Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to tackle weight loss

Hi Everyone-

Down 2 lbs at my WW weigh in last Friday. :yay: Didn't make it to the gym at all last week (though did do loads of walking) so that is my #1 goal this week, along with sticking to my points.

Stay strong!
    :h
    :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

I've been poking around the newbie posts, but this is the 1st time I've ventured into the fitness area. I have been sedentary since the end of June and feeling very guilty about it. AF for 4 days.....and I know working out after work is the way to keep my mind and hands off the wine.

I'm packed for the gym, so I'm in. I haven't been on the scale since June and really don't want to get on it for a couple weeks. My eating is pretty good but could be better. I know 500 cal/bottle of wine will help with the weight loss! Exercise has been my nemesis...I'm 48 and only been a consistent exerciser in the last 18 mos. I'm going to start the Couch 2 5K program (google, if interested) it gets you off the couch in 9 weeks you go from walking to jogging for 30 minutes.

Have a good Monday.
      :new:
      Started 9/24/2010...goal 30 days AF then a "wine sipper"

Back again 10/5/2013. Same goal.

Comment

Diet Coke,
        Welcome! This thread is a good place to bring together weight loss ideas, but you may want to add other online resources. I like Calorie Counters, a friend likes Daily Plate. This small group has kept me on target in the past, and will do so again. I really want to lose at least five pounds, just to feel and look better.

Enja, congrats on those two pounds. I love and feel sincere gratitude toward all in our Sober September group, but I just can't keep up with the individual details. I'm pretty busy, live a great life that is not focused on alcohol.

PeaceSeeking, I really did have an awsome weekend. I haven't camped in about 10 years, and it brought me great inner peace. The food was better than expected, but I didn't gain anything. The presentations I heard were way beyond my expectations. My husband and I have another camping trip planned starting this weekend, this time for a week. I just can't wait. It probably would be a good time for me to make it a week without sugar, since there won't be a lot of stuff waiting for me in the kitchen cupboard.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Made it through the day without any sugar and getting ready to enjoy a nice healthy dinner. Off to the gym tomorrow morning.

Welcome All,

Comment

Hello everyone. Good job on keeping active.
            I made it to the gym and did a walk-jog for 40 minutes. Tonight is a group weight workout. Anything to not go right home after work....or want to stop at my favorite Mexican restaurant for a glass of wine and chips.

Have a good day.

Comment

Didn't make it to the gym this morning, but will be there tomorrow for sure...It has been damp and rainy and my mood is affected by it BLAHHHHH. Despite that I do not feel like drinking at all, if anything the cravings are get fewer and farther between....

Off to finish making dinner, will check back tomorrow after my wonderful workout

Comment

Good morning,

Workout I did, wonderful NOT LOL, I am so tired this week and having a hard time dragging myself to the gym. I made it this morning and feel better for it.

Have a wonderful Wednesday..

Comment

Had a good weight/step workout last night. Legs/glutes a little sore.

Back for a walk jog tonight, during the "witching hour"

D

Comment

I have been digging outside most of the day. We are having a shed built, and the guy came over this morning. Now that I know where it will exactly be built, I had to get my plants out of the way. Just a few more to get back in the ground - whew! I wonder just how many calories I burned.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi I want to join guys.
                      I have been eating huge amounts of sugar the past few months and need to lose at least 6 pounds. I have been really good the past two days. I exercise in the morning for 20 minutes before I have breakfast.
                      I was told that exercising first thing in the morning burns more fat than the evening. I love boxing. Has anyone got any good boxercise dvds they can recommend?
                      Be strong-
                      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Happy Thursday all,

Didn't make it to the gym today - coming down with a cold .

Rebirth, you probably have tried already but the only boxing ones I have tried are Billy Banks'. I am struggling with the sugar cravings...

Comment

Skipped the gym last night. Grabbed a bite to eat at our favorite stop. Had 2 glasses of wine which to my pleasant surprise weren't that exciting

Back to the gym tonight. Legs are sore from Tuesday's class (damn squats & lunges).

Have a good day.
                          D

Comment

Diet coke- Oh I love your name. Thats another thing I am giving up. Drank diet coke like water. Changing that to sparkling water.

Peace i have never heard of Billy Banks but will him/her up. Just noticed that there are a few free exercise workouts on utube.

Day three of giving up the sugar. The weekend coming so this will be the toughie!
                            Be strong-
                            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Haven't been to the gym since Tuesday. Idk what's harder...trying to be AF or consistent gym visits. During the week at least, they go hand in hand.
                              Have a good weekend.
                              Dc

Comment

Have lost weight in spite of my sugar craving but am doing a lot of exercise.
                                So my conclusion is that drinking Alcohol is obviously more calorific than my chocs and-- Alcohol limited my energy for any decent exercise regime.
                                I must admit it is much easier to run without a hangover although it is still hard work.

Comment

Working...
                                X