Pinksters Sensational September!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all...I'd like to join everyone here in getting fit and staying AF (and NF, too!)

I've gotten terribly, terribly out of shape...gained 60 plus pounds pounding down beer and wine over the years. I lost my thyroid too so it's going to be a battle of the bulge for me. Strike three? I'm now 54.

I am determined to get lighter. My health depends on it. I eat right...organics...whole foods...lotsa wild fish...no junk. I think the missing piece is exercise. I'm a bit limited right now. Both knees are swollen. I had surgery a few years ago to remove some torn meniscus on the right. Now the left is acting up. PT isn't helping much. I'm dreading it, but think I may have to go in for an MRI. And most likely more surgery. This is a bummer. I play women's hockey (we are quite comical on the ice!) and the season starts next week.

So for now, my exercise is walking...on level ground. I try to make a brisk clip of it, but I can't seem to go fast enough to raise my heart rate. This morning, I followed along on a walking routine on TV....it did get my heart rate up, but it was only a 20 minute routine.

I don't want to use my bum knees as an excuse for doing nothing. So I'm in for doing what I can do until the pain or a doctor tells me to chill for a bit.
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi girls, welcome to the newcomers! Things aren't so good here. Husband went into cardiac arrest yesterday morning when I was in the room with him. He is now critical and in ICU. they are working on figuring out what is wrong but they really don't know yet. All the exercise I am getting is walking up and down hospital hallways. And worrying.
      Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

TW, so sorry to hear. My prayers are with you. Truly wish your husband a good and healthy recovery. Keep your chin up and believe that God is with you every step you take. :l:l:l:h:h
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Sending hugs to you and your family Tonst......
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Sorry
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hi Pinksters,
              Welcome Jenny- great goals.

Everyone sounds great- stay strong & stay here.
              Daisy, hiding isn't allowed! Stay right here & hang out with us. Do your exercise, eat well & do you best with AL. We all understand- that is why we are all here.
              I did a good 5 mile run this morning & am very busy with work/kids. I am very excited & slightly terrified that I am going back to karate tonight. I haven't been for 3 1/2 years after getting an injury. I had a brown belt which is the one before black (I was 1st brown, there are 3 of them). I have this mad dream to get my black belt by the time I am 50. Wish me luck!

My sis-in-law just rang to say she is coming to visit to must fly & tidy up!
              SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Good luck
                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hi everyone and big warm welcome to our new pinksters who like us all are here to get fit and fab! Happy belated birthday SJ and TW my heart bleeds for you, how is he now?? Sorry for lack of posting been sooooo busy back at school but everything is more settled today. Did zumba last night, love it, run/walk tomorrow and no alchohol - yay!!!! Daisy and RFL consider your ass kicked and get right back on it, you can do it, I know it, lets all do it together, cant wait for the info/tips on the btp glam amd sj and the clean and lean is going great for me, also the alisa frank c d has worked wonders! 7 pounds to my goal weight and want to do it by end of september??? More tomorrow, be healthy and happy and Mia how are you hun???
                  Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Sarahjane, thanks for being so understanding. Hope your karate goes well. You'll get right back into it I'm sure. You are one determined lady!:goodjob:
                    TW, hope things are improving for your hubby and yourself.:h
                    Jenny, well done on 10 days! Great.....
                    Turnagain, hows the walking going?
                    This has been a busy week as I've had to go into the city and help my daughter get set up in her house. She starts university in 2 weeks and is moving into a house with 3 friends - big changes in this house! Just checking it is safe and alarmed etc. Then half of my kitchen crockery and utensils are moving with her - needed a good clearout anyway! This is my second one to leave home; hard to believe. Will miss her but no doubt the home-cooking will bring her back to me! Haha
                    Hope alls well with you girls. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Keepwalking, cross-posted. Ass kicked but taking a little while to sink in!!!! Bear with me pleeeeeez.....
                      You are doing so well. Isn't Zumba fun? Never laughed so much; mainly because I was so bad at it, but definitely fun!!!

Comment

ah daisy only playing, you are here and honest as the day is long! you sound very much in control to me as its when we drink and pretend its ok that we are lying to ourselves! Good luck with the uni move it never gets any easier! However, means more time for zumba! xxx
                        Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the newbies. TW, my prayers are with you. SJ, you are like the energizer bunny.
                          Daisy, you sound so good, I was thinking about joining Zumba. Are you enjoying the CD's?

Mia, where are you?
                          THOUGHTS become THINGS
                          choose the GOOD
                          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi Pinsters,
                            Just a quick check in before work. Was so scared going back to karate last night but surprised myself by being quite competent! Was horrified by how tight my suit has become but I am 2 pounds down today yippee! Have just got the eating & exercise plans for the 12 week body transformation that Glam & I are doing so it is very exciting.

But I am thinking about AL a lot the last few days. Keep thinking that I would love a glass of wine with dinner every once in a while, or a beer at a party. Must get those thoughts out of my head!

Hope you are all doing great. TW am thinking of you & your hubby, hope no more setbacks & that he is improving. Sending loads of love.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi girls,
                              Things are looking up. Husband is more stable every day with fewer to no heart arrythmias. He will have pacemaker/auto defibrillator put in later today and may go home in a few days. I think I have even lost a little weight! Good to hear from so many of the regulars and newcomers here.
                              I have been having occasional drinking thoughts but push them out of my mind.
                              Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Oh TW I am so pleased he is getting better. You must be so proud of yourself that you haven't touched AL with all that stress. Not the healthiest way to lose weight but at least it is a positive outcome!

I got my brand new Polar Heart Rate Monitor today. Can't wait to go to the gym in the morning & see how man cals I burn & how long I can keep my heartrate up for.

Time to feed the troops & get back to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X