• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Yipee! It's springtime!

let's get this thread & ourselves back in shape already!:H

I've been paddling my buns off.
    For some some silly reason,...I'm wide awake right now. Makes no sense, because I've been working 2 jobs this week,... some days 10 hrs a day, maybe because today, it was a short shift @ both jobs...
    guess I'll get on the elipticle & wear myself out...

Hope everybody's having a great spring!
    :l
    Judie
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

canoe, canoe, canoe, can you?

hey babes - are you really out there in Oregon doing canoe? I am so jealous. i'm from Scotland and we have a wee retreat which is my mum's old house on the beautiful Isle of Arran, Scotland. Sadly, she departed this life back in 1997 but we have managed to keep on her house. Again, sadly (crikey I sound like the ... don't read this any more until you gob a couple of Prozacs... which is mad cos i'm quite a cheerful person!!) but yes, sadly last few years we have had to rent out the house cos cannot afford upkeep. So, we don't go so often and enjoy this beautiful island with it's glorious mountains, wild, lonely beaches, amazing wild life and really nice local people ... but when it comes to canoeing ... i joined a club way back in the 80's when I was working in Paris, France and lived in a suburb right beside the River Marne. Joined up with my great friend Sabine and summer evenings would see us dragging a couple of canoes down to water's edge, staggering in, paddling out mid-river, then kind of just let go the paddles, and relaxing, laid back in canoes, proffering faces to the evening summer sum. Dangerous activity, cos there were always some mad boy-racer rowers out on the river - we would hear a yell - and have to paddle like hell - to shortly miss being mowed down by them .... yeah but hell, we did go out with the instructor a few times and learnt the basics!!!

Then - on one of my trips back home to Scotland, I was in the Highlands and rented out a canoe on beautiful Loch Leven between Ballachulish and Glencoe. I paddled, paddled, had wonderful time then just drifted a bit when I got tired, right beside a little island with nesting seals and had the glorious sight of a little white seal, stumbling down to the waterside with momma seal - how beautiful was that?? oh, the peace and serenity of paddling in quiet waters in spectacular country.

keep on, keep on paddling & tell me your beautiful sights.

you have really inspired me to shake myself up and find a place near us (city of Glasgow) where my 12 yr old can learn the basics .... then maybe we can get back down to Arran and do some canoeing round the shores there ... cos that is so gorgeous.

lotsaluv - and thanks

cara

Comment

Hi Cara! and :welcome: Aboard!

Yep I'm up here in Oregon, I actually have an Ocean kayak (sit on top style) I guess it's similar to a canoe, but probably a bit more versitile, it's great for surfing!

I love going out @ dusk and catching the otters & minks along the river playing (although sometimes I see them @ mid day as well)

So sorry to here about your Mum...:h I'll bet her place is beautiful. I hope you're still able to spend some quality time there with your daughter & family.

Being on the river, is kind of like my "church" it's very thereputic for me...in sooo many ways.

In fact I'm on my way right now to go for a paddle. We live right on the river, so it's quite conveneint.:H

I don't have to work till 6PM, & the sun's shinin'!
        Have a great day!
        Hugs,
        Judie

Comment

A rainy day here so, weights, push-ups, & elipticling for me today.
          Waitressing tonight, I guess that qualifies as exercise too...LOL

Where is everybody these days?

It's getting lonely down here...:upset:

Hope everybody's having a great weekend.

:lJudie

Comment

Another rainy day,... will make for more wildflowers...
            I'm going thru kayak withdrawls now...
            I did walk on the beach for a while yesterday, when I went out to visit Mom & dad & give Mom her B-day gift.
            She just turned 70!
            Doesn't look or act it. I swear she just doesn't age!

Sitting here bouncing on my exercise ball while I type...:H
            guess I'll go do some weights & eliptical for a bit...

Anybody out there?

Feeling like the Lone ranger here!:welcome:One & ALL!

Comment

BUMP!!!!

I know there's a bunch of us exercising these days!

Lets encourage each other!:goodjob::h

I've been doing the summer ( "paid aerobics" routine..., waiting tables:H)
              Kayaking in between,...

Somebody's gotta do it!

Comment

Yes, summer is very active for me. I ride my bike to/from work unless it is raining (just 2x/week in summer). I take long (up to 2 hours) bike rides on most days I'm not working. I swim 30-40 min 2x/wk on weeks I'm not working. The rest of the time, I'm mostly gardening. I do try to take 1 hour breaks and read. And oh yeah, my summer job is working with preschoolers, who DO NOT move slowly. I often need to sit on the floor to work with them, not easy getting up at my age(55)/ with my knees.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Saint Jude, I just checked out the lodge and what a beautiful area. When you said you were painting, do you mean the building or as an artist? I have family in Portland and West Linn. Are you anywhere close? On another note. I aspire to be like you (a moderate drinker who who enjoys the outdoors) and I like the comment about the river as your church. I find a beautiful walk in the country inspirational. Went to the gym this morning and then came home and walked my 1 year old cockers (prissy little things, but I love them dearly). I need to get to the woods soon. Day 6 and doing well on topa. Thanks for continueing to post. Keke

Comment

Hi Keke & Sunbeam,
                    Thanks for keeping this thread alive :h
                    I've been so damned busy I haven't been online in ages...
                    Gotta make the hay while the sun's shinin',.... These tourist /resort towns, it's "feast or famine" w/no in between...

It's been kind of a wierd cloudy day here, but the suns's peaking thru now, & it's my day off... got some chores done, gonna go hit the river & paddle my a$$ off now!:H

Keke, glad ya like the lodge site. Hope you're having a great Sunday!

Here's a peak @ where I'm kayaking a lot... these boats only go by in the AM & PM, but they give me a great surf wave!
                    Jerry's Rogue River Jet Boats. Gold Beach Oregon Rogue River Tours.
                    Rogue River Jet Boat Tours Mail Boats Hydro-Jet Trips in Gold Beach, Oregon

For a little better view of my "church"

Comment

Been loving it ...the past few days. The hydro boats have stopped for the season. It's nice & quiet on the river.
                      No surf waves, but gotta love the solitude!:h
                      Just me & Bungee dog

Comment

Love the look, SJ! LOL I'm starting from the bottom and working up on my fitness. After years of drinking, a crushed leg that kept me wheelchair-bound last year, and the susceptibility to all upper respiratory viruses, I'm beaten down. Just bought a Wii Fit to start. I saw a lifelong friend last night suffering mid-stage MS, (mine is very controlled right now, thank God). It's never too late to get better, right?
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey there Ruby!
                          Yep, it's never too late to get better...we can always improve ourselves.
                          I need to get more serious about a more strict fitness & health routine... I've been slacking off, with the busy summer season.
                          I get a lot of exercise waiting tables, but I don't pay much attention to my diet. I go all day w/out eating, then just grab something quik, rather than healthy.
                          It can't be good me...
                          I'm just not hungry when I'm around food all day.

Comment

Working...
                          X