Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome beaches, booze bag pretty much said it. im on the patches and inhalor and this time around it is working.

I have been quit for 4 Days, 7 hours, 2 minutes and 39 seconds (4 days). I have saved ?42.50 by not smoking 171 cigarettes. I have saved 14 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

Good morning and Hello Beaches :welcome:

I'm behind as usual this morning, but if you start at the top of this thread you should see what all I used to help me quit. I think it's really important to be educated about the addiction or habit and really prepare yourself to quit. I highly recommend Allen Carr's book. I also used hypnotherapy and subliminal cd's. And I had to quit drinking beer, because that is the only time I smoked. That's how I found this place, and I started at Quitnet.com, but like this forum so much better! There are more health risks to smokers that drink!

Keep coming back here, ok?
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

morning all, i hope u are all doing well. its my first weekend as a no smoker and i think its great.
        good luck to everyone else. xx

have been quit for 5 Days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 34 seconds (5 days). I have saved ?52.65 by not smoking 212 cigarettes. I have saved 17 hours and 40 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

Barebones--I love your attitude!! (do you feel better yet?)
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

A little quit smoking humor to start your NF free week!!

[ame= ]YouTube - Quit Smoking[/ame]

Our legislation passed a smoking ban starting next summer. I think it's communism, I feel for the businesses such as bars, etc. But I'm glad I don't have to stress out about not being able to light up when and where I want to!

Comment

Whoo hoo! Day 14 for me Al and Ciggie free. I am certainly feeling really good and in control.

Keep on going everyone!

Comment

well done accountable!
                keep going girl

I have been quit for 1 Week, 1 Day, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 54 seconds (8 days). I have saved ?82.07 by not smoking 331 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 3 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

YOU GUYS ROCK--KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

Comment

How is everyone doing in here? I am still going strong. Day 17 here no AL or ciggies!

Comment

Hello everyone! Great job accountable! Barebones, where are u?

I've been here for over 2 months and i just now checked out the "Research" forum. Talk about tons of info!
                      Anyway, there's a good thread there with an interesting link about alcohol and nicotine. If you have time, check it out!

Comment

hi ya both, well done acountable, u go girl.

I have been quit for 1 Week, 4 Days, 6 hours, 45 minutes and 39 seconds (11 days). I have saved ?111.68 by not smoking 451 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 13 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

and i am 70 days AF

speak to u both soon, keep at it.

Comment

Whoooooo Hoooooo barebones! You are trucking right along! AF for 70 days as well!!!!! Congrats with that!!!!!! :goodjob:

Comment

thanks accountable, i wont be around this weekend, im off to a AA convention. so i will report how i got on with no smoking on monday. so monday i would of past the 14 day mark.

speak to u both soon, take care, and keep going.

Comment

Hi all
                              I have must be about 40 days or so NF and I am pretty sure I will never smoke again. I have also come off the champix now too as I think I have broken the bing drinking/smoking pattern and although I personally didnt really experience any side effects it was a bit worrying all the bad press. I would definitely go back on it again if I felt any urges to drink/smoke and it was truly a miracle drug for me. As for the alcohol for some reason my brain does not really crave it now compared with before when I would be gagging for both drink and fags every 3/4 days. I have come to the conclusions that because my brain was used to the double whammy of nicotene and alcohol at the same time in a massive dose "it" (my brain that is) is now saying well %#$@ you there isnt much point in drinking if you wont give us any cigs! I am starting to think that I am actually lucky I was a binge drinker/smoker as it seems if one goes so does the other. I could be wrong of course (wouldnt be the first time!) but who cares for now I am not smoking and have no desire to drink either so its all good.
                              Well done every one else too.
                              Looking forward to keeping up with your progress. BB do tell us all about the AA conference.
                              BH

Comment

WOW! boozehag - that is SOOOOO great!!!! Sounds like you are well on your way! I love this thread because of the success each of you are having, and sounding pretty darn good along the way. It keep me in check - and motivated to keep on going! :goodjob:

barbones, let us know how your conference went when you get back. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I am dying to meet other soberites so I can go out and do things with people that don't drink. Only because I know I am weak, and don't have the self confidence yet to abstain around others drinking.

Have a good one everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X