Any Treadmills Out There ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i had circuit training this morning and i have also done 105 mins of walking today.

hey cool LVT on stopping smoking, i got my chamtix this afternoon so i will be starting them tomorrow. so in 2 week i will be same as u.

on the thread for no smoking not sure where it should go? any ideas?

Comment

Way to go Barebones :goodjob: . That sounds like a great walk. I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill (1.5 miles). The toes didn't cramp up today . Feels good. I'm looking forward to making this a healthy habit.

Miso :heart:

Comment

1/2 hour at work walking and 1/2 on the elliptical so far today.

Comment

I've been babysitting all day for a friend, now he's gone home and I'm off for my walk--could put it off, but it's just toooooo nice outside!

Barebones--I guess here (fitness forum) for the non-smoking thread what do you think?
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I'm so sad. My doctor had to cancel my appointment for Friday; I was hoping she would put me on the Chantix. I can't get in until the end of May. She wanted to wait until I had a full physical before she prescribed it to me. I left a message to please do it anyway. It's not my fault she can't see me.
            I don't have a treadmill, but I just bought an exercise bike. The room I put it in was under construction, so I would only put in 10 minutes at a time (boring). I just finished yesterday, and with a TV in place, I am hoping to do more time while I watch some shows on the tube.
            Goal 1: Today
            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Hey Dolly,
              Wow, walking AND the elliptical both!! That's great !!

LVT25 Hope you enjoyed your walk.

lukalee I watch the tube while I'm on the treadmill too. It sure helps pass the time.

I'm also looking forward to the stress reduction that comes from exercising.

Comment

LVT sounds good to me being here, who wants to open it? u or cindi, or me?

Comment

It goes by MUCH fater watching TV. I want in on the smoking thread too. Come hell or high water I am going to get my ducks in a row this year and get a healthy body back!

Comment

Good morning--I will start the "quit smoking" thread when I get home later if you want. Might get more response if someone else does it though!!
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

u doing it should be fine, anyway its about us who is going to give up and we can encourage each other and the likes ourselves. if others joined in to help us that is a bonus so look forward in seeing the thread later.

today walking well it aint much today as its crap weather so nothing really to report.

Comment

Y'all aren't jumping ship on me, are you? :H No problem, if you want to start a stop smoking thread. I think that's great. I hear that's a monster to tackle too. I wish you all the strength you will need. There seems to be quite a few that have tackled both (AL and cigs) so you should get a lot of helpful information. Good luck and please check in here too.

I got back on the treadmill again today. I went a little longer 36 minutes and 1.7 miles. I cut the speed down towards the end to slow down my pace (and heart :H) as I was starting to feel it in one of my knees. I don't want to hurt myself so that I can't do this at all.

Anyway, I'm feeling good for sticking to my commitment. Dolly, I'm with you about wanting to get your health back. Come hell or high water, we will do this!!!! :h

Comment

I'm still here!

Miso;310982 wrote: Y'all aren't jumping ship on me, are you?
                          Now you got me feeling guilty! LOL
                          Our weather has finally turned to spring & I have been out doing yard work. It seems like everything...house..yard...business... all wants to take up my time. I haven't gotten up on the Nordictrack yet... and that's why I haven't posted. I had some minor surgery recently, so I want to be careful with my first attempts to getting back to my normal routine...but I promise...within this next week, I will start!

I think a smoking thread would be great! There are a lot of similarities to the addictions & the tools we use to quit one, can be used to help quit with the other. In my own case, the determination & fortitude I put into my smoking quit gave me the strength to realize that I could do anything I put my mind to... which led me to decide to quit drinking.
                          For anyone attempting to quit smoking..knowledge is power... get your hands on all the information you can on quitting, and learn not only what smoking does to us, but what to expect when we quit. Becoming educated on all of this, made the world of difference this last time I quit. I know for a fact that I will never smoke again, and it is due to the fact that I armed myself with good information, a great support group, and a solemn pledge of N.O.P.E (Not One Puff Ever).
                          AF 6 years
                          NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

hay miso! ofcause we aint jumping ship! i will still be sticking here aswell. as u know when we give up smoking we will need to find other things to do, so there might be alot of walking lol.

it was raining here today so really couldnt walk much with my dog.so hey ho.

see u all tomorrow.

Comment

Hey "MsGuided", glad to see you. You are right about not pushing it too soon after surgery. Will see you soon.

Hey Barebones. Glad you are sticking around too :h. Sorry to hear about the rain. Rain or no rain, I would LOVE to see Scotland (and Ireland - I'm of Scottish-Irish heritage).

See you tomorrow.

Comment

mg You guys! I am SO out of shape. Walked maybe a little over a mile last evening, uphill and down granted---MY BUTTOCKS ARE SO SORE!! So are my thighs, and legs.....:upset:
                                I've got to keep doing this, cuz those are the areas that need the most work!!!:H

Comment

Working...
                                X