Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinksters Sensational September!

Hi Ladies,

Sounds good everyone! I have been mostly spending time reading, weeding out parts of life (and people) that are unhelpful, and communicating with my coach. I'm reluctant to call him a sober coach anymore. He's more like a find-your-true-life coach. So I haven't been here a'tall, but this thread certainly fits into my plan!

@TW, glad to hear hubby is better! Pretty hard to keep life going normally when such an event lands on you.
    @SJ, again, I'm inspired.

So inspired, I'm going to hit the gym before meeting friends tonight. As one of the friends is three years old, I think it'll be a pretty wholesome evening. We're meeting up to listen to a friend's jazz group in an outdoor venue where the kiddy can run around.

Comment

@ Barbara, try the Zumba! I did it and it was totally fun, even though I wasn't getting the steps right. I must say it's not a great place to meet men tho ;-)

Comment

Tonst...we'll be anxious to here how the procedure went today. I'm proud of you for being so strong through this. You can handle anything....without AL.

Crims...I've been wondering about you. I'm happy to hear you're on track with the coach and making positive changes in all areas!

SJ...you inspire me too....running marathons and kicking it at karate. AND....kicking Al on its butt. The voice lies. Don't listen to it. It has told me I can handle a glass of wine or a special micro-brew. Everytime I believed that I ended up back at the bottom...sooner than later in the last few years. This time, I refuse to listen. I refuse to drink. Even one.
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi girls; checking in to tell you I am on Day 1!!!!
          Don't know if any of you remember I had a very good friend who died in June. Up until that day I had almost 5 weeks AF. Since then I have struggled more than I have this past year. I decided this week that I would stop today. It is his birthday. I know he would have supported me. He was an intelligent, funny, good person. He was also an alcoholic. He was lonely. Drink took so much away from him. The guilt I have felt since he died has been huge. I feel I neglected him in my quest to stop drinking. I had made that my goal and was selfish with what I had to do. I should have been there for him. I am going to visit his grave today and tell him my plans. I know he would have liked that I picked his birthday as the day I stopped drinking. It is only now in writing this that I realise how much his death has affected me.....
          I asked you to bear with my while I sorted myself out; I had a plan and this is it; thank you all for being here.
          I have everything in place; CDs, L-glut, and vitamins; last of wine poured down the sink first thing this morning.
          I want to make him proud of me and hope he forgives me for not being there. He will, because thats the kind of person he was.
          Anyway, probably the most honest I've been with myself in a long time. See you all later. Take care. x
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Excellent plan Daisy!
            You deserve to grieve, and through the process find the strength to go on.
            I am sure your friend is smiling down on you.
            If it were me, I would be honored to receive your sobriety as my birthday gift.

We are all here supporting you. You have a good plan. Add to it by visiting the Tool Box.
            Keep your tools close by to help you through.

Congratulations on Day 1. It is the most important day on your new journey.
            THOUGHTS become THINGS
            choose the GOOD
            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi Girls,
              did do a big reply and it went up in cyberspace, tried again and it happened again,
              so now I'll be brief.
              tw - so pleased that things have taken a turn for the better. You are being so strong.
              Daisy - well done honey. Don't punish yourself. You are a wonderful person - well done for getting back on track. Day 1 is definitely the most important as Barb says.

SJ can't wait for our 12wbt. I too have been having the occasional thoughts about vino, but have made my commitment to you, to Mish and more importantly to myself. Will remain AF until at least 5th December. 6 days a week exercise, 1200 cals and lots of positive thinking!! Not counting days anymore, just going to continue AF.

Hope the rest of you Pinksters are doing well

love and light
              Glam
              x

Comment

Thank you Glam and Barbara - that means a lot!
                Hope you are all doing well!

Comment

Happy Saturday girls,

Well I really wanted a glass of wine last night- but am delighted that I didn't. I said to myself 'If I really want one I can have one. I have the choice to drink- but I choose not to now'. And it worked. I have a busy day at work today & am delighted to have a lovely clear head. I have found it quite easy being AF until now so I will accept that it is normal to go through these phases. I think it has passed now- but it is only 8.40am!

Daisy you are in my thoughts. I remember when your special friend died, what an honor to him for you acknowledge his birthday in such a significant way. We are all here for you. Now get your butt in that pool- you know it makes you feel great.

Glam I can't wait either for our 12 week transformation. But the transformation really started the day I came here. Although I am quite down about my weight- I was 12 stone 2 the day I came here, 2 weeks after the miscarriage. Now I am 11 stone 6 and feeling much fitter but with a long way to go. But I have my plan in place now & it is awesome what we can do when we put our minds to something & have great support.

Barbara you are sounding strong & fabulous- gold star to you!

Keeps are you moving your butt now that you are back at school? Report please.

How are the rest of you doing? Turn, thanks for the encouragement. What is your fitness plan?
                  R4L how are you doing now?
                  TW I hope things are continuing to improve for you- you have been amazing through your stressful time.
                  Must fly off to work. Have a fabulous day everyone & please report all progress & plans please.
                  SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi Sarahjane, thanks. Dont worry, I'm very determined right now! And you are helping. At one stage you and I were on the same days. You have done brilliant. Glad you didnt cave last night. You have come too far. I would hate to see you back where I got to; it is very hard to get back. It only takes one drink for you to lose all those great feelings you're experiencing right now; pride, satisfaction, weight loss, fitness, seeing happy family members, eating well, and the rest! I am aiming to be where you are now so dont you come back to where I am!!!! Stay on track and think of crossing that finishing line in a really great time! Alcohol would steal that away from you.
                    You are an inspiration and I am coming behind you; slowly but surely!:thanks:
                    To the rest of you girls, hope you are having a great, energetic, AF weekend.

Comment

Hi all and again sorry for lack of posting, busy busy busy!!!! Just back from body pump and my arms are still shaking!! I weighed in at 9.11 this morning from 10.13 , well chuffed but still want to get to 9.7! SJ cant understand why the weight isnt dropping off you more quickly??? The fitness goal is the most important thing but with not drinking and exercising i bet you were expecting more, well dont worry the btp will sort you out good and proper! Love your attitude Glam re not drinking i am not even giving myself an end day i just dont drink anymore, finito bonitio xx Tipps how you doing, Mia? Daisy well done for being back on track, we are all hot smoking pink sober sisters and we can do this!! Its great to shift that butt and feel the muscle tone coming back, 50 and fab we need to be, so lets keep rocking through september. xx TW hope you ok? Queen B you out there? Hi to everyone else, love reading your posts, more later the ironing beckons!!!!
                      Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Good morning ladies~!
                        How are all you wonderful Pinksters doing today.
                        SJ you are doing a truly inspirational, motivational job at the helm this month.

Daisy - you sound brilliant now. Determined and focussed and back on track. Fab.
                        Keeps - think you have got this AL lark well sorted now!
                        TW - hope your hubby continues to improve and is soon back to good health
                        Barb - you are a legend!!

and the rest of you ladies --- where are you? Mia not heard from you for ages.
                        As for me - well, I went to my nieces wedding yesterday and although I was driving
                        I did think that as I start 12 wbt tomorrow, and have pledged 12 weeks AF that I may just have one cheeky glass of bubbles to toast the bride - I did take the tiniest of sips and ....... spat it out! It was vile!!
                        Now as I didn't swallow I'm still counting it as being AF! Had a glass of red bull and vodka knocked over me and still counting that as AF too!
                        I was able to look after my 75 year old mum, she is only 4'11" now and really can't hold her booze - so it was lovely to be able to take her home at 10pm, as she was slurring her words a bit and getting wobbly on her feet. I then went back to the party and enjoyed dancing and drinking my sparkling water.
                        Feel brilliant this morning and did my fitness test for 12wbt
                        1) run 1km as fast as you can - (intermediate)
                        2) push up test - managed 50 in a minute (advanced)
                        3) abdominal strength test - got to level 5 (advanced)
                        4) wall sit - knees at 90 degrees - gave up after 1.10 (intermediate)
                        and
                        5) sit and reach test - 9cm (advanced)
                        so very, very pleased with myself - am starting at the intermediate level as I can't run very fast or far (unlike SJ!)
                        So goals for month 1 - remain AF, 12lb weight loss, be able to run 3k non stop!!

Have to say ladies, that the thought of coming on here and saying I had succumbed is another great motivator to stay AF
                        Thanks for all the support on this forum.
                        We rock
                        Go Pinksters.
                        x

Comment

Monday 12th September - Day BTP!!!!!

Morning Pinkies, well its here SJ and Glam and this is it, cant wait to hear all about it. Glam so impressed with your fitness test results, mega!! Gotta dash as off to work, its sooo good to wake up fresh and raring to go on on a monday! It used to be my worse morning for hangover and i would get through the day with red bull and nurofen!! No more my pink sober sisters, seize the day I say!! Were is Tipps and Mia???????? check in sisters, are you Ok. Big Monday shout out to the rest of you, work your butts today and see ya later xxx:h:h:h
                          Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Good Morning Pinkies.
                            Keeps you sound so good today. Bright, bubbly, wide awake and raring to go -
                            bit like me really!!!
                            Just having my banana drink
                            cup skimmed milk, 50g untoasted museli, pinch cinnamon, small banana - all blended together
                            to make banana smoothie.
                            Next off to gym
                            5 mins row
                            10 mins treadmill
                            10 mins x trainer
                            10 mins bike
                            followed by a stretching routine

lunch is curried egg sandwich and dinner is chicken with herbed yoghurt and salad.

Put on a couple of pounds over the weekend, well 3, and up to 13.1 what with the wedding and a bit of a carb crave yesterday. First weigh day is Wednesday - so wish me luck girls!

How's everyone else doing? Are we all on 12 days AF for September?

A big Monday shout from me too.
                            xx

Comment

Hi Glam, Keeps and SJ, you are all in top form; great to see!
                              Just back from my 50 lengths - feel great. Got a good nights sleep; first in a long time! Feeling great and on Day 4. Hasn't been hard at all this weekend, but dont worry, I know whats coming! Been there too many times. Going to fit a walk in today somewhere as most of my exercise is non-impact; i.e swimming and cycling. I think thats why I found Zumba so strenuous so maybe pounding the streets will help - we'll see......
                              Will check in later today - its been very quiet here - hope everyone still about - see you all laters girls!!!

Comment

Keeps I was laughing at your red bull & neurofen on Mondays. I was doritos & diet coke!

Daisy you are doing great. Now keep it up or I will be after you!

Glam you are doing brilliantly. As am I lol! My eating was the same as Glams & exercise similar. Going to run 5 miles tomorrow if hurricane(tailend) Catia would blow somewhere else please. I have worked out that I burn way more calories running than doing gym work. But need to do both so must persevere.

Where are the rest of our Pinkster Rockstars? Reports please.

I suppose I should mention (had nearly forgotten about it) that I actually poured myself a beer on the weekend- I was in that kind of mood all week that I needed to shift. I was never a big beer drinker but quite enjoyed it. Well I couldn't even drink a mouthful- it tastes horrible. Down the drain it went. Feel much better about it all now. Was going into that victim mode 'its not fair I can never drink again'. So now I tell myself I can drink if I choose to. But I chose not to today. Am feeling far more positive again now.

Time to tidy the house in a very energetic way- still need to burn another 150 cals today!
                                SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                                X