A new weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new weight loss thread

Kat what did you think of South Beach Diet?

Hubby and I are going shopping on Friday to buy food for the next week or so. He will be dieting with me. I ordered a pedometer last week and it came today. I have a friend who wears one and if she doesn't get 10,000 steps in she goes on her treadmill. I think that is a pretty realistic goal to keep.
    Marcie

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Betty Boop you are my new best friend. Have been trying to lose weight and have lost about 12 pounds. But that is since January!! So very slow. Not drinking a ton of wine will help. Been doing wieght watchers.

Goal is to walk, walk, walk.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Hey everyone hope this finds you doing well...and feelin' good!

I was doing some research about slimming down and I found a source that talked about soup helping. One bowl of soup helps slim you down...brought this to a friend of mine. Of course she said, liquids help your metabolism stay (in motion...in active gear?) going. So drinking all that water does cleanse you but helps your metabolism too.
        Hippie, what supps are you taking to get your metabolism set right?
        Ive suffered from hypoglycemia and have started taking Glutamine, but for only a couple days now.

now I just need a boost in energy, going to perk up in my iron content...we'll see

Comment

A new weight loss thread

I bought an exercise bike this week. I was going to join a gym, but I really cannot see dragging myself there, especially with the kids. So, I hope this helps me at least get some sort of exercise in. I had to buy some comfort food for lunch today (double cheeseburger from McDonald's), but I figured that was better than stopping for a 12 pack!!!!!
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Another benefit in soup for weight loss is that it fills you up so you end up getting lots of liquid and fewer calories in your meal. (of course not too helpful if you have potato cheddar soup with bacon!!)
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Hi everyone,
              i'd love to join in this thread. I think I need to loose about 35lbs, i haven't got any scales at home, but I can weigh myself at the local swimming baths, they have a weighing machine that works out your bmi so i'll go there tomorrow.
              I do eat healthy food, just a lot of it when I'm craving al, then crack up and have a binge on al, once or twice a week, that's become a pattern for me since Chrismas, i haven't been very active so i have piled the weight on. better than not eating and drinking 2 to 3 bottles of wine a day. I'm at a point where i'm ready to change my pattern again.
              No more binge drinking and more exercise.
              I'm going to check out the south beach diet

thanks for this thread

want
              xxx
              AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
              There's fire in your eyes,
              Bite me, excite me,
              I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
              Brings eternal flame.
              Open me to heaven,
              To heal me again.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

steppin up the exercise

Mornin'

I'm so glad this thread is going. I feel like I am a bit stuck in my weight loss efforts - not being as careful about portions and eating fattier things than I should. I need to get back to my salads and chicken and really need to kick in the exercise. I am afraid I am going to be all flabby skin if I don't start doing some weight training.

I moved my hand weights to the family room where our tv is. I figured I should lift weights or do other exercise during commercials on shows we watch (normally about an hour a night). It's a start . . . .

It is funny the excuses we use - I was going to get on the elliptical this morning but then I'd have to wash my hair and I just wanted a pony tail day. stupid - wash your hair woman! Maybe after work I'll go for a bike ride with my daughter if the winds aren't too bad today.
                Member since January 2008
                AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

A new weight loss thread

This looks like the site for me. I need to lose some weight. I think cutting back on the vino will help! I pray that not only will I get my life back on track but I will also get my body back - or at least my waistline. the book keeps talking aobut the topo as a weight lose aid. Has anyone found this to be true?
                  :new:

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Have you ever took a dump and lost 5 lbs.......that's what I'm shooting for !!! IAD Sorry all just thoiught I'ld share !
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Memarcie and all your healthy people out there, Sorry I could not get on line till now. South beach was probably the most enjoyable food selections. I think my biggest issue is planning ahead, especially if you want some of the recipes suggested. It is similar to zone and others with 3 meals and small snacks, lean proteins, whole grains and no refined carbs. I just find weight watchers easier with the points system. I try to pick foods in the core plan which are the lean meats and whole grains. I thinks when it comes down to it alot of these are the same with different variations, just depends what fits yourlife style. I have taken recipes from my zone, south beach and weight watchers book. Hey, the ricotta dessert on South Beach is pretty good. Best to you and all of us on this journey. I have 2 points left tonight and am going to have 4oz of wine. Not much and thats a good thing.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

IAD, LOL!!!! I swear I'll weigh myself in the morning when I get up, take a dump, and then weigh myself again to see if it made a difference. LOL
                        Goal 1: Today
                        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Ditto.....and then I run around the house and do burn outs like my dog after her takes a dump.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

WOW how busy is this thread ........

I'm going to search the south beach diet .......

Good luck to everybody .......

BB xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

I just bought these e-books on ebay .......

Lose Weight Now - Diets for Everyone in 24 E-Books on eBay, also, How-To Guides, Information Products, Everything Else (end time 05-May-08 16:31:51 BST)

Looks like a bargain ......

BB xx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Don't know if this will work but here is the link that they sent me, it has the south beach diet plus many more .......

http://www.inthepurple.co.uk/16564947_Diet.zip

BB xx
                                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                                X