Weight loss after menopause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also believe yoga is a great part of our life balance. It has helped me tremendously -- I have to fit more time in to do it. Even if its just in my living room alone.

Comment

Hi everyone,
      Betty, glad to see you post your progress. Slow is the password on this thread, but I believe that slow loss will last longer.

Old Vine, I also incorporate yoga into my fitness routine.

Today I am sick, yesterday I was even worse, so I won't post my pitiful weight which will be higher next week. I have no food and not enough liquid in my body.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi, Sunbeam, Betty, Old Vine -

I'm still 138 today. Like you said Sunbeam, slow is the word. Again I look back to the start of this thread, and I am staying in this new weight range, not going back up. So having a months long log gives me a truer perspective. It's kind of like the Drinktracker - I don't actually need it, but it's a written down record of how far I've come.

Hope you feel better soon, Sunbeam. Have a great week everyone.
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I am going to a spin class tonight first time since 1/2 marathon Jan. 9th ugh, I need to get back into a regular exercise schedule instead of being a once a week warrior. I lost 8 pounds last week and then on the weekend put on 5 ugh, all I did was eat a little bit more and I confess I had two glasses of red wine on Sat. and one glass of vodka and fresca on Sunday -- could that little bit put 5 pounds back on? If so, then alcohol is worse than salt when it comes to water retention!!

Comment

Hi All,

Very pleased to be reporting 143 today. Only 4lb until I can don my dancing shoes! I'm still not being consistent though - I want my exercise to be a habit not a chore. I think it's helping that I'm on an AF stretch at the minute - but I'm really craving salty stuff, maybe because I'm sweating so much as I'm exercising outside - am truly living up to my 'Sweaty Bettiness'.

I've been offered a new position at work which will involve more days, but I think I'm ready for it, and I snack less when I'm working!

Sunbeam - I hope you feel better soon.

Old Vine - I think 3lbs in a week is great - be happy! I'm working up my courage to try a spin class - took me a year to try yoga, which I now love - but hopefully will get to spin soon!

Bets.
            x
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I will be away on vacation next week, so I'm posting today: 134.5 is my new low, down 10# from where I was when we started this thread in September. This most recent pound came off due to my stomach bug, but down is down, right?
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

WHOO -HOO SUNBEAM!!! If it weighs in, it's fair! Great job!
                ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I'm still 138.

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

136 # today - about time from the looks of the last few weeks! :H Have a great week everyone!

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hi Dancelot,
                      My scale said 136 today, 135 yesterday. I expected to be up a little becasue we were on vacation last week. I do plan to keep going steadily down. But congrats on those 2 pounds! Your posts have said you are happy to just maintain, but down is good too. I still would like to see 130 sometime in the next few months.

Comment

No loss this week, no surprise. My husband made this wonderful white chocolate bread pudding, with dried cherries, and I ate plenty. My plan continues to be gradual, some weeks will be like this. Dancelot, Betts and anyone else: I hope you are doing well.

Comment

142 - slow but steady. My new role at work (which is really stressing me out) involves lots of up and down stair action. Maybe that's what's doing it?

White Chocolate bread pudding? - Yum!

Bets.
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi, I too am not loosing much weight and am on day 15 AL free..I have been exercising, now up to 3-4 times a week..Ive lost maybe 5lbs. and it fluctuates up and down. I am 55yrs old and post menopausal, I unfortunately started periomenopause at 35ish..yes super early, its heridtary, I could never get pregnant, never had kids, had tons of tests, even artificial insemination, so I still have all my female parts other than one ovary removed when I was like 45ish due to a cyst..anyhow I am on hrt, just started it coupla a months ago...the hot flashes were out of control...I know that makes weight lose harder too...I just started reading the south beach diet book..sounds like a good diet, I did Atkins some years ago, it worked really well...this south beach sounds alot like Atkins but way healthier...I may give it a go...cuz Im 5'6 1/2" and 185lbs..5 yrs ago I was between 165 and 170 and thought that was FAT, well the way Im going is starting to scare me...would love to even be back at 170...I think ideally 150 would be fine., but for now think Ill shoot for 10lbs at a time...well I'll let ya know how it goes, Im gonna start this on Monday, get thru this wkend..stick to the no AL..and get real serious about the diet.
                            thanks for listening. sisley
                            :thanks::new::h

Comment

Hi Sisley,
                              I'm with you on Monday. Welcome! I've lost steam the past couple of weeks since I went on vacation. I'm not on a diet, just have a better eating plan. I think of it as something I call an anti-diet, or the opposite of a diet. My plan is to stay on the better eating plan for the rest of my life, just going off it for special occasions, vacations, holidays. A radio dietitian I like to listen to says that all diets are bad - because they end, and people go back to their old habits. Take the time to read the article at the beginning of this thread, it gave me a bit of new perspective.

Comment

OK friends, I'm at 137 this morning. I've found that when I go off my plan, I "gain" a couple of pounds though I'm not eating THAT many more calories. One of thos fluctuation things, I believe. Always keep trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X