Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww, damn, y'all, I know it's hard. I quit the things a long time ago, thank God. WW, let your disgust fuel the quit, OK? You can do it, of COURSE you can. MAKE them disappear. Get them out of your house! And your car, your office, wherever you smoke the things! Hell, it is getting harder and harder to smoke in public, I don't know how y'all are even doing it anyhow, poor pitiful people huddled outside office doors and restaurant doors in the cold...

I'm proud of every one of you who is quitting. You will be SO glad to get them out of your life and your lungs.

wip

Comment

This thread has a very good sucess rate. It seems like quite a few of us who were on here before in the early days of giving up have been sucessful. I did it with champix myself so if anyone wants any info on that I am the resident expert and no they are not paying me commission! Personally I found not smoking made it so much easier not to drink. Now if only I could something about my cross addiction to carrot cake....
      BH

Comment

BH,
        I was just thinking about going to the store to buy carrot cake....funny you should mention that!
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

I caved on day 6 everyone....just so you know!!!! I am disgusted! Tomorrow is another quit date for me. I am not going to stop trying on this for all the reasons stated previously in the many posts above and in the past. It is truly a gross habit and needs extinguishing ( pun intended)! I can sit and watch my hubby drink beer all night long but when he lights up a cigarette it just about levels me. I can only take so many walks! Oh well, I need to work this out for myself. The patch was working quite well for me so I'll get some more (I only had three last week). Good Luck everyone! Krigs
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Kriger--

I would NEVER have been able to quit if my hubby smoked!! Can you ask him to smoke outside???? Would that help? There have been times when it would have been dangerous for me to be within 100 yards of a cigarette, let alone in my own home!!:H

Hang in there!!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ALMOST ready :H
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

me too! (:upset

Comment

When I stopped smoking I got fake nails - the posh spice french polish type (not a good look on a 46 year old granny but who cares) - it was my reward to myself for not smoking and as practically all my friends smoke the nails came in very useful in the first couple of NF weeks when I practically chewed the shaggin things off when I was in those smoker friends company. So my recommendation is champix and fake nails and that'll sort out all the smokers.
                  BH

Comment

Day 1 for me tomorrow.........I am sooooooooo f***ing sick of saying I`ll stop and never doing it. Have made ridiculously brief attempts at quitting before. In all of 26 years........I have not gone a full 24 hrs without a fag........even had a fag on waking after day surgery despite having a temperature and blinding headache.

No more!!!! I am finally sick of it........NO MORE EXCUSES.

I shall be a non-smoker as of tomorrow morning. I`m just going to tell myself that I`m enjoying not smoking. I am not weak........this time........failure is not an option.

Am no longer allowed to smoke A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E in house, so smoking is too inconvenient now.........am done with it.

Star x
                    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

SMOKING STINKS!!!!

Comment

WE ARE NON SMOKERS!!!!

Comment

I smoked for years and then one day I just quit and never had the craving again. That was about 4 years ago. Don't know really why or how, but it is totally possible!!! Well, I guess watching my mom in utter pain and despair suffering from COPD due to smoking may have had an impact - ya think! Do what you can to quit. It's an ugly, painful end to life if you keep smoking.

Comment

I socially smoked in Highschool and college... I smoked more when drinking and for some weird reason I never got hooked. Is that normal? I don't get why I didn't get addicted.
                              It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

Bump for LTG and others!

Comment

Working...
                                X