Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have found an exercise that I'll actually do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycle!

I've got one of the big trampolines for the kids (with the net around for saftey) can I use that with the same effect. Does it count if I am jumping and holding a 2 yr old in arms at the same time?
    I am serious, cause my kids would love it if I did this and well I would have added incentive to get up there with them!
    Chicken

Comment

C#3 I think so. I was so out of shape when I started, all I could do was gently bounce for five minutes or so. I'm able to actually jump (so my feet leave the tramp) for about 2 - 2.5 minutes per session now.

Be careful when jumping on the tramp so that you have enough ankle support though. I'm not an expert on these things but I understand that if the mat gives too much flexibility you have the danger of hurting your ankles or knees.

However, nothing beats having fun with the kids! Do it for that reason alone and I'm sure you will see a great benefit!
      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hey Cyclefan,
        I alctually rolled my mini-tramp out this week, in front of the basement TV for 15 min of gentle bouncing. Most of my joints are pretty arthritic, so that's as rigorous as this exercise will get for me. Indoors I already have a bike (the kind with arm movements) that I sometimes use in cold months, but the bouncing adds variety. Thanks for the thought!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I am told that even gentle bouncing will activate the lymphatic system Sunbeam and that alone is a great benefit on the mini-tramp. The book I have on this says that mini-tramps are often used in nursing homes to get exercise for people who have limited mobility, so it sounds like it will be good for your arthritic joints. Plus, isn't it great to be able to do something gentle and still get a benefit?
          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

I'm just waiting for IAD to post a picture in reference to 'mini tramps'
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator;708055 wrote: I'm just waiting for IAD to post a picture in reference to 'mini tramps'
              Oh dear! LOL

Comment

Determinator;708055 wrote: I'm just waiting for IAD to post a picture in reference to 'mini tramps'
                Are some of those ladies in the first part of the Wizard of Oz not so wholesome? Adult life's just too much for me I guess!

Cyclefan, I found a little trampoline at my mom's old house the other day, just kind of bounced lightly with knees bent, and felt quite a difference in my lower ab muscles, especially when I worked my horse yesterday (as opposed to him working me). I wasn't even sure what a rebounder was. Great little exercise device!

Oh, yeah, I thought you were a serious cyclist as well, but then I love watching motocross and car racing and have no desire to attempt either! :H
                ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                X