• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52 Healthy Habits in 52 Weeks

Here's a great link for ideas of good habits to start you off:

100 Great Tips to Improve Your Life | LifeRemix
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tip - this list is amazing! I am planning on joining in too! am actually going AF and NF tomorrow (I am SO nervous) but this will help me enormously - all this stuff to concentrate on!! I am going to print out your list and start tomorrow with week 1 ! Thank you so much for starting this - it is wonderful!! I do need to add meditation to my list as that is one thing I MUST do daily and often think "Oh I'll do it later" and then later doesn't come. I never let myself meditate when I have been drinking so am hoping now I can really get back into it. It really makes me feel good - so here's hoping.

Oney - I am also going to print out your list too as I think they are really good too and put them on my noticeboard!

I am feeling so good about tomorrow and SO motivated! Wish me luck everyone - no, not luck - wrong word - just keep me in your prayers!

Hugs to you all,

Sun xx
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I love this thread, so many good ideas! I am really excited to try them all.

Sun, I bought a pack of mediation cards last week and they are excellent, there must be one for every feeling and situation and they are simple and easy todo, I am gonna start doing them today starting with the simple breathing one.

I am DELIGHTED about your decision to kick the fags and the booze..I personally think it is better doing the 2 together.Won't be easy but it CAN be done and you will feel like a new woman like I do...I am so excited for you!
        I am six months smoke free next Wed...I NEVER thought I could do it because I did the booze easy enough but the smoking for me , was much harder...so if I can do it ANYONE can...

Sending you strength and determination....

Oney x
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Ok yesterday I drank a litre of water, I know that is not enough but it is a HELL of a lot better than 2 cups of coffee in the morning and NO other liquids all day!! (very bad I know!).

I was weeing all day tho!! So will keep that one up..(the drinking water not the weeing...altho don't know if i can avoid it ..the weeing that it....)

Now today, I think I may start taking the supps gain, they are all sitting on my shelf gathering dust!! I am very bad at taking tabs on a regular basis so I will make a HUGE effort to take the time and make it a priority!

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I find that the tabs just seem to sit in me - or they feel as if they are sitting in me and I hate having to take them so I need to start the All-one again - I felt really good when I was taking that stuff. Oney - I redid my youngest's room when she moved out, into a yoga/meditation room - it is beautiful and I don't use it enough - I have no excuses and plan on going in there to do my 15 mins exercise (yoga) and my meditation. Today is my day - I have no worries about giving up the cigs - did it before when i gave up the AL so feel quite good about it. Maybe just a little twinge of worry - but I keep squashing it back down when it bubbles up!! I CAN AND WILL DO THIS.

Love this idea of all these things to do!!

hugs, sun x
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Yeah I feel shite when I take them too I have to be honest and the ALLOne makes me feel sick for a while too but I feel better in general when I take them...

I really envy your meditation room Sun..I bet it is really beautiful what a luxury..indulge yourself hon!! I find it very hard to do it here with all the ankle biters but I WILL make an effort!!

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

LET THE HAPPY GAMES BEGIN

Here?s a wonderful story about a little girl whose refusal to think anything negative changed an entire town; in this story, Pollyanna encourages people to stop seeing themselves as sick, alone or hopeless in any way. Even when things are hard, she teaches them to play the ?glad game,? a game where the person tries to find at least one thing to be glad about, no matter what difficulty they may be experiencing.

But Pollyanna had a point! As simplistic as it might sound, there?s no reason to ever engage in pessimism. No matter what difficult experience you?re faced with, pessimism doesn?t help the situation. It doesn?t change things for the better. It doesn?t empower you or anyone involved. And it certainly doesn?t create the kind of energetic environment that fosters miraculous and happy outcomes. In fact, no matter what the obstacle, it?s utterly self-defeating to engage in the energy of pessimism, precisely at the time you need a miracle most!

Only the energy of optimism and value can create the miracle you need at any given moment. You must assume the best, and you must search for something to value in your life, no matter what hardship you may be enduring. The ?glad game? is a way to find something of value, something that could be appreciated no matter what else is going on. This is a powerful decision at any time, for the choice to appreciate and acknowledge value always attracts more value. Of course, Pollyanna had no awareness of quantum physics. She just knew it made her feel better, and when she taught it to others, it made them feel better, too. Pessimism, on the other hand, only succeeds in making people feel worse.

Because optimism is emotionally beneficial, it?s also favorable energetically. Emotions charge your energy, and the excitement that comes from optimism pumps up the volume of your magnetic resonance more than almost any other emotion. So whether you decide to be optimistic because it makes you feel better, or because you finally realize that it?s necessary to change your energy, it doesn?t really matter. The magnetic consequences of your optimism will remain the same. When you choose to be optimistic, you radically change your electromagnetic field, bringing a brighter, happier light frequency to your world?and to the world of those around you

By Sandra Taylor.

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

What a great list Tip! Can you tell me your "recipe" for your daily lemon/cinnamon/honey concoction?

Good for you!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I hate the feeling I have this morning. Drank restaurant wine last night and it did not sit as well in my tummy as our homeade stuff. I feel queasy this morning. Still sticking to my daily list of must-do's but want so badly to add the "Do not drink alcohol" to the list. Trying to be patient with the process. One-2Many, you said you had an easy time giving up the alcohol; tell me a bit about that please... Need encouragement.
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Heat up a cup of water (boil or micro) add 1/2 tsp cinamon and a squeeze of half a lemon. Let sit for 10 minutes then add a tsp of non-pasteruized honey. You need to let it sit because boiling hot water will kill the good stuff in the honey. Drink slowly first thing in morning. Very good taste and very good for you (esp your liver)...
                      Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tip - sorry you aren't feeling very well - do you have any cider apple vinegar? try 2 Tbsp with 2 Tbsp honey mixed in with a tall glass of water - if you haven't had it before the taste does take some getting used to, but I love it and drink at least a couple of these daily. It is really good for you and might help the tummy.

I think I am going to try and do a spreadsheet tomorrow - never done one before but will have time to fill (no booze) so that would be a good thing to take my mind off it.

Need to go and get ready for work.

Have a great day everyone - think this idea is awesome and I went to the link too - that is also an amazing link!!

Hugs, Sun xx

Comment

Thanks again Tipp for the great ideas, and that link! That is awesome! I might take a little time and work up my own spread sheet as well!

Oney--you sound a lot like me. I haven't taken my supps in like forever and I totally gave up on the Allone because I just can't stomach the taste/texture. I have gotten away from an exercise routine, and I haven't even used my sauna in a year! I agree that giving up drinking and smoking together was the only way to go...for me anyway. But the only time I smoked was when I drank and vice versa--so it was a no brainer.

Sunshine--your yoga room sounds wonderful--enjoy!

Thanks for taking the time to start the thread.:thanks:
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Tipplerette;998127 wrote: I hate the feeling I have this morning. Drank restaurant wine last night and it did not sit as well in my tummy as our homeade stuff. I feel queasy this morning. Still sticking to my daily list of must-do's but want so badly to add the "Do not drink alcohol" to the list. Trying to be patient with the process. One-2Many, you said you had an easy time giving up the alcohol; tell me a bit about that please... Need encouragement.
                            Tip, one of these days you will probably be so sick of being sick with AL that you will just be ready to stop. I sure didn't have a hope of stopping until I was 100% ready. I think you are on a good path to make all the health improvements that are on your list. The healthier you get, the less AL will probably seem to "fit" into your mind and body. That's my theory anyway.

Tipplerette;998129 wrote:
                            Heat up a cup of water (boil or micro) add 1/2 tsp cinamon and a squeeze of half a lemon. Let sit for 10 minutes then add a tsp of non-pasteruized honey. You need to let it sit because boiling hot water will kill the good stuff in the honey. Drink slowly first thing in morning. Very good taste and very good for you (esp your liver)...
                            Thanks! I've been trying to add cinnamon to whatever I can. Never thought about adding it to lemon/honey. We are fortunate to have bees.

Oney, I like the pollyana post. My gratitude list is my friend, and lately I've been pulling it out a lot.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I have been AF since January. I cannot imagine being able to exercise and diet effectively if I were still drinking. Drinking is such a downer that my motivation while drinking was essentially non existent. IMO being abstinent is the first order of business. Your life will get SO much better so quickly that you will then be able to transfer that success into other successes. I have not seen it work the other way around. Best of all to you.
                              Sunny

Comment

I think you may be on to something Sunny. I am still good with the list and having great success with it but within the past few weeks I am embarrassed to say that I have been sick twice and lost my footing on the stairs once. This is a new dimension to my drinking so along with my 52 weeks of healthy habits I must add that I am on my second day AF... something inside me snapped as I recognized the latest new and exciting phase of my imminent descent into alcohol hell. Time to bail. Monday I start with the tea after dinner. Apple cider vinegar is something I may alternate with the lemon in my morning concoction. I know it's good for me... So glad to have you guys along for the ride. Did pretty well this weekend. A little short on the water, but danced (dead sober) last night for more than 15 minutes at a 40th birthday party. Let me know how you are doing.... Tips
                                Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X