Ready to tackle weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in for needing to get on the weight loss wagon. I've gained 15 pounds since April because I let myself get on a downward spiral of drinking, eating and self-loathing. I'm only on day 7 AF and I've gone crazy this week replacing the Al with food and sweets. Ugh.

I also highly recommend Weightwatchers--group support (like here) and a realistic approach to diet and exercise.
    I agree that WW is great. I did it years ago in order to drop a few pounds for my wedding. Except back then I was always saving all my points for wine. : ) I imagine this time around it would feel like I could eat sooo much!

Comment

Wow, thanks everyone for joining me in my weight loss journey. I made it through another Friday AF woohoo....I am going to weigh myself every Wednesday and post my progress and be accountable to my MWO friends.

TTYl getting ready to tackle cleaning - that's a workout in itself...

Comment

Anon, many many moons ago I had black hair. These days I have blonde hair.......brown hair............red hair...........recently orange hair( that one was an accident:H:H)
        Peace, this was a great thread to start, I've been given heaps of great advice already! I avoid weighing myself any more than I have to. Always had weight issues growing up - I had an older sister with anorexia and a very slim small mother who adored us all, but did go on a bit about how some girls were 'such lovely small little slim things'. At 6ft tall I grew up feeling like an elephant, so weight is a bit of a minefield for me, will be dying to hear about all the pounds everyone else is loosing tho!!
        Am putting off doing my exercise bike, it's cold and dreary here today and I can't get motivated:sigh: I will......I promise I will (chinese take out tonight)
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello! Yes Pride, I did make Lifetime. And what that seemed to say to my pea brain was.....are you ready????.....EAT!!! Getting to goal weight really is only the beginning of the journey for a brain like mine.

Tay Tay, Your background sounds interesting. I know what you mean...like TOTALLY....about AL getting us off track. For me, I got off track in every possible area of life.

I am 5'9" and 29 (well, 52 but don't tell anyone) I feel my absolute hottest at about 145 - 148 and a size 8. But I found that is very very difficult for me to maintain and just not worth it. I've settled in at 153 as my WW goal weight which means to be "at goal" nekkid in the AM I need to be 150. I was 155 this AM. :egad: Time to get crackin' on the trackin'.

I work out a Curves 5X per week and really haul ass on the recovery boards (where many people miss an aeorbic opportunity on the circuit). My aerobic stamina has come an absolutely amazingly long way since I stopped drinking and started exercising. So for any of you just getting started on that part of your journey, stick with it. You will be amazed what you will be able to do without panting in the not too distant future.

It's the eating part that will probably always be my nemesis.

Have a fabulous day on on health related fronts everyone!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG, I'm very new to all this trying to get fit bit, so be gentle with me. Couple of questions 1/What is an 'aeorbic' opportunity? 2/What are the 'recovery boards'? 3/ How long would you work out each time?
            Molly

Comment

mollyka;962322 wrote: DG, I'm very new to all this trying to get fit bit, so be gentle with me. Couple of questions 1/What is an 'aeorbic' opportunity? 2/What are the 'recovery boards'? 3/ How long would you work out each time?
              Molly
              Let me see how close I can get to answering this for DG...Correct me if I am wrong Dog

An "aerobic opportunity" is any chance we have to get our heart pumping! Like really cleaning our house, raking our leaves, playing hard with the kiddos when maybe we would have sat it out or been more casual about it. Q2) I think Dog was talking about her "stations" at her workout gym. She probably keeps moving on the "recovery boards" when other catch their breath...I am guessing. Q3) How long do you work out each time? To answer that question tell me a bit about where you are starting from. I recomend gettgin at least 20mins at a time in...even if it is at a very slow pace to begin. (If you your Dr recomends less obviously you need to build from a shorter time up Remeber the FITT principle!!

Does that help at all??

As far as I go...I weighed in today and I weigh more then I thought. Sucks. Topa has made me not very hungry so that's good but I have a long way to go. I am dissapointed in myself. I have never let myself go like this. Just feeling down. I want to drink...

PS~Sorry, but I can't spell....never have been able to...
              TayTay

?KNOWING YOURSELF means being able to separate the true from the false in yourself - love from emotion, joy from sentiment, Will from desire.? ~Barry Long quotes

Comment

Happy Sunday everyone Only got 3mins so will be brief. No chocolate last night and def NO booze. Feel great off to a party at lunchtime with plenty of AL but I do not drink. off for a walk now with Mr Anon.

Comment

Nice one Anon - have a nice day!
                  Taytay, thanks for the answers. I've never been to a gym in my life. As I said before, I am 54, 158lbs, 6ft tall and generally quite fit. Very active job, walk fairly regularly, few times a week -briskly and approx 30 mins a time. Bought an exercise bike bout a month ago and have worked up to 20 mins a time now, I only do about 5.5 kilometers tho in that time and my recovery is now changed from 'very poor' to just 'poor'! So maybe I'm improving! Just feels discouraging tho cos I've never felt unfit except when I was drinking.
                  Molly

Comment

Good afternoon all,
                    Taytay, I understand how you are feeling, I have struggled the past weeks thinking "what the heck, just drink" but I am shifting that thinking to getting in the best shape of my life.

Going to the gym bright and early tomorrow .

Comment

Ribs sore this morning perhaps I have overdone the exercise. Did not eat chocolate last night and just had a bit of cake at babys birthday party.
                      After a good nights sleep and it is day 16 AF! I am going to try a 4 mile run and go to a Spinning class at the gym (spinning is cycling fast on a stationary bike).
                      I love being able to exercise without feeling crap from a hangover and also not having to run to the toilet as booze always affected my guts. That is another story.

Comment

Hey gang,
                        I signed up for this thread but have neglected posting. I want to post daily to encourage restraint in eating, and increased energy burning. I have not eaten ice cream from the carton all week, that is good. It wasn't a good energy burning day yesterday because I was mostly tied up doing sit-down things. I did spend and hour in the garden putting in what will be the last plants for this season. The bulbs will arrive in a couple of weeks, you can't have too many daffodils.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Happy Monday,

Checking in before getting ready for work.

Have a great day....oh ya Day 23 AF!!

Comment

Just checking in ...

After devouring 3/4ths of a giant cookie cake this weekend I am UP 3 pounds from when I went AF 9 days ago.:upset:

Today is the day I get my ass in gear. I know doing a lower carb diet works for me so today is the day I start back on that plan. I also plan to go for a 45 minute walk.

Sounds like the rest of you are doing well and making some good changes. :goodjob: Keep up the good work!

Comment

I'm posting now to carve it into my brain that I am DONE eating for today. I had a nice salad for dinner with some bites of sausage and two slices of toast. That's enough!
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good morning,

Went to the gym again this morning, getting back in the routine.

Eating is still a bit off. This too shall pass lol

Feeling awesomely AF,

Comment

Working...
                                X