Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running

had my second walk earlier, took me 35 mins to do it today, see, getting faster already!! Anyway feeling great, feeling motivated .......
    Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

Running

Mizz Fitt;1097456 wrote: had my second walk earlier, took me 35 mins to do it today, see, getting faster already!! Anyway feeling great, feeling motivated .......
      Thats fantastic - well done. NOW must get some sleep!

Comment

Running

Do any of the runners here have problems with cramps in the calf? I woke up last week with a terrible cramp which left me sore for a few days. I held off running and feel OK now. I have been trying to take minerals and eat very healthfully. Was it the running or just a coincidence? Advice?
        S

Comment

Running

Yay - flights all booked for the Gold Coast, Hotel all booked, Hubbie home from overseas this morning. Still AF - 6 days - I feel really really happy today. Its been a brilliant day. Hubbie arrived home at 9am this morning, kids had left at 8.30 for the bus so we got to spend the whole day ALONE. Now school holidays for two weeks but hubbies home till Tuesday with the kids and I can do some serious running without having to worry about kids etc. I am so happy! I dont even want alcohol today

Comment

Running

mumofsix;1098474 wrote: Yay - flights all booked for the Gold Coast, Hotel all booked, Hubbie home from overseas this morning. Still AF - 6 days - I feel really really happy today. Its been a brilliant day. Hubbie arrived home at 9am this morning, kids had left at 8.30 for the bus so we got to spend the whole day ALONE. Now school holidays for two weeks but hubbies home till Tuesday with the kids and I can do some serious running without having to worry about kids etc. I am so happy! I dont even want alcohol today
            woo hoo Mum! Thats great, a few days off. And what are you and hubby going to do with all that 'free' time this mnorning??lol!
            Enjoy the running and steer well clear off the alcohol, that addiction is history, yes? Enjoy your weekend
            Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

Running

Carver;1110288 wrote: Running has some great benefits,..
              Some of these benefits may include weight loss, improved cardiovascular health, improved bone health, improved mood and better coordination.
              And excitement of entering races and "pitting" youself against your body and the clock, I have just run my first full 42k marathon in 4.38.06 which I considered quite good for a 44 year old Mummy of 6 kids that used to be obese and drinks too much sometimes! lol

Comment

Running

Just seen this thread I run and have been doing a lot more since I joined MWO.

Off for a run this morning. Hoping to do about 20 miles

Comment

Running

Carver;1110288 wrote: Running has some great benefits,..
                  Some of these benefits may include weight loss, improved cardiovascular health, improved bone health, improved mood and better coordination.
                  Spam Spam

Comment

Running

Loerge;1102449 wrote: Hey dear. Running is a great exercise. I also do running daily. running have so many benefits. With this we can maintain our body and become fit. When we run , every part of our body is in the motion and it is good for our health. So dear you can join me if you feel boar . Reply soon.
                    SPAMMERS usually spell better than this
                    :H

Comment

Running

Here it is Recluse

Comment

Running

mumofsix;1110479 wrote: And excitement of entering races and "pitting" youself against your body and the clock, I have just run my first full 42k marathon in 4.38.06 which I considered quite good for a 44 year old Mummy of 6 kids that used to be obese and drinks too much sometimes! lol
                        Finishing one alone is impressive but that's a superb time, in fairness. :goodjob:

Comment

Running

Runners,

Of which I was one many years ago.

My PE teacher tried me on all kinds of things and the only thing I could do was run.

Running is not an art, it is a spirit.

When I was running I was in my own space. Nothing else was there. Just me.

I have never experienced anything so wonderful. Ever.

I wish I could do it again but I can't. The body parts of this elderly woman won't cooperate.

But I did run. Many, many miles. Not to someone else's pace, my own. It was a very spiritual experience.

I HTH,
                          Cindi

Im sorry I didn't attach this properly Cindi!!!
                          That moved me so much, and I wanted to thank you so much for what you said, it moved me to tears. I too am a runner, and hope and plan to keep on running for as long as my body allows. I loved how you said it is a spiritual experience, I so feel that way too. It is my sanity, it is my life to some degree, apart from being mom, wife, etc.
                          And alcohol takes it away. I am on day 6 AF today, and I need to stay AF!!! Running def. helps with that. Thanks to the god of my understanding for giving me legs to run and a heart to beat!!!

Comment

Running

I love to run, although I am not fast enough. I do about three half marathons a year. Drinking interferes with performance. It is not fun getting up early to run with your group with a hangover from too much wine the night before. I am on day 22 and feeling pretty good. Enjoying being able to get up and run without a headache.
                            PlainJane, I also woke up and thanked God for the ability to run. We should never take this for granted. Many people would love to run but can't for many reasons.
                            Best wishes to all in your AF journey and keep running.
                            Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Running

mumofsix;1095864 wrote: Signed up for the Gold Coast Half marathon in Aussie today - poor hubbie will be buying another plane ticket for me and himself of course. HE IS my support crew. Have to pay another $2000 installement toward New York Marathon next week too. Sooo if my plans to ok I will be running 30 April Rotorua, 22nd May Huntly Half marathon ( sons 21st WILL be a dry one for me the day before lol) , 3rd July Gold coast, Taupo Half in August (have to book yet), Hamilton Half in October and then my first full marathon in New York in November and then REST lol.
                              Gee I havent checked in here for ages! I did run the Rotorua Full marathon on 30th April this was my first full marathon - I did it in 4.38.06 and Huntly Half 2.02.06, then across the tasman to Gold Coast marathon which once again I did in 4.38.40. My drinking has been less but could still be better though so while I'm succeeding in some areas I arent in others! I have the Taupo half marathon coming up on 7th August and also Rotorua half on 28th August, Hamilton Half in October still do go before New York. I am however at the moment more interested in staying sober. That to me is the IMPORTANT race for me at the moment

Comment

Running

I guys, I fell off the fitness wagon for a bit when AL took over but I am ready to take my body back! I love to run (used to hate it, bit it becomes therapy), elliptical, weight training, bicycle, mud races, etc.
                                I download all the my favorite high energy high beat, pumped up music and GO. Mix it in with some slower stuff for warm ups and cool downs. You can create play lists for cardio, weight training, cool down etc.

Have fun!!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X