Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saint Jude;249963 wrote: Niblet, I hope you have a shelter @ your camp! I'll bet it's cold up there! Have fun & stay warm and cozy...

I used to have a pet goat named Valentino, when I was a kid. He followed me around like a puppy.:h

Our power was out this morning, plus we ran out of propane... sometime last night(our fireplace is propane)
    So I got on the eliptical first thing this morning to warm up.
    Worked like a charm. I did miss having the travel channel or music to watch while I elipted... but I just turned it to the window & watched the guys outside in the bucket truck cutting trees away from the power lines.
    were the guys in the bucket truck hot? cause that can make a workout exciting.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hey Trixie I'm really glad you are feeling better
      This is what Jude said about those workmen... Haaa !! Haaaa !!! I nearly shat myself !!!

Yep Niblet the view of the workmen was pretty good! Unfortunately I'm related to about 1/2 of them... cousins! (they are kinda cute though... I could pretend we're not related... ...NOT!)
      It's slim pickins' around here!
      I'm lucky I found a guy with teeth AND manners... & we're not related! that'll never happen again around here... that's why I married him...

well, at least a BIG part of it...Hee hee

Yesterday I did my usual 30 minutes of cadio on the eliptical/recombent bike... I decided that I would do my abs and bowflex later that night after work, but opened a bottle of homemade wine with hubby instead... arggg !!! I'll do a complete workout today...
      Well "E" are you certain you want a butt kicker? Haa !! Haaa !! A big welcome !!!
      MM, I'm so glad to see you. I hopet that your back is feeling better. I know the feeling as my back sometimes gives me grief !! Listen to your body Hon. We all want you strong and happy :l
      Well Jude I hope that you are up and at em' today... I hate it too when my Aunt "Flow" shows up every single month uninvited.. The B$%@H !! Well, I'm going to be 44 in June, so hopefully I can cancel her plane ticket one day soon... Giggle !! Giggle !!!
      I have a tip to share, " instead of drinking your juice to get vitamin C or a serving or fruit, eat the actual fruit itself... You will get all that important fiber that will help to cleanse the colon as well as the nutrition". Have a "Happy Humpy" everybody WE ROCK

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hey guys! Soooo glad to be back! It sure looks like everyone kept up their workouts while I was AWOL! I hate to admit...I didn't do much of anything but enjoy home cooking at my mom and sister's!!!! YUM! But!!!!!! I'm back on track this afternoon! The 'ole treadmill is beckoning me as we speak....or post, whatever.......
        Anyway, I got a new step and step DVD! Several years ago, I used to love to do step aerobics! It keeps my brain busy and kicks butt! LITERALLY, it gives GOOD BUTT! So, I'm starting that tomorrow! I'll let you all know how sore I am on Friday! :H :H

Hey Marcie! [SIZE=3]I have one of those balls!.....there are several "fun" exercises hubby and you could do on that!........(wink,wink,... SIZE]

ll go now! Hugs to everyone!!!!! :l

Comment

:H I'm sitting on my BIG BALL right now while I'm posting this...it makes a pretty good puter chair, plus I can do side to side moves for my hips, * semi squats, & sorta crunchesby bracing my knees on desk sides. I think it's good for the posture too!

I'm gonna try something here.

[ame= ]YouTube - "Carefree Highway" by Gordon Lightfoot[/ame]
          well that's not the one I was going for.!
          [ame= ]YouTube - Gretchen Wilson-Redneck Woman[/ame]
          I was trying to copy some music from another post down here for workout music. Somehow got a wrong song...But it's a pretty one. I've been going back & forth to the puter playing music & elipting... breaks it up a bit. I have a bunch of music in the subscribers youtube dedication thread I was trying to transfer here.. not quite that savvy yet..
          [ame= ]YouTube - MARVIN GAYE & TAMMI TERRELL "Ain't no Mountain High Enough"[/ame]
          [ame= ]YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan, Crossfire[/ame]
          [ame= ]YouTube - Temptation Eyes[/ame]
          [ame= ]YouTube - The Grass Roots- Sooner or Later[/ame]
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

[ame= ]YouTube - Sugarland - Something More[/ame]

One of my new favorites

And an old fav...

[ame= ]YouTube - Electric Light Orchestra - Sweet Talkin' Woman[/ame]

Comment

Hi peeps,

4 days a/f & cig/f!! Yay a record, feel fabulous about it tho, the exercise is not going so well but the healthy eating is going v well, no carbs after 6pm, loads of fruit & veg & salad & fish. Got on the scales this morn and I havent lost a pound?? I was wondering Whats going on? then later in the day I got my monthly!!!Aggghhh!! 5ft 6 and weigh 10 n half stone. 38yrs old, why does it get harder as you get older.......Did 30 mins on treadmill on sunday and Tuesday, gonna set alarm for 6am for another 30 mins on treadmill - defo need it tomorow, after the day i've had!!! REALLY hormonal today, couldn't stop crying tonight :upset: I feel like I want to split with my Hubby, that my life is going nowhere and I'm trapped, not really living just existing. Go to work, go to bed, go to work, go to bed all week then weekend clean house cook dinners, back to work etc etc etc ...........went for a drive and a think and a cry, came home, didn't drink or smoke! Then decided to see how you guys were doing and your posts made me feel so much better, just knowing your here, trying your best like me. OH woe is me!!! hahaha I'm having trouble sleeping at the moment, can anyone suggest anything? Tried the bath and lavendar and I read and no caffeine after lunch. Anyway it's late and i got an early start tomorow. Well done to everyone and keep up the good work. (I feel a bit rude for jumping in on your thread it's like you all know each other so well and who is this stranger?)
              Here's to happier days, sometimes I envy single people SO much, Vix. xxxx:h

Comment

Hi all,

Well 10 days AF and 5 of those iv been to the gym.....feelin good 40 mins cardio and 30 mins weights....followed by 70...yes 70 crunches!!! Then some lovely stretches and a chill out in the spa.
                I feel like a new person already....an my trousers are gettin big on me...im on my way back in to my "thin" trousers!!!
                Well done to you all and thanks for the inspiration.

Lou-Lou x x
                "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Vixta :welcome: the more, the merrier! Great job on no ciggies too! Wish I could get Hubby to do that...

Lou, Awsome!10 days! Glad somebody's fitting into skinny jeans...

I'm PMS'n & bloated over here...:upset: Feel like eating & drinking everthing...(I'm not...but I sure feel like it!)

Still eliptican & ab-lounging... it's been raining a lot so I haven't been doing much beach hiking...maybe someday soon. It can't rain forever.
                  Then again maybe I should start working on an ARK

Mom & Dad just left yesterday for Arizona...so I'll be going out to their house to "check' on the hot tub on a regular basis... It's great for doing my leg lifts in it. Good work out.

Comment

Good morning
                    Oh Vixta, we are so blessed to have so many people here !!! Please know that you are as welcome as the rest of us guys... You are going through alot of changes and truthfully, hon if you didn't have any emotional responses I would be truely shocked !!! Understand that your body is double detoxing and we always focus negative on the ones we feel safe with.. eg, hubby, parent, sibling... Give it time,,,, not to mention that you have your monthly which can play havoc on a good day.. chin up and know we all care xxx

Lou, a good old rest likely did you good. Hop back on track and enjoy this ride !!
                    I don't have much time this morning to spend on computer, so I'll say have a good day, I gotta go do my workout,
                    Oh and yesterday I did a complete workout... Have a great day, We Rock !!!

Comment

hey all. especially you vixta. I am doing well stretched and did some yoga last night. did 60 crunches. then ran on treadmill for 35 mins. I feel great! if I keep getting happier I am gonna blow up or something.
                      I know I keep saying this over and over, but we are gonna be one hot set of healthy mamas and papas.

Trix
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hi all!

Sorry for not checking in yesterday.. was late getting to work. I did get my Aerobics in, though. My new thing. I like these tapes! I have 6 and they KICK MY BUTT, litterally. It really works my whole body and I get a good sweat going. So for now, it's what I will be doing, and then the treadmill in the evening. That and SNOW BLOWING! we got DUMPED on last night. Can I tell you... that is a work out! So, I will be doing my tapes then blowing the driveway this morning. Down 2 pounds so far this weeks, so I'm happy, happy, happy!

I have to get my tooth pulled today, so I may be out of commission tomorrow. I will see how I go.... whaaa!!

Check in later.

MM
                        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hello More2 !!!!! Come spend some time with us... With you organizing your home and packing boxes etc, that is a workout all in itself... And guys, She has a Beautiful pool at her home... Aqua excercising is oh so good for you !!

MM, you inspire me !!! We just woke up to a nice blanket of snow too.... I live in Central Ontario Canada, Where do you live? There is a huge area around us that have been hammered with snow. Oh, and congratulations on losing 2 pounds !! Yaaahoooo!!!!!
                          Yesterday as I got off the computer I got called into work early, so my workout didn't happen..
                          Trixie, you are so cute Isn't excercise a wonderful way of life ?
                          Well, I'm going out to clean up the barn and then will do my workout, then hit the shower !!!
                          Have a great Friday everybody !!! We Rock !!

Comment

Oh, and MM, I hope that the tooth pulling isn't too painful for you. Take something for it and then rest. xxxx I'll be thinking of you Hon.

Comment

Well Jude did you check out that hot tub at your parents We have a small 5 seater that is so relaxing ... I did my usual workout and then proceeded to re-arrange my little excercise room just to see if there is a glimmer of hope of fitting a treadmill in there too !!!! (Good thing Hubby isn't reading this over my shoulder..:H )
                              I think it would definately be a sqeeze, but it would fit for sure
                              We Rock !!! Hugs Guys... My Own Woman, did you get that part for your eliptical ? I sure hope so... xxx to you all.

Comment

Good Saturday Morning everybody
                                I did my usual workout, it never gets dull because I find something new on TV while excercising....:H
                                Hope that your mouth isn't too sore from having your tooth pulled Jude... Have a great day:l
                                We Rock !!!!:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                                X