Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aww LVT im sry u had very bad weather, and really good on not taking a smoke. your doing great!

only 3 days till quit day

take care speak soon xx

Comment

Good luck to all that have quit or are gaining the drive to quit. I am on day 5 of no ciggies (or al) and I am feeling pretty darn good! Food is starting to taste better with the exception of coffee and garlic - both pretty powerful at the moment. My wheezing is gone.

I have been avidly washing all coats, and anything else that had been exposed to ciggies.

I have attempted a couple of times in the past year. Didn't get very far. VERY determined to do it this time.

Comment

very well done! goo luck on ur journey.

i will be joining u in couple of days. my day is monday.

Comment

hey all

hello ex smokers and others....i am a smoker with a desire to quit....
          I wanted to share something with you all. My boyfriend (non smoker) made me watch it. This song has been in my head lately and it really makes me not want to smoke. Hope you like!

[ame= ]YouTube - You don't always die from tobacco.[/ame]

Comment

oh that is scary stuff. So glad I am not smoking any more - day 26 Al and nico free today. I have a friend who got throat cancer about 2 years ago went through the whole chemo thing. Had surgery on his throat and couldnt speak or eat except liquids for 6 months. He was ok for a while but is now hospitalised full time and cannot speak or eat and is basically dying slowly. He is 53 and was a heavy smoker all his life. For some reason we dont think it can happen to us but it sure can.
            BH

Comment

Coming to the end of day 6 free, of both, alcohol and ciggies! Feeling sooo great and strong. It helped today was a beautiful day and was outside to enjoy most of it.

I bet you are getting excited Barebones! We will be here to spur you on!

Keep on going the rest of you. It is a great feeling to be rid of these evils!

Comment

hey all, yes i bet u do feel great and that accountable, i felt like that when i came off AL.

oh and yep im excited, problem is ive been a bit low past couple of days, but im sure i will be fine for monday. so only 1 day to go.

all the best everyone, keep it up.

Comment

Sorry you are feeling a bit low barebones. Maybe a nice brisk walk to pep you up a bit? I don't want to pry but if there is something we can 'help' you with?

We will be here to support you in every way possible come Monday!

Comment

Here's one to get you started barebones.

[ame= ]YouTube - Quit Smoking Advice[/ame]
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

You sound great Accountable! Keep going!! May 1, will be 60 days NF for me!!
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

well todays the day, i binned everything last night that was associated with smoking, i have stickies note paper to post around the place to remind me what im doing.

so woot day 1 and 22 min into it and im having my cup of tea and reading my forums.

oh and congrats lvt on the 60 days to come, i will be 60 days AF so i hope to have the NF days ahead of me.

take care all talk to u later

Comment

You can do it barebones!!!

Comment

Great going being NF there LV! I can't wait to be 60 days ;-)

You can do this barebones!!!

Day 7 and feeling great!!! Have a bit more energy and some restless energy. My house is definitely becoming immaculate having all of this 'free' time!

Keep it going everyone!

Comment

thanks everyone, i hope u are all doing great this morning.

1 day, 7 hours, 40 minutes and 13 seconds smoke free.

46 cigarettes not smoked.
                              ?8.65 and 8 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 4/28/2008

Comment

You go barebones. I am still on the champix with no side effects and no smoking coming up to day 30 tomorrow! I am pretty sure I have it beat now. Will be keeping an eye out for you on your NF journey. Best of luck. Think how good it will be to be a non drinker and a non smoker..... sainthood after that no doubt...
                                BH

Comment

Working...
                                X