Weight loss after menopause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Sunbeam! I'm kinda proud of myself!

I honestly hadn't thought of a goal, but 130 sounds pretty good right now - the last time I felt "skinny" I was at 128, and that was 5 years ago. I haven't been too near 130 in recent times. But I think it's a do-able and realistic goal. So, yeah, let's go for it - I'm actually 1 lb closer to that than I am to my original starting weight! :H

Hi, again, Betty! As long as you're keeping up your exercise, you're still ahead of where you started (as I've reminded myself on many a Monday morning weigh-in!). Long term lifestyle changes, right girls?

Have a great week, you two! :h
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

OK, 137.5, up 1/2# from last week. This is not a surprise. I log my weights at Calorie Counter, and I could see that my low weights were getting further away from the trend line, which represnts my true weight. My weight will be lower next week. The following week is Thanksgiving... 'nuff said.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Well, I'm 146 - but I have a nasty stomach flu to thank

Am back to my 5k training and doing well.

Mr Sweats promised to come to dance lessons with me (salsa, meringue etc.) If I got down to 140, he's looking a bit worried.....
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm also 137.5 this morning. Looks like we're still in sync, Sunbeam! :H

Betty, salsa and meringue lessons sound like too much fun! Hold the hubby to his promise, OK?

Have a great week, you two! :h
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Today I'm back at 137#. I'm still satisfied. I put on a pair of lower-waist pants this week, and boy were they sagging. The others are also looser than before, but it is more evident in this style. My extra pounds all have been on my belly.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm 136 today. I've been hovering in the 136 - 137 range all last week. Isn't that nice about the jeans getting baggy? If the belly fat disappears, I'm real happy . I actually had to buy a belt for one pair like that! We need to remember those nice baggy jeans as the holidays come up.

I'm going to do my best to keep Thanksgiving to one day only :H. That and make sure I keep my calorie and exercise log accurate, especially during the holidays - this gives me a great visual if I start to slack too much, and I'm more likely to get right back on track.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great week!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

The average of two weights on my scale is 137, so I'm going with that. I know the scale fluctuates, so that's my answer. I'm happy to be in the same place after a few days off my better eating plan. Now I'm back on it, and plan to continue indefinitely. What will differ after I reach my goal will be a the extras: a cookie here, a granola bar there. No more than one sweet thing per day, though right now my goal is once per week. I often don't meet that, with all those tempting things out there. I also might not get out of my chair as often in the future, for a "quick 100". For now, that is a fixture.

Comment

Today I'm 145 only 5lbs to go until I'm dancing

Have finally started to run outside instead of on the treadmill and I'm loving it!

Diet not fabulous but not shocking either....

Bets
                  x
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

138 today, up 2. But back to healthy eating - the pie's 90% gone! :H
                    Have a good week, you two! :h

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

HI I would like to join in but I'm afraid to weigh myself! Glad to see you girls slim down, and keep going towards your goals. My goal is 128. I would guess at the moment I'm around 140. Cardio cardio and more cardio to the rescue!
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Tulipe,
                        Welcome! More cardio didn't work for me. What is working seems to be frequent short bursts of exercise, and eating more frequently: a fruit, vegetable, nuts, yogurt or whole grain crackers at least every 4 hours. This all is in addition to my regular program of swimming twice weekly, strenthening and yoga twice weekly, walking and biking, so I'm pretty active. I was also eating pretty healthy, except for the evening munching. That has gotten better by eating hard sour candies - I think I mentioned that to you in another post. There is a link to a Web MD article I would recommend reading at the beginning of this thread. I hope you stay with us!

Comment

HI there,
                          short bursts of exercise sounds painful! I'm more of the start slow and taper off genre. Well, inspired by you I'm gonna try. Feeling my belly rolls and wishing they would disappear. Ugh it takes so much work! Yes I remember your advice on hard sour candies - but doesn't that rot your teeth? ANyway there's gotta be a solution.
                          Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                          AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Tulipe,
                            Yes, I expect you will need to find your own strategies. I kept a journal at CalorieCounters.com for several months, documenting each of the strategies I tried.

Comment

Today's number is 138 - but it was 136 yesterday... Those fluctuations continue to be puzzling. I will probably be content if I just maintain this month, but I'm still hoping for better, eating sensibly most of the time while enjoying the season.

Comment

Maintainging in December is not a bad goal. Most people pack it on, so by maintaining, you're starting ahead, right?
                                AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X