July = 10 days allowed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July = 10 days allowed!

Mauve Mods it is!!!! So are we all the same then, (sorry to be thick) Day 4 - 2 days drank, 8 left?? Loving the fact your getting the book Tips, you will def be a lean mean sexy machine!!! I was reading an article in Glamour mag today and apparently all the hot celebs in hollywood movies x men etc use the clean and lean to get fit and ready for the movie, so we are now in Celeb land and will be just as foxy!! Read for a good deep sleep tonight. do you listen to the CD.s???
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hey Maeve Mods!
      I ordered Clean & Lean 10 days ago & it hasn't arrived yet. So when I was away last week I picked up the Flat Tummy version- his 2nd book- and have been following that. I didn't want to buy the 1st book when I have already ordered it = but impatient to get going. But it is much lower in carbs- none except for vegies- think it was too much for me. So now I am including some rye bread & oats- I feel much better.
      Is great we are all doing the same diet. I plan to stay off AL for the next couple of weeks while I get stuck into the diet & make some progress there. Also I didn't have a mod night of drinking- had an entire bottle & still feel rotten. I know I am not a big drinked but have promised myself that if I can't drink mod then I wont drink at all.
      I will keep checking in here regularly because I think we all have very similar histories with drink & similar goals.
      Off to bed now. Will be back tomorrow for a great Al free day.
      SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

HI TIPPS, KEEPWALKING, SARAH, TO MY HEALTH and anyone that I have missed xxxxxxxxx

How are you? Just checking up on you!

Tipps sad about the trees but he was only doing his best your man sounds so nice he is so in love with you I can tell.

Anyway I am on DAY 40 who would of thought! On goes my HOT PINK running shoes I have been eating bits of chocolate xxx

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Mia you are an inspiration!
          Tips I am also sorry about your trees.
          Welcome TMH.
          Keeps-thanks for being such a strength here.
          Goodnight!

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Good morning. Great idea,Tips. I will use regular drink tracker too as it provides a good visual for me but posting here will keep me even more accountable. Dh just replenished wine but he also bought lots of O'Doul's and will substitute that or Diet Tonic if I don't even want the calories from non alcoholic beer.
            Keeps - checked out the book on Amazon. I have a plan that works for me but if for some reason I struggle, I will download Clean and Lean to my kindle. Might anyway. As of this a.m. I'm 2# away from goal and since I'm back from travels it will be easier to stay on task with diet, exercise & AF weekdays.
            SJ-think you're right, we're pretty similar. Never was into hiding bottles, drinking during day unless family holiday get together, topping off glass, stuff like that but too many nights dh & I polished off a large bottle of wine together. (4-5 glasses).
            Mia - Well done!! Have followed your posts, very impressive! Thanks for stopping by, do so anytime as success begets success.
            Will c/i later with today's workout.

TMH
            Day 4 - 2 days drank, 8 remaining
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Day 5 - 2 days drank, 8 remaining! Hi Mauve Mods, how are we all?? SJ i saw your post about the CD.s but also did you see the post I made previously about Alis Franks CD, available on amzon at about 14 pounds so great value and i think is making a big difference for me. Glam bought it so she what she thinks?? HI Mia thanks for checking in, great to hear from you. I have been clean and lean today, soft boiled eggs for brekkie, mackeral sald for lunch and salmon fillet with spinach and broccoli for dinner, oat cakes with hummus as a snack and feeling fine! Had a run this morning and off for a 7 miler on my bike now! Girls WE HAVE TO DO THIS!!! The exercise is the key!!!!!!! Get sweaty have a shower and feel the buzz, better than a glass of vino and feeling ugh the next day! Will check in again later hunnies, Keeps xx ps: Am going to search for a new avatar that represents our purpleness or mauveness!! xx

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Ha ha here it is!! Our new fabulous hot purple and pink (lol) JUST DO IT team shirt!!! Whats everyone exercise and food plan for tomorrow,, we need plans us girlies or the demon might get us!! xx Speak later MM,s xx

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Love the Mauve Mod shirt! Today was good eating wise, only got a 2 mile walk in but did some cleaning. Felt very tired today and just kind of went with it. Long 2 day drive from Canada, then flwg day another 230 miles for a Golden Anniversary celebration (AF), then 4th of July, well it all just kind of caught up with me.

Plan to walk/run 4 miles tomorrow and do an upper body w/o and situp routine & follow eating plan. See there is still some halibut in freezer from when I was home in May, that sounds like a good dinner for tomorrow night altho not a fav of dh.

TMH
                  Day 5, 2 days Drank, 8 Remaining

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi Gang, Love the new Avatar Keeps!! I don't know why but I have lost weight. I think those 17 days A/F really did something. I am feeling like I am letting myself and you guys down lately by drinking and not exercising. But I am posting !! So I am feeling like alcohol still has a pull on me. I have not been taking the L-Glut, not even bouncing on the trampoline or kayaking. So big change needed here. We went on the boat on a nearby lake yesterday and afterward stopped at a roadside outdoor patio. the lime beer ads got to me and I had two. When I got home I immediately poured myself a glass of red wine. By drinking standards that is not much but by Tips standards, that is three more than the 0 I was aiming for. So onwards and upwards. Weight is not the issue. Getting drunk is not the issue. For me lack of exercise and the emotional pull of alcohol are the issues. So having said that, I will try to be in a place tommorow where I can report improvement on both counts.

Girls, thanks for your total acceptance and for keeping the hoopla going. I still think I can do the 10 drinks this month but I have to stop NOW.

Tips

Day 6, 3 days Drank, 7 Remaining
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi Keeps ! Just wanted to jump in and say I love your new Avatar. It is the same color as my bike :thumbsup

As Keeps says...... Just Do It !!
                      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

I love the avatar too!
                        Tips are you ok? I know how easily the daily drinking can be back- I really struggle with that. As soon as I have 1 drink I want several, and then want it the next night. For so many of us it is the same, no AL means lots of exercise & feeling good. As soon as it is back in our lives it is so easy for everything else to slide.
                        I really don't know if I am going to be able to do mod- Keeps you are doing so well with it.
                        But I will keep checking in here with you gals & see how we all go. I know I should probably plan if I am going to drink or not this month- but am feeling good & positive now & don't want to change things.

I will continue to plan my food & exercise though as that is very important-
                        Today- 4 mile run done. Food- Clean & Lean Diet Day 1 nearly done.
                        Tomorrow- strength session with resistance bands. Food- Day 2 Clean & Lean.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi SJ, Keeps, Tips,

How are you all doing. Can you tell me again where to find the clean and lean diet? I'm finally getting
                          some energy back and want to lose at least 5 lbs. this month.
                          THOUGHTS become THINGS
                          choose the GOOD
                          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi -Clean & Lean Diet by Jame Duigan. I ordered it from The Book Depository & was only $7.95 including postage. I think it is very good- I have done loads of diets & used to teach nutrition.
                            The exercises are good too, as well as the mind stuff. He also give AL a pretty hard time too! Dont need to follow a diet that encourages drinking.
                            I will be delighted to see the scales shift- but know that if I take consistent action then the results will follow.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hello everyone, mauve mods (MM,s) and all our old best mates, Mia, Miss O and Barb, great to hear from you all xxxxxxx Miss O i thought about your bike when i posted the new avatar, LOL!
                              Tips you will always have full acceptance here because you are honest, truthful, motivated, strong and accepting of yourself, I loved your separate post on that. We are only human beings girls and do our best but we are constantly trying and that's all we can ask of ourselves and each other. Tips you have to get the exercise going, Barb you will love clean and lean, i am eating less but all the right things and yet have more energy. Find him on youtube too, very interesting clips! SJ great to have you posting here whether you decide to mod or not, keep checking in. TMH great exercise today, well done, but come on lets all blitz our bodies and get fit!! Weight loss is a bonus, HEALTH is the important things and i think the better you feel about yourself the less likely you are to sabotage yourself, so perhaps we need to dig deeper and see what issues are lurking underneath to tempt us to engage with the demon???? eek heavy stuff!!!! But back to exercise i did two classes at the gym tonight and got sweaty and tired but then went in the steam room after my shower and feel all clean inside and out, not as lean as i want to be but getting there. I am going shopping with a friend on Saturday and am determined to be under ten stone, i am going to buy a foxy dress for my sons graduation ( not too foxy obviously ) and want to weigh at least 9.13 (139 pounds) i haven't been under ten stone in years and this event has really focused my mind as when i look back on photos of special events all i see is the look in my eyes which is saying I feel CRAP, i want to look at the photo of me with my hubbie,my two sons and when i look into my eyes i want to see the smile behind them that says i feel great, i am fitter, cleaner, leaner and in control of the liquid i put into my body - YAY!!!! so I will be blitzing, body scrubbing, cycling etc etc for england from now until the big day (19th july( and am already thinking i wont drink on saturday night and use the ol excuse of a chest infection. It was one of the days i had planned to drink but after feeling so bad at weekend i just may not bother, but i have a choice and i like that feeling, so hopefully i will make the right one and if it is to share some wine with friends then fair enough as long as i dont end up drinking more than my mind, body and soul can take!!! We shall see. Can we remind each other of our goals for july, I know what the drinking goal is i.e. no more than ten moderate days allowed, but what about fitness and eating etc????? I need an update? Come on MM.s we can do this especially with a little help from the pinksters xxxxx I want to be fit, fabulous and 50 ( well 51) not fat,frumpy and 50!! Time to step it up ladiees summer is here! More tomorrow, sleep tight

Day 6 - 2 drank, 8 to go xxx Love Keeps x

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Well, I stepped it up yest and bumm is ahurtin' today. In a good way. R/W 4+ miles, 20 min of UB strength training, 120 situps and 10 donkey kicks on each leg (hence the sore bumm). Got 15.5K steps in and wt is down to 113.6; goal is 112. Today will walk & do LB section of Body Sculpt.

Keeps - when I see pics I am usually surprised, see myself as much bigger than pics portray. You want to see confidence, don't you? You are confident and can do this.

Tips - it's ok. Just hop back on this ol' wagon. Do you have a pedometer? Finest tool for weight loss, & exercise IMO. Mine goes on my body upon arising and stays there til bedtime. Have had several but the most accurate I have found is Digiwalker; you can get it through digiwalker.com if you're interested. We have to move to feel well.

SJ - abstaining is wonderful; don't mod if it doesn't feel right to you. Figure with 10 day/month goal we're drinking 1/3 of what we used to. I truly like my AF days. Yest I could feel my body felt stronger being AF day b4.

TMH
                                Day 6 gone by, Drank 2, 8 to go

Comment

Working...
                                X