Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants the MAGIC Diet???? It works!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Is this what you guys call effort?? Dear oh dear - I have had a cup of coffee so far and my flatmate is offering to cook us up some bacon and eggs
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

ive just been reading through this thread. im not actually doing it but curious. how can you eat things like cheese and bacon and stuff and lose weight. it certainly sounds like its working but i cant understand how.
        im a huge fan of popcorn. if you pop your own, not the packet stuff, i thinks its fine. just add a bit of seasoning. i found a site about popcorn and different things to add to make it yummy. unfortunately i tend to add butter to it so that heaps on the calories but i do still like it with just a bit of salt and pepper. good luck to you all
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Had a hotdog...well 2 frankfurters in a bun...but had no chips thoi and no coke..had water...
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi Spuddle,
            Basically it's a ketogenic diet based on the fact that it takes more energy to burn fat than it does to burn carbs. Also it is NOT fat which makes you fat - it is insulin. Insulin is not released by the body when you eat fat - only when you eat carbs. Any energy not used up from carbs is stored as body fat whereas energy from fat is not (unless you eat the fat with carbs, which means the fat does get stored as fat if you don't use the energy). It's to do with glycogen etc. That is a very basic, loose outline - if you want to know more google 'ketogenic diet' or Atkins or Harcombe.

My flatemate was too lazy to make bacon n eggs in the end, so I have just had a nice steak with tenderstem brocolli and green beans for lunch -YUM! Well done Oney, this is PROGRESS girl! Just DROP THE BUN and move away from the biscuits... ;-)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hey all!

Hope everyone meets their diet goals today! I didnt do so great yesterday, but am going to try to do better today! I have 10 pounds to lose, but I already lost around 15 doing the same diet you are all talking about. It does get easier once you get into the routine of it.

I have always hated counting calories. When you do this diet as long as you reach for the stuff you are supposed to, you lost weight, eat as much as you really want, and never count calories. I like that!!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Kimberley;920512 wrote: Hi Spuddle,
                Basically it's a ketogenic diet based on the fact that it takes more energy to burn fat than it does to burn carbs. Also it is NOT fat which makes you fat - it is insulin. Insulin is not released by the body when you eat fat - only when you eat carbs. Any energy not used up from carbs is stored as body fat whereas energy from fat is not (unless you eat the fat with carbs, which means the fat does get stored as fat if you don't use the energy). It's to do with glycogen etc. That is a very basic, loose outline - if you want to know more google 'ketogenic diet' or Atkins or Harcombe.

My flatemate was too lazy to make bacon n eggs in the end, so I have just had a nice steak with tenderstem brocolli and green beans for lunch -YUM! Well done Oney, this is PROGRESS girl! Just DROP THE BUN and move away from the biscuits... ;-)
                thanks, interesting stuff. one of the reasons why i dont diet (apart from just cutting back) is because im diabetic and inject insulin so this wouldnt apply for me. kinda makes sense that you are actually using energy to burn the fatty food. hope it works
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hya OverIt -care to confess? You can do it in light-coloured writing to make it less obvious. I have just had a nice treat of strawberries and cream - both allowed

Spuddle, you should really take a look at The Harcombe Diet designed by Zoe Harcombe. Her brother was an insulin-reliant diabetic, which is what first got her interested in the whole thing. In ye olden days before insulin injections were available diabetics had to eat a virtually carb-free diet to control their condition. It is therefore possible, as with Zoe's brother, to actually cut down on the amount of insulin you need to inject by cutting down on carbs.

However, if you are interested in doing this, you MUST consult and work with your doctor on this. But I would think (s)he should be supportive if your goal is losing weight and eating healthier foods. Worth a bit of research if you're interested and serious about shifting some pounds.

Recovery Videos

Comment

Had my ALLONE ina banana smoothie..I am a feckin healthy bleedin fecker..I am bloody glowing with vitality and wellness...

Ahe, er yeah..

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

ya still glowin Oney? I'm gonna have turkey and veg and carbfree spuds ok? just a teeny bit of mint choc when I got in from work (reeeely teeeeeny)
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Heya guys, I am feeling like a bit of a pig - despite only eating the good stuff. I only just managed to squidge into my denim shorts this afternoon to go to the supermarket. I stocked up on very healthy food - am even ditching the fruit for a week from now to get rid of the sugar cravings. Just salads, fish, meat and some dairy.

But when I got home, I found I had bought so much bleedin salad I couldn't fit it all in my space in the fridge. So even though I wasn't even very hungry, I decided to 'eat' some space into the fridge. Had some roast beef and half a cucumber. Shouldn't feel too bad by tomorrow as it shouldn't get stored as fat but right now I feel like me shorts are going to burst!

I really want to go out for a long walk but it's sooooooooooooooo humid and looks like it's about to rain at any moment. Argh! Maybe I will hula hoop for a bit to make myself feel better. Yes I am 30 and I still hula hoop - What of it?! (By the way, I hope the talk of hula hoops didn't bring on any crisp cravings...)

Recovery Videos

Comment

Well Kimbo, just had my turkey and green beans and courgettes and just a little spud, I couldn't live without spuds so I think I'm a failure (actually there was a little bit of stuffin with the turkey) but I'm not eating anythin at the moment!! Surely roast beef and loads a cucumber is really brilliant or am I missin somethin?
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Lmao..you had to EAT room in the fridge lol..Classic!!

I had roast potatoes, lamb chops, marrofats and carrots.

2 Mikado bickies

Where will I get an adult Hula hoop?

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I only ate about 10 toffees today
                              BUT I am about to have a quorn burger :H
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yeah Molly it is good stuff to eat, but I hate eating when I'm not hungry and eating more than I need - been doing that a lot and smoking more since stopping the al after my last horrendous binge.

It's a pain - I need to lose a stone really to be happy and fit into the clothes that I wore before I broke my blinkin ankle a couple of years back. I'm not really big but have never entirely lost the weight I put on from being bedbound for 6 months. I am missing half my wardrobe!!

Your dinner sounds pretty good! Never mind if you can't totally give stuff up - better to cut down than not to bother at all. I am not referring to anyone in particular here

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X