Weight loss after menopause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140 this morning. I need to stay on the plan, be aware of when I'm either not exercising and not eating as well. That's why I need to remember to weigh in on Monday - last week I totally forgot!
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

138# today. I'm still here! It's getting nice finally and with daylight saving no excuses not to at least walk. Have a great week everyone!
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Dancelot,
        I'm still at 138# also. Maintaining is better than gaining. The snow pack has just melted; soon I will be able to ride my bike to work and other places. The added activity will help me go down, but I also need to conquor those evening munchies. That has always been my downfall.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm posting a day early because I saw 136# on the scale today. I've been out working in the yeard all weekend; today I am digging up sod, not exactly light gardening. I realized this week that my evening muching was mostly way too many honey roasted peanuts, which my husband started buying because they are good and have fewer calories - that would be if you eat the same amount, which I certainly was not. So I am back to my snack mix of almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries and toasted soy nuts. Very healthy, and not so tasty that I eat too much.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

139 on Monday. Though I was 137-138 on Sunday, and didn't weigh myself today. Patience, patience.....

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I am 136 again this week. I am maintaining more than losing, though I would still like to drop a few more pounds. My BMI is in the normal category now, whereas it was just into the over-weight range when we started posting here.

Comment

138 today - which is good because I've been fluctuating up more than down this last week, and was 140 yesterday - no wonder I forgot to post!.

Have a good week, everyone! :h

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

135-136 today - and it's real - it was 136 all last week and 135 yesterday. Whoo-Hoo! I'm the same as you Sunbeam in the BMI - 135 is the highest weight to be in the good range.

I got back into exercising every day (important since I spend way to much time on this computer) last week and keeping up with the food/calorie diary thing. I also started looking more closer at sugar grams intake - they updated the food diary thing I use where that's more obvious, so I'm looking more closely at that. Overall, I'm pretty good about about that, but maybe not as good as I thought! Interesting though, if I watch it throughout the day, I'm less likely to snack on anything later. Also I don't crave as much caffeine (coffee and lots of milk - which has a fair amount of sugar grams - when you use as much as I do!). So was it the caffeine or the milk sugar I wanted?

Slowly but surely..... Have a great week everyone! :h

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Still 136 today. I was on vacation last week, so I'm happy with that. Back to the routines this week.

Comment

Ladies, once you are on Topamax, it's all over. I lost 4 pounds in one week. I'm now 5' 8" and 122. Not the biggest person on the face of the earth. I lift free weights, so there's plenty of muscle there.

Comment

Hi Everyone!! What happened to this thread? Has summer gotten in the way? :H

I'd like to start it up again if that is OK.

I'm 53.5 yo and on Monday weighed 163. I'm only 5'2"!! Tomorrow I start Weight Watchers for the 5th time. I've been AF for 90 days and although I think I lost about 7 lbs right at the beginning, I gained it all back and then some. My chem profile, esp. the sugar numbers did not come back very nice at all from my doc's visit last week so it's time to take drastic action. I'm also reading the Sonoma Diet book. Interesting, not sure I can go without fruit for 10 days. What the heck would I use for my All One smoothies?

One of the reasons I have not been successful on Weight Watchers is that I was never willing to give up the AL or at least have just one glass of wine and include it in my total points. My points on paper always looked great but no one could understand why I wasn't losing weight. Well, when you drink 5 -6 or more glasses of wine a night, the whole point system goes out the window, now doesn't it??!!

So, tomorrow it's a fresh start. Hope you all will join me!!
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi Papmom I'm up for it. I have been trying to diet for over 3 years and never lasted the course. Just to give you an idea I have on my bookshelf at home

Dr Atkins
                          Low GI
                          Low Fat Cookery Rosemary Connolley
                          You are What you Eat - Gillian McKeith
                          Erica White's beat Candida
                          Paul McKenna - Lose weight and eat what you like!!
                          Carol Vordemans Detox
                          Carol Vordemans 2nd Edition
                          Slimming World
                          Weightwatchers

And to top it all I have not lost a blooming 1lb :H:H:H

Not sure what I weigh but at a guess I would say I am between 168 - 174 and 5' 4"
                          Will get weighed correctly over the next few days and post.

Good luck with weightwatchers and I will have a look tonight through the many diets and let you know which one I go with

P x
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

i need to lose 14lb. im just under 5'3" and 140lb, since stopping drinking i have put on weight which is really annoying. i suppose i didnt eat when i had my head stuck in a bottle of wine. im getting a bit of exercise in, just dog walking, gardening and an occasional bike ride. im feeling i have a very blubby tummy which needs to go. this is the heaviest ive ever been and i dont like it. i know im not much overweight but i can really feel the extra weight im carrying around. i even bought some big squash it in knickers but i couldnt get in them... too flipping small, no wonder they squash it in. i just need to eat less and get a bit more active.. living in hope
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hi Friends,
                              Glad to see "my" thread re-surface. Read my post and article linked at the beginning if you haven't already, and are looking for ideas. You are welcome to find your own strategies, but personally I believe that all diets are bad (because they end) and losing permant weight has to include permanant lifestyle changes. Instead of counting calories, I eat as many fruits and vegetables as I can, every day. My best resources are the books Volumetrics and Mindless Eating. I lost 10 pounds with the support on this thread, and am SOOO grateful to Dancelot who hung in here with me the longest.

Comment

oops, just realized this is an after menopause thread. im 45 so not quite there yet.... something to look forward to
                                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                                X