52 Healthy Habits in 52 Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Tip on your 2nd AF day. You will find almost everything else goes more smoothly if you are not mixing it with Al. Alcohol dependence by its very nature gets worse over time and erodes into more and more of our best life. Do whatever you need to to stay AF and the other stuff will sort itself into the right order. I, myself, don't like to have quite so many rules to follow so I try to simplify into healthy principals. These, of course, boil down to actual habits and actions. I try to plan my healthy day (good food and lots of exercise) each morning and then see how well I do! (I throw up if I drink green tea! funny that I could down a quart of vodka but can't drink 8 oz of tea). That is something I can truly laugh at now.
    Sunny

Comment

Thanks Sunny, hope I can be as vigilant as you when it comes to AF. Just got back from dinner at my son's place and we had roast beef and all the fixings. Normally I would be eyeing the wine bottle as it was passed around ensuring I got my fair share but tonight I was not interested. If the whole process could be as easy as last night and tonight I would be very happy. One interesting thing I noticed though is that hubby, my son and his wife only had a glass and a half of wine and left some in the glass when dinner was over. Looking at the scene with sober eyes, I sadly noted that had I been drinking I would have topped my glass up a number of times while encouraging all to do the same. Sure was pleasant to hold my grandbaby and feel like a responsible caregiver and not the boozy granny bouncing the baby on my lap. Anyways back to the list. I do well with it so I plan on continuing to incorporate one good habit a week.

Come on gang !! Let's give each other suggestions - I came up with a new one.. Get up 1/2 hour earlier than usual. That is one that will make my day start alot better. Not doing that yet but it's been added to my list. Anyone try Chai Tea.. it's delicious in a spicy sort of way... if you like gingerbread, you would like chai tea. That's my tea for tommorrow. Have a great night. Tips
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Just tryin' out my new signature... testing, one two three testing.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

it is wonderful to celebrate the little and big successes along the way. They are the stepping stones and motivations to keep on track. I too used to eye the wine bottle and top off. I am a 58 year old woman but no grandkids yet. I am so glad you are seeing the possibilities here. I hope my grandchildren, if/when they come never have to know me as a drunk.
          Sunny

Comment

Mine is too tiny to notice but last night holding her with a glass water beside me looking into her grinning face and big curiuos eyes, I felt so connected and pure. Pure is the only word to describe the feeling of total, wonderous, love that I felt and I forever want to feel that without the hazy filter of alcohol. As a young woman I never drank and was the life of the party. Going to get that girl back !!!
            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

check out my new signature too Tip! good feeling eh? GO US !!!!

Love, Sun xx
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sitting here sipping tea. Feel great. Dinner is over and I met all my goals today. Thanks to all for your interest and support.
                Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Tip,

Thanks for starting this string (? is that the term?). I like it! I too go the deprivation route and usually rebel.
                  Today is day 1 (again) and I am having a cup of tea 1/2 hour into my witching hour. Hope it works. Would love to feel free of this dependency and craving...and would love to lose some weight.
                  I may join you or just "lurk" and see how you are doing.

Comment

Hi all, I am off to the grocery store for fruit and to the gym for a wonderful workout. Be well all. Congrats, Tip on all your recent progress. I think even tiny babies (and pets!) know when we are "all there".
                    sunny

Comment

Right, been VERY bad and neglecting this, so today is new day and I am gonna give it a serious go..
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Of Course you May join

Everybody is free to join.. the more the merrier. I keep thinking of new things to add to my list... the latest is "Stop Wasting Food". That should save me enough in a year to buy a treadmill. ha ha.. :welcome:
                        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Stop wasting Food..I like that one Tipps, we can all learn from this..

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

just come across this thread and am loving it. ive not been doing too well lately on the booze.... wont even mentions the smoking. for me i definately need more than to just cut these things out i need to change my habits and ways of thinking and there are some fantastic suggestions here. think i get too impatient with myself and will want to change everything all at once even though i know it will be too much for me and will overwhelm me. so ill try and take things slowly. ive always loved pollyanna and try to do a bit of that way of thinking. postive thinking doesnt come easy to me so thats a big one for me to work on. for now ill stick with my jug of water. thanks again... great thread
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hi Tipplerette
                              What a GREAT idea!! This should fit in well with our Boot Camp that is starting tomorrow, too.

I think since my biggest and worst bad habit is the daily wine, I will start this week with that. This is such a nice idea because I always try to change EVERYTHING at once, and fail miserably. Doing it gradually is much more balanced. Thank you for this!

Sam
                              "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
                              Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Tipplerette;997435 wrote: Here's a great link for ideas of good habits to start you off:

100 Great Tips to Improve Your Life | LifeRemix
                                This is FANTASTIC stuff Tipps....!:goodjob::goodjob:

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X