Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2M,
    I bet we'll pick up more takers as the day wears on. The patches must be working because I feel better than last time I tried to quit! KriggenBotton
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Im listening. okay and getting inspired.
      Just so you know .

(OMG Kriger - AWESOME)

Comment

deal.

(and thanx :upset

Comment

I am on Day 3 so you know what that means.....30 days here I come!!! We need to pm each other when necessary. I am drinking pots of coffee....I crave coffee now!
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

O2M and WW,
            Don't you just LOVE my little stalking skeleton?!?

Comment

Oh yes. I've been admiring it Krigs. A beauty!

Comment

Okay, I am here to cheer and inspire!! :yougo:

A. It is not true that you have to gain weight when you quit smoking. I've lost about 10 pounds even though I substituted beer calories for M&M calories!!:H

B. I can't begin to tell you how much better you will smell! Ciggies stink--ever noticed?? your clothes and hair and skin will thank you! :eeew:

C. You won't believe how nice it is to wake up without that camel shit taste in your mouth every morning! :crap:

D. Without all those poisons in you system you will have renewed energy.:dancin:

If this is your first time quitting, I'm not a big fan of cold turkey. Two books I read were The Easy Way to Quit Smoking and How to Quit Smoking even if You don't want to. I also used some hypnosis cd's, subliminals and positive affirmations. I'm not there yet, but I'm doing way better than the other times I tried to quit. (Without any tools, cold turkey, very little support)

I know if you all stick together and help each other through it you can do it!! It is so worth it!!!:h
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Thanks for the list, LVT!
                  I am finding that the patch is keeping my appetite down; so far I'm not grabbing everything in sight to eat!
                  I am doing gum too and I just read on a website that I am supposed to chew to break it down then put it in between teeth and gums and just let it sit there. That is hard to do; I want to keep chewing!

Comment

Oney, PM me with that book. Is it Marbella's ? I CAN'T gain any weight!!!

Comment

O2M, You did send it to me in August; I just found it.

Comment

Long Term Quitter

I quit smoking 20 years ago and really never looked back. I was at 1 pack per day and 2 on nights I was going out to clubs and drinking. I quit by going to a 4 week smoking cessation program and by using nicotine gum. The first month was the hardest...didn't see/feel any benefits to quitting. In fact, I felt lousy and gained weight. Then I gradually felt better and started exercising like a mad woman (lost all of the weight I gained too). Now I am one of those obnoxious ex-smokers who cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke.
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

MO3,
                          I quit 18 years ago and never looked back until one day a year and a half ago when I smoked a cigarette (after a big drinking night). I went quickly up to a pack a day until 10/13. I think that will help me in my quit because I only smoked a year and a half out of the last 18 years. I DO remember being smoke free. I feel pretty confident this time, for some reason. Kriger

Comment

CRAP!!

Right, well here I am... ready to be inspired to say NO to my twaks!

I feel a bit like I first felt when I joined MWO, OMG, I can't give up booze... well I have and this is the next vice to tackle.

I am interested in the meds that people are using, i definetly will NEED something to stop me from climbing the walls.

Thanks for bumping up the thread!
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Kriger, Glad to hear that you are back at it! You know how to do it so that's a big plus. I'm curious to know if the new aids that weren't around 18 - 20 years ago are helpful such as the patch.

Also, to all that are quitting. Know that there are not often very immediate postives when you first quit...metabolism can slow down, appetite increases, etc. But, it does get better and you will find that you have so much more energy than you ever had before.

Good Luck to all
                              M03
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!
                              :lilheart:

Comment

Can I please just say that I feel totally disgusting right now from smoking. My throat is dry. Me and this room both stink. I feel gross. I just lit one and it tasted worse than garbage.
                                I wish they would just disappear and never come back.
                                ww

Comment

Working...
                                X