Weight loss - Starting weigh in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I debated all day about posting on here but I figure the things I've shared on these boards are a heck of a lot more personal and intimate than my weight and no one has made fun of me or been mean so . . .

I am at 227 today. I was 261 last November and have been losing in a fairly steady way with the South Beach. I am almost 5'8" and my goal is around 160 - we'll see how I feel and look when I get there.

lots of water and some exercise today. Tomorrow will be better.
    Member since January 2008
    AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

Tired, how amazing that you have lost that much. You should be proud!

Comment

weekly weigh in

Okay good idea. am 182 now and goal is 150. Oatflakes and juice maker out from today. Like others, lack of proper excercise and snacks are a lot to do with it Age too i guess - 55 and post menopause. But live in a lovely part of the city so walk to work and at least that is something. AF yesterday without too much trouble thanks to mwo. This is my second day and looking forward to it. Slept like a baby as well.

will see you diet goes and look forward to giving and getting hints..

:goodjob:

Comment

Who finds it hard to fit time for exercise in?

I get up for work by 6, take care of myself and the two children (one is 10 the other 35) then off to work....work all day, try to find time for walk but during my "down" times I want to sit and zone out...I am a teacher. Then after school meetings, or cello practice, or something, the time to cook for the kiddies again arrives. After dinner I become a vegetable and need a chin cup to catch my drool! I would use AL here to give me a pick up so I could get paper work done, but now that he is going out of the picture, I still find myself lethargic and tired. Chamomile tea doesn't help.
          I am on vaca this week and was able to get out for a walk by 7:30, but how do I make that a norm???? Is anyone else frustrated????

Comment

I get up at 5:30. I just need to stick with it. I start out with a bang and always slack after a few weeks. I do find I have more energy when I force myself to make time for it.

Comment

Hey y'all. I'm in. I'm 5'5", and this morning weighed 169. 1.5 months ago it was 163. I have been drinking more, and snacking more, and exercising less. NOT a good combo-and I know better than that

I am going to be using a south beach diet type thing-but am having an allone /protein smoothie for breakfast. I will have a good lunch, or another protein shake if busy (instead of a drive through on the way to work).

Evenings are my biggest problem. I nosh through the evening, and add a couple of glasses of wine, and it is a recipe for disaster. I get home after the rest of the family has eaten dinner most nights, and don't want to dirty things up again. So I snack. I need to plan ahead, and make it real.

I am also adding in a couple of miles of walking as often as possible, and riding my bike for errands.

Good luck to us all.
              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Amethyst, the first 2 weeks of South Beach forbid any alcohol! So that's two reasons to be on the diet, lose weight and no AL! I've been on it for 4 days and it's going good. I'm losing weight, but I'll wait until it's been a week to post a total.
                Marcie

Comment

How are all my fellow dieters doing? I'm still sticking to South Beach, it hasn't been too bad. Except when I'm starving for something a work, they have no carb free snacks in the vending machine, LOL. They did have nuts which are ok on this diet, but of course when I tried to buy that selection was out of order! Oh well.

We are having a breakfast pig out at work next week. That is perfect, someone is bringing scrambled eggs and I'm bringing sausages! Of course I can't eat the donuts or yummy cakes that I'm sure others will bring, but I'm ok with that. I can hardly wait for Saturday so I can see how much weight I've lost this week!
                  Marcie

Comment

A more days on it and you will rarely even be hungry. I took cheese sticks and almonds to work to keep on hand b/c our snack cupboard is a carbaholics paradise. I'm dying to weigh myself but I will not do it till Sun(maybe if I keep telling myself that I really will wait)

Comment

Hi everyone,

It's day 4 of the south beach diet for me also and 9 days AF and I'm feeling pretty bloody marvelous. I feel as though I've lost weight but I haven't weighed myself yet, gonna do that on Monday. I had my hair cut yesterday, 1st time in almost 18mths, Yep, haven't been looking after myself for a long time. I feel like a new person, my kids keep saying young mummy's back, brill eh? I've been keeping active doing long over due jobs inside the house and in the garden, spent 5hrs doing my front garden yesterday. My arms and legs are acheing today. I need to start some regular exercise though. I want to start with a 20min walk every day but I'm having trouble getting into it cause i'm getting caught up in all the jobs that need doing. I 'll get there though.

happy weight loss everyone
                      :h
                      AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                      There's fire in your eyes,
                      Bite me, excite me,
                      I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                      Brings eternal flame.
                      Open me to heaven,
                      To heal me again.

Comment

Isn't it amazing the things we let go when drinking? Gardening is pretty darn good exercise

Comment

I'm glad everyone is doing so well. I am struggling. I did South Beach and was AF for almost 90 days with no problem - no cheating - no stress no cravings. Then I indulged on my anniversary weekend - wine, champagne, the first potato and bread I'd had. I tried to get back in the groove after that and I am really struggling - two to three weeks now.

I went back on campral to try to help with the Al cravings and the sugar cravings. I need to get back in my groove because I still have a long way to go weight-wise and Al needs to go away forever.

I'm glad this board is here and y'all are on southbeach too - it really does work well with being AF. Get in the zone and stay there!
                          Member since January 2008
                          AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

Wow - you gals are inspiring me!

I don't know WTF is going on with me - but I am eating more than ever!! Snacking at work is at an all time high this week. May be PMS, and it may be cuz I quit smoking. I think I gained some gut this week - dammit!!

I'm so frustrated. Why do I let myself grab for anything within reach to stuff in my face? (and there's lots to stuff at the office, I'm in the food biz and we have a closet full of food samples ---GGGRRRR)
                            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
                            X