Pinksters Awesome AF August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mia, I play mind games with myself when the wine calls. I picture it full of dirt and worms and instantly the desire goes away!
    Barb - very inspiring post. I agree that I don't want to trade how good I feel now for the brief pleasure wine may give me. Just ain't worth it. And thanks for your thoughts about my husband. He is ok, just struggling to come to terms with mortality and the prospect of a heart condition. He is 64 and hasn't been in the hospital since he tore up a knee at 17, so health problems have never been a concern before. Anyway, bypass will probably be early next week. So glad I am not drinking through this!
    Queenbug - your new relationship sounds positive and supportive, and you are back on track after a little blip. I have found exercising to be a great replacement stress reliever. I was using wine for that, but exercise is so much better!
    SJ, no whip for me! Went to the gym early this morning, and have downloaded the Nike Fitness Club app on my phone so that I can take workouts with me. Have done two of them on days when I knew I wouldn't get to the gym. So goal for the month: run five minutes non-stop on treadmill and make it up to intermediate on the Nike Fitness Club app.
    I miss Keeps and Glam! And Crimsons, how are you doing?
    Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

@tonstant, good job with your wormy visualization. My great-grandma always said beer tasted like something to be poured back into the horse, so I use that with chardonnay too. Hope your hubby is feeling better...thank goodness the doc caught it.
      @QB, I'm new on here, but your date sounds enviable. And you should pat yourself on the back for progress in moderating.
      @Mia and Barbara, you are both an inspiration! I am on Day 10 myself, going for 40 with the help of an online/phone sober coach.

I got up early today (what a shock!), did upper body weights and then did about a 15-mile bike ride on the beach with some other women. Unfortunately had a near collision with a little dog resulting in a spectacular fall, but no harm done. For the first two minutes I couldn't quite figure out where I was (which should have been rather obvious, given the usual location of the Pacific Ocean) or whom I was going to meet. And I didn't hit my head. Weird, but I guess it was adrenaline or something...I was really out of it there for a moment.

Comment

Good to hear from you Crimsons, and ouch! I wrote on your other thread 'cause I realized I hadn't seen a post from you in a while, so you can just ignore that one if you want.
        After I stopped drinking, I realized that it was such a relief when I had a klutzy moment, or an accident, or did something else sort of dumb to know that it wasn't because of drinking or being hungover. I was just naturally forgetful and klutzy! When we are drinking it is so easy to blame everything on the drinking. How nice it is to know when we screw up that it can be laughed off and not become another thing to beat ourselves up over.
        Does that make sense?
        Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Yes, that was weird. One of the dog owners was taking my pulse and they seemed to think I was really messed up. Couldn't figure out how to get my cleat undone for the longest time. I knew I just needed two minutes for the little cartoon birdies to stop circling my head. But I did look up and couldn't figure out exactly where I was -- for a moment I thought I was in NC and it was the Atlantic. And I also knew there was someone I knew nearby -- or something -- but couldn't put it together I was meeting up with this ladies' group. I'm not on any medication. Just weird. Made me realize I should carry an emergency contact and insurance # in my little bike sac. Also encouraging that people stopped to help, although my bike group rode right by LOL!! But I know what you mean, it was almost like my brain was in AL mode...

Comment

Pinksters Sensational September thread has started- please come & visit!

TW I am thinking of you & sending big hugs. It is a tough thing to go through and I hope it all goes smoothly. I used to be a Cardiothoraxic ICU Nurse & it is such a successful operation- but if it was my hubby then it would be very different. Mind yourself & keep up the exercise- you are amazing.

Crimson hope you are ok after your incident. I agree with TW- everytime something happened when I was drinking I used to blame it & feel so guilty- now I just laugh. The main thing is that you are ok, sounds like you had a nasty shock.

See you on the new thread.
            SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Working...
            X