Wt loss Exercise Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Yeah!!!! I have weighed in and have lost 1.2kgs in two weeks. Slow and steady wins the race. Hi there Sunny, you have a good wellrounded plan there, and yes I agree the approach needs to be long range, and life-long just as our fight with al will be. Saffy
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Well i did get to get in 2 miles of walking, thank goodness.. i was worried i wouldnt get to do anything.

Lost one pound. I have lost 8 now and have 26 to go !

Hi techie,
      Thank you for the encouragement. Right now this site is very important to me. It helps me thru each day.

HI Sapphire and Sunny ! !
      Keep up the excellent work !
      YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Collectively we are a bunch of happy loosers!
        Sunny

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Yesterday i biked for 5 miles. It was such a beautiful day ! ! I loved it...
          No pounds lost this morning, but NONE GAINED ! That is great for me cuz i kinda eat what i want on Sundays. Had homemade chocolate cake (tom selleck cake) and fried chicken. But i didnt over indulge.
          I may just rest today. My body is kinda cryin out for that.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

HI SUNNY ! I love that...We ARE a bunch of happy losers..lol

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hey Sapphire,

I need to look up how the kgs , km, and kilos compares to miles, pounds etc.. i am a bit ignorant on that stuff...lol

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hi Bratty, you are doing a fantastic job:goodjob:

Re conversion from imperial to metric, 1kg = 2.246LBS. 1 MILE = 1.609kms.

Had a rest yesterday and did very little, as my muscles felt like lead. Today I am going to the gym and plan to to 20mins Treadmill; 20mins crosstrainer; 20mins rower and 30mins of weight training. I train with fairly heavy weights once a week and light weights twice a week.
                Fairly intense day today so I will rest this afternoon and be strict with diet. I am starting to push myself a lot harder and it feels fabulous. Sleeping really well and my mood is upbeat and steady. My motto is: GO HARD OR GO HOME:H:H but that is my personal way of doing things and not for everyone. It has always been that way for me. Certain people thrive on intense training and I am one of them. I am just so happy that I am back at it again! Will check in tomorrow...have a good day Love Saffx
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Thanks for the info Sapphire. .
                  Now I can understand what you are talking aboiut...lol Gosh ! You really had a work out. I love it too, just have to make time for it. I have to quit putting other things before it. I need to get back into shape.

Today
                  Monday, October 18

I rode my bike 3 miles and worked out with weights for 20 minutes, did my abs..was gonna rest, but had a little energy, so i used it up.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Today I walked 3.8 miles. 1+ mile was on the stair stepper and 5 mins time was jogging. I burned over 500 calories. I try to burn about 500 calories/d at the gym

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Fantastic Sunny ! ! You just dont know how much i HATE the stair stepper, so i am impressed with a mile. I wont make it 30 seconds...lol....

I am off to get a bike ride in and hopefully a walk before work. I didnt lose a pound last night and am a bit discourage with my exercise and STARVING ! Hopefully the scales will show some progress in the morning.......

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Can I join in?

Basically I want to get back to fitness and loose about 10- kg (all alcohol and munchies caused)..so although I don't think I will ever be going as hard as you lot are, this is my plan...

Mondays....walk dog 1/2 hr (fast walk) in morning or arvo
                        Tuesdays....1hr Bellydancing class
                        Wednesday...Swordpractice for about 45 mins
                        Thursday...walk the dog
                        Friday....??day off??
                        Saturday...not sure/probably walk the dog
                        Sunday.... 2 hours swordfighting

In between that I try to do some oppurtunistic stuff, like taking the kids for a walk or pushing the stroller. Will let you know how I go, will weigh in tomorrow, but tonight was Bellydancing and I will be sore tomorrow......so it was a work out
                        Wish me luck folks and here's to reclaiming our health!!

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Welcome !

OH YES CHOOK ! ! :welcome:

SO happy to have you join us . We need you. We can encourage each other and keep active. Any kind of exercise is good. I am going to start walking my dog more. He and i will both love it.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

hmmm belly dancing. I love to dance, but have never tried that. I bet it is fun. There is nothing around this small town like that to do . Wish there was. I am thinking of joinin the YMCA for the winter..otherwise i am afraid i will sit on my bootie to keep warm...lol

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

I'm joining in, too! I ran 3 miles today and did 50 stair push-ups ( while holding in my stomach)- I want to lose 20 lbs- so this will help motivate me! Belly dancing should really be great exercise- I saw a woman on 'Ellen' yesterday doing pole dancing- supposed to really work all you core muscles- I don't have a pole so I'll stick to stair push-ups!
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

HI FLUFF ! !

Good to see you join us. Ahhh, i admire runners. I just cant seem to get motivated to run. Knees dont like it, and being a bit big chested.. they have a tendancy to come back up and smack me...lol.. guess i need a good sports bra !

Comment

Working...
                                X