Pinksters Outstanding October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, I'm still alive. But one of my healthy decisions was to stop spending all day online, which I was! I seem to have replaced drinking with googling. So I'll check in from time to time!

Comment

Have been feeling a bit blue and down. Got some great advice and decided to cut back on my training for a day or two, so replaced the gym with long walks with my doggy, Oscar.
      I also indulged in a bottle of red, 6 cadbury fingers and a packet of Monster Munch 880 calories.
      Woke up this morning feeling great to be alive.
      Went for a 7.30am walk with hubby and Oscar and feeling happy and fit. Not going to overdo it this weekend but will be back to the gym with a vengance on Monday morning.
      I have pledged not to drink at home anymore and will just have a glass of wine if we are eating out at a restaurant or pub - which we seldom do.
      Hope the rest of you are doing well.
      x

Comment

Confession time. What a bold girl I am. So much for no more drinking at home -
        sang at an OAP concert yesterday and rewarded myself with a bottle of red AND 2 beers.
        This has to stop now. SO AF for the rest of October, and no more excuses. Ended up with the usual binge eat. Quavers, peanuts, go ahead biscuits, rice cakes and smoked salmon (could have been far worse!)

Back at the gym this morning for Body Pump, having a break, then back in an hour for Zumba
        And I am going to listen to the CD's again.
        Didn't weigh myself this morning as I have pledged to only weigh twice a week instead of everyday. Very hard for me to do.
        Hope the rest of you are behaving better than me!
        Not so - Glam!

Comment

@Glam, since you ate 'em, enjoy the memory! What flavor Quavers? I had an off evening as well with a martini and three wines last week -- and ended up with a coffee date invite with a guy 13 years younger. Lolz! Guess I'd *really* better keep up with the gym now. I'm back on track in a big way now. Am enjoying listening to Jillian Michaels (US fitness expert -- very inspiring) while I work out. You can find some free downloads on iTunes if you like that sort of thing.

Comment

crimsons;1194420 wrote: @Glam, since you ate 'em, enjoy the memory! What flavor Quavers? I had an off evening as well with a martini and three wines last week -- and ended up with a coffee date invite with a guy 13 years younger. Lolz! Guess I'd *really* better keep up with the gym now. I'm back on track in a big way now. Am enjoying listening to Jillian Michaels (US fitness expert -- very inspiring) while I work out. You can find some free downloads on iTunes if you like that sort of thing.
            wooh hoo! lucky you.
            Great incentive to get your booty down to that gym!! Go girl.
            x

Comment

Hey, can I join in ???

I followed you all on other threads too but I like the look of this one.

Well, I am 36 years old, 5.6 and weigh 155 lbs.

Until 3 years ago I used to be quite fit and rocked at 20 lbs less. Then I fell in love with Mr. Sauvignon Blanc and the rest as they say is history.

I am now 2 days AF + 2 days on Blessed Herbs detox = 2 lbs less ( well, mostly water weight from the Sunday wine&food fest).

My plan is gym 3 times a week with my trusted trainer + walking the dog 3 times a week for cardio.

Sadly the rest of the time my big bottom is glued to various seats.

I am intrigued by Zumba - any reviews?
              :thanks:
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hiya all
                I am thrilled that the scales have started moving again 5.3kilos lost to date.
                Did a great workout at gym burning 503 cals. After my weekend off, I am absolutely back on track and raring to go.
                SJ you are just fab.
                xxx

Comment

@Shue, welcome! I remember you well from the other threads too. I'm on track and seriously loving a full night's sleep and hangover-free mornings. Ahhh. It's 8:30, already lifted weights, vacuumed, mopped, caught up with email and now I'm meeting my bike group on the beach. Six weeks ago I'd be turning back over in bed.

Comment

hi Pinksters
                    I am wondering if I could join you? I have been wanting to for awhile...
                    I would like some inspiration about getting more active. Today I took a long walk, and it was great being out in nature. I would like to every day do something active and healthy.
                    L

Comment

Hi Pinksters,
                      Sorry for my absence. Have been mostly 'good' with occasional slip but doing fine. Lots of exercise lately which is great. Am battling a bit keeping up with my marathon training program, am finding it hard to get over 14 miles. But then a while ago I would have found it hard to get over 0.4 miles so maybe I am being a bit hard on myself.

Welcome Shue- we all know about Mr Sav B getting in the way of a trim waistline! Sounds like you are on a good path.
                      Hi Lila & welcome- please do join us. We have all been a bit quiet lately but the more of us that are here the better we all seem to behave. Accountability works. And walks in nature are lovely, keep that up & you will do well. What other exercise do you like? I have just gone back to karate after 3 years absence, hoping to get my brown belt back in the New Year. Find what excites you & it is way more fun.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Glam you are a superstar with the exercise & weight loss.
                      Crimsons you are rocking, need to here more about your 'coffee' meeting!
                      SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi ladies,

Bad news: had to miss the gym & dog walk because of hectic work + I am still coughing after a bad cold (excuses, excuses ?) ? will go gym later today hopefully and do a long hike with doggie on Sun.

Good news: 4 days AF & detox, going well, no cheating

SJ ? you are awesome, I followed you on "30 days AF" thread , your running commitment is inspirational

Crimsons ? yes, deets on coffee pls,

Glam ? well done ? how long did it take you to shed the 5?

Comment

Hi and welcome Lila and Shuaddict
                          as SJ says, the more the better. The more accountable we are.
                          Am nearing the end of week 6 on 12wbt and am thrilled to say I have lost 6kilos in that time.
                          Am down to 77kilos, but my goal is to get down to 66 kilos, so another 11 to go, which I'm not expecting to achieve in the next 6 weeks. Would be thrilled to loose another 6 by 5th December.
                          had my first "work" session with a PT today, and boy, I never knew I could push myself so far! Was brilliant.
                          Of course, I have achieved this being mainly AF

June/July 24 days AF
                          August 24 days AF
                          September 30 days AF

What we put into our mouths in terms of food and drink has an 80% affect on weight loss/gain and exercise has a 20% effect, so important to maximise our workouts.

Have a great weekend Pinksters

xx

Comment

Glamorous;1196059 wrote: What we put into our mouths in terms of food and drink has an 80% affect on weight loss/gain and exercise has a 20% effect,

xx
                            AMEN to that !!!

I need to get a new program going, can't seem to get away from work. Will have to make up with home workouts.

But for now it is important to stay on track with the detox. I have 3 more days of liquids only. My skin looks great already. As Turnarond said in another thread "detox is the new botox" .

Glam, you are doing great.

Next weened we have a big charity ball and I need to shed just a few more lbs to fit well into a fab designer dress ( not buying a new one, one size up, like so many times before).

Have a lovely weekend, ladies

Comment

Hi girls, sorry for my long absence from the Pinksters! Last time I checked in I had been struggling AF/not AF! I just wanted to get myself together.
                              Well the main thing I done was to read Jason Vales book Kick the Drink easily. Since then I haven't touched a drop. My attitude to alcohol is so different - feel like I've had my eyes opened! I would recommend it!
                              Glam, good on you with the weight loss. And Sarahjane, give yourself a break, you have done so well. That same determination that got you this far will get you over that 14 mile hump! I just know it! Missed you girls. Shue, I don't think I could do the liquid only!
                              Hi to all the new Pinksters!
                              Have been keeping up my swimming, 50 lengths every other day, but now wanting to add more exercise now that alcohol has freed up my life! Haha.
                              Just wanted to pop in and say hi and will catch up later today. Have a good one!
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

hi Pinksters!
                                detox is the new Botox? shue addict, what kind of cleanse are you doing?
                                Glam, I am really impressed!
                                sj, thanks, I am trying to figure out what would be a good exercise for me.
                                daisy, that is a great book, I agree.
                                well, yesterday was not a good day. I didn't exercise at all and I kind of ate for no reason. ugh! Today I really will take a walk. I noticed how much better I feel. And you all are so inspirational!
                                L

Comment

Working...
                                X