X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Loss/Fat Loss/Muscle Builders Unite

How cool is this????

I'm ready for loosing the belly...BRING IT ON
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Ditto. Congrats. As unsportive as I am, I'm just trying to figure out WHAT sort of workout can suit me ... I'm even thinking Pilates? Anyone doing that?
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Paddy, I've never tried pilates but know some people that swear by it. It's supposed to be a pretty good workout. Anyone else try it?

Comment

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I'm gonna be on my stairmaster while my casserole is baking today!:H I try and do at least a 1/2 hr a day on it... sometimes get in a xx ski in the living room as well...
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I felt really down after school today but after a 20 minute run I feel better. I am so glad someone thought of this.
            Enough is enough

Comment

I just bought a pilates machine that is supposed to give an excellent workout from all of the reviews I read on this piece of equipment. I will let you know when I start using it which will not be until after the holidays because I bought it with VHS tapes and the day it arrived our VCR decided to literally blow up on us so I now need to go buy the DVD workouts. I MUST get back into exercising again.

I do exercise, however, one time a week for 10 minutes and I know this sounds crazy but I have lost 25 pounds over the last two years doing JUST that and not eating or drinking less. The key behind it is called Super Slow weight lifting. You lift extremely heavy weights but instead of doing the usual 12-15 reps you push out really slow for 10 seconds and come back for 8-10 seconds. It is so challenging to your muscle fibers that you are lucky if you can do 5-6 reps. And it only needs to be done 1-2 times a week. What is does not address, however, is the endorphin release and cardiovascular workout that getting out and moving does, which is what I need to do. I go to a trainer for this and in the last two years since going there I have gone from being able to leg press 80 pounds to 330 pounds!!!! It has made me VERY strong, and if I could cut back more on the calories I know I would see more definition. Might not work for all but has worked for me.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wow Lusch, You kept this quiet. I am impressed.
                Enough is enough

Comment

Waves, you know me. Quiet as a mouse. Starting to finally come out of my shell here, though I guess.

Comment

How long have quiet mice lived in shells?

I'm thinking of a number. It's not much less than 1000.
                    Enough is enough

Comment

Hi lush- so, is there a name for this? Does it build mass or just strength? Does it work for arms too? Do you think it would be best to do this under the watchful eye of a trainer?
                      This is interesting to me and I have not heard of it before so I'm curious about it.
                      I'm doing leg presses of 115lbs - 2 sets of 15. I was saying earlier though that I have weak arm muscles. I wonder if this would help.

I did a pre Thanksgiving workout this morning. I did some weights, stretches, abs and then 21 min on the eliptical machine. I'm thinking of maybe adding a class to my routine - anyone have a suggestion? I'm a little scared of the spinning class - think I would have to quit mid way through. I'm interested in the yoga class though - I'm thinking it might help my lower back pain.
                      Speaking of - Anyone else have any injuries (sports or otherwise) they are working around?
                      So far it seems Becca has shin splint problem (had that once and I know it is quite painful so I wish you well) , and Barb has a foot injury - which I think is getting better.
                      I have lower disk problems - basically arthritis related issue with three lower disks. I've just noticed how stiff I am and I've been trying some stretches to loosen up that area.
                      Any other suggestions? I had enjoyed running as I said when I was younger but the dr's told me it is not a good idea with my back.

anyhoo...hope you all have a great evening-
                      Lisa

Comment

I have put on soooo much weight this past year as my drinking spirialed out of control. Really would like to get back to the old healthy fit self so look forward to getting motivated and sharing exercise tips.
                        Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Stretch Lisa Stretch!
                          I have two problem discs in my lower back. I do daily cardio as well. I have been told that cardio helps bring oxegen to an injury which in turn helps healing, seems to help me. Also massage therapy has helped me immensely. I don't quite understand why it works,maybe more blood flow to the injured tissue? I just know I suffered for more than ten years and now I am almost pain free. I can now run 5 miles on a treadmill (kills me tho, lol) which I never thought would ever happen.
                          Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                          April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                          wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                          wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                          wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                          wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                          wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                          wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                          http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Lisa, it is called High Intensity Training. I found one link that might be interesting. IS HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING BEST?. It is great for the arms; in fact I have noticed more definition and strength there than in my lower legs.

Comment

This is great! Thanks Katie and Lush for the info. I stretch before each workout but probably could do more- good to know it has helped your back though-I'll just keep working on it.
                              Can't wait to check out that website lush - esp since you said it helped so much with your arms. One of my goals ( and not actually kidding) is to wear a sleveless dress and feel comfortable. Maybe one day!

I shopped today and did not work out so I'm actually looking forward to my workout tomorrow. I should probably get a massage tomorrow too.. - for my lower back, purely medicinal.

Thanks again-
                              Lisa

Comment

Hi Lisa, now that I am looking over the info on the link I posted I am not sure it is the best represenatation of what it is all about. I would suggest Googling "superslow" or "high intensity training" and you can get more info. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X