Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh Niblet, it looks like we've all fallen off our exercise high horse!!!!
    I have been working out consistently with my hubby for two weeks.....have just been neglecting my postings and such.
    The treadmill is still awesome! I'm doing high intensity intervals, some weight work and have kicked up my ab work lately.
    Where is everyone? Spring fever has got us all crazy down here! We all just want to stay outside all the time!
    I do hope we can keep this going......hugs to you all from the South!:h

Comment

I'm waiting for all this damn snow to melt so I can get back out running. In the mean time I'm getting back to yoga and core work to help squeeze out those toxins from my poor poor liver.

Any exercise is good to also keep those endorphins crankin' for the right reasons and burn away that negative energy. Rock on everybody!
      Is Addiction Really a Disease?
      Watch this and find out....
      http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

This snow's gotta go! On the otherhand, perhaps now is a good time to take advantage of the end-of-season sales and buy me some snowshoes. Lord knows there are plenty of opportunities to blaze new trails!
        ~K.

Comment

Hey guys! Great to have you along! It's hard to imagine waiting for the snow to melt! Down here it's gorgeous and warm today! BUT!!! I'm stuck inside with some kind of damn chest cold! UGH! My hubby and I were gonna ride today, but I decided I better not! He went on instead.....damn it.
          Anyway, I like the idea of doing core work to squeeze out the liver toxins!!!! I'll keep that in mind! HA! I think I might do some yoga today. I should be able to do that much while I'm sick.
          Keep the faith! The snow will eventually melt and the summer is on it's way!!!!!
          Yall have good one!

Comment

New avatar!

Guys! Check out my new avatar! I'm diggin' it!
            It kinda reminds me of how I feel when I wake up WITHOUT a hangover, clear headed and feeling good!!! It motivates me so I think I'll keep it for a while!!!!!

Niblet! Hope you are having a good time this week-end! 'Can't wait to hear from you next week! :crazymonkey:

Comment

yep

:thumbs:Usmgirl, yep, that is about how I feel in the am now that I am AF!! Go girl!!

Glad to meet you, had a healthy, work-out weekend.............lifted wieghts on Sat (shoulders) and did the eliptical Sat and Sunday...............sat out by the pool yesterday and got some rays (always makes me feel good!) and walked the cross-country course for the Red Hills Horse Trials (pre-olympian horse trials I will be working at on 3/15/08!!) and just feel so "in shape" as opposed to how I felt about 2 weeks ago!!:happy:

Good to meet you again, and Niblet, I hope you had a good weekend!! Everyone else, join in and let's beat the statistics here!

Love ya!!:h

Hugs,

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hello Everybody !!!!
                Yep I'm definately diggin' that new avator USMgirl !!!! It is all you !!!!
                I love how happy you sound ladies !!! Cowgal in "our day" my quarterhorse, Cody and I used to jump courses with some of the jumps being 3 foot 8 inches high... He is now in his 30 th year and is happily retired here on our little hobby farm along with his girlfriend Milley-Mae.. a workhorse mix. We still reminice about our times together...giggle giggle. He was my first horse that has been my best friend now for 22 years. xxx
                So, camp was alot of fun... I walked almost halfway in with the dogs on Saturday and then shovelled alot of snow... Sunday I didn't do a whole lot except barn chores. Today I'll be doing my regular workout that I miss so much !!! Doesn't it feel good to workout? Have a great day

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

ow!!

I just banged my new knee into a desk, OUCH!!! I have ice on it now, but walking down the stairs to my office was quite painful!! I hope that this doesn't keep hurting, and am afraid to work out, afraid I will further injure it............................:upset:

I will hopefully work out at the gym (at least lift weights and work my chest and triceps) I guess.................

Let's keep on going..................

Niblet, cool that you used to jump, I tried it when young and "in my day" too.............now I just trail ride, all this "old gal" really wants to do at this point of my life..

Hugs,:l

MA

Comment

I lost my membership at the gym. have been spending a lot of time stretching and walking. I will do Yoga until April when my membership starts again.
                    staying above water but it ain't easy.

Trix
                    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Cowgal!!! AWESOME that you can get out in the sun!!! Man!!! The thought of some rays on my fit new bod just makes me all warm and smiley!!! 'Wish I was out there with ya!!! Welcome to our group! I love to hear about Niblet's farm and chores, etc!!! And I'm just as excited to hear all about your horse riding!! That is incredible.....I've always been a little afraid of them. But my brothers all ride and my boss has a huge horsefarm here so I guess the opportunity is there if I ever want to try to get up on one!!! We'll see....I'm really just learning how to hang onto the back of a Harley-Davidson!!! :H

Nib!!!!! Glad to have you back!!! I've missed you!
                      I'm off to hit the treadmill, girls! I've been sick but feel like I'm over it now....gonna do some cardio, abs and GGOOOODD long stretches!
                      Oh yeah! Hubby just bought him some "perfect pushups!"......he is supposed to break them in this pm.....we'll see!!!!!
                      Yall have a good one!!!!!! :goodjob:

Comment

Trixie!!! I almost forgot.....just remember....doing anything is better than doing nothing! Especially if you're doing it without AL.

And hey, keep your head up friend....the water may not be a deep as it seems!!! Good luck!!!

Comment

Arggg !!! I made a fancy, dancy post and then it wouldn't post !!!
                          Oh well !!!
                          Thank-You so much for the warm welcome home.. You all are the best !!!
                          Trixie, walking is the most perfect excercise... keep stepping one foot in front of the other and let us know your progress We love having you here !!! xxx
                          Did the ice help your knee Cowgal? Ouch !! that's gotta hurt !!! Trail riding is something that I haven't done for awhile now because my horse is so old... You sound so good !!!

USMgirl, is the perfect pushups those loop type things that are attached to the floor? Hope that you are over that flu or cold... Listen to your recouping body as your do your routines...

So, today I did 25 minutes on the treadmill with some of those minutes at a slow jog..felt really good, but will see how I'm feeling tomorrow... Then I did 70 abdominals, and bowflex for my arms and legs... It feels soooo good to be back in my gym. Tomorrow I have to be at work at 7 am, until 2:30, so that running around will likely be my workout...
                          I'll stop by to cheer you all on tomorrow just the same though.
                          Hugs, and keep up the good work xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Nib, the pushups are two round discs with handles on top and as you go down, the handles turn so your wrist are working in the movement.....they are all over tv and the internet...as well as pharmacies and Wal-mart.....he didn't know he could go up the street and buy them when he ordered them online! HA!

Cowgal, hope the knee is better! Remember RICE, rest, ice, compression and elevation!!!! Let us kow how you feel!

I did 42 min on treadmill, 2/2 intervals of run/fast walk....4-5% incline, starting at 3.8mph and working up to 4.2! Also did killer set of abs and WONDERFUL stretches! Now I'm off to fix up a little fish and veggies for hubby and me! He's on the treadmill as I type this......I love it when he sweats!!! :h

'Night, yall! I'm Af today. It feels good.

Comment

I was a wrestler in highschool and a baseball player..i really need to work out again..thanks for the inspiration to get back at it..my old ass 31 body has a little life yet...great thread..and great inspiration....AF free 2 days now

Comment

better

The knee is all better, I iced it and elevated it alot yesterday, worked out on it last night and it didn't bother me at all, in fact I am getting my muscle back in my quads!!YEAH!!:yay:

Worked out my chest and triceps yesterday and today will be just aerobics at lunch and this evening..................work it!!!!:thumbs:

MA:h

Comment

Working...
                                X