the display so I can't see the time. I want to get up to 30 minutes, I hope I get there next week. You can do it!
        Marcie

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Well, you're gonna think this is whacky... but what got me through the minutes I did was actually kind of meditating on the movement. As I'm trying to establish a new relationship with my body, as in actually consciously inhabiting it, I said as kind of a mantra as I pedaled "this is my body... this is MY body". I guess it worked!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

OMG.........the eliptical has finally been delivered........arrived this morning. Don`t know how guy managed to haul it up the 2 flights of stairs.......it weighs a tonne.

Am trying to work up the courage to unpack it now.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Star

I hope you tipped the delivery guy!

and boy! I never knew you were getting fit as well as everything else... putting me to shame woman. I'm gonna go find my running shoes. Honest, just as soon as I've finished my cheese on toast......

LOL
              K, x

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Oh, go for it Star! I got such a rush of 'accomplishment' in putting the thing together (even though it took me 23 days!!!)

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Oh well, intend to have my first session on the "big pink mean machine" later on today. If you never hear from me again........you`ll know my fate. :H :H :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

It was lovely knowing u Star........but u probably just won't be able to walk for a while. But crawling is good for.............well for finding things u might have dropped on the floor. So having to crawl a few days..........a good thing.

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

hart, I could never aspire to being a "crawler".........kinda explains the "not so dizzy heights" I have reached in my life to date.:H

Oh well, is 7.30 pm now.........don`t quite know if I`m fit enough to hop on the "big pink mean machine" this evening after all........not long back from town.........it`s hard work when you shop `til you drop!!! :hitme:

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Get you butt on that machine Star! Even if it is just a couple minutes. I want to see a post from you in a little while telling us about your "first time"
                        Marcie

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Marcie.........a post about my "first time"???..........NO FEAR!!!!........R.J. would ban me for sure. :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Star how was it?

Waiting with bated breath... (hope you're not too sore from your "first time!" LOL)details please...

I get on mine and think I'll just go for a 5 min or so then I decide well, I'll go a bit more till reach an even amount of calories burned, next thing, it's well,... might as well get to an even minute again...

Before you know it 10 minutes or more have gone by! It does help to have a music or travel channel on though.
                            Sometimes I'll just jump on during commercials, that adds up the minutes pretty quik too.
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I never thought of that Judie, during commercials. That's a good idea!
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X