Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinksters Outstanding October!

Hi Pinksters,
    Just checking in after a very busy day at work & am going to get to bed soon. Not doing great on the eating and exercising for a few days but getting ready to crank it up again. Was planning a long run tomorrow morning but need to go to a funeral at 10am, so will try to do something later. Am feeling very tired & sluggish, even felt a bit nauseated this morning so maybe I have a bit of a bug.
    Hope you are all great.
    SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Good morning Pinksters,

I had my first run in oh … about 4 months – 20 min only ( the legs felt like continuing but my dry cough got worse). Sunday and this morning – 45 min walk / run with the dog in the forest. Tomorrow I must make the gym.

I am still on detox, the last day of liquids only – I lost 2 kg since last Monday, hope maybe for 1 more this week.

Lila – I’m on the colon cleanse from BlessedHerbs.com – I do it twice a year for helping my digestion & histamine reactions. (3 days slow down, 5 days liquids only, 3 days gradual back to solids). Indeed, it is not for everyone but I actually notice the improvement in my general wellbeing which is why I do it again.

Botox / detox – after so much liquid (fresh apple, pear & ginger juice) + sleep – my complexion is definitely much improved and the fine lines are much finer.

SJ – I hope you’re feeling better – funerals are hard.

Wish you all a great week
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

hi Pinksters
        I took a walk today, not much for some, but baby steps for me. i felt like i had to because of you all! shueaddict, i've heard a lot about that stuff, i will look it up.
        Quiet around here - is everyone staying active? maybe too active to post?
        have a great Tues!
        L

Comment

Hello Pinksters,

Hooray, my weight starts with 6 again (69 kg). It's been a while since I saw that on the scales.

I did a short walk this morning with the dog (not really up for a run since last night I was naughty and had some wine). I was annoyed with myself; even on liquid only I had enough energy to run, but add the wrong kind of liquid and BAM !!!, it sucks the power out of you.

But ... dust myself off and back on track ... I excercised each day for about a week now. Also, I finished the cleanse - 3 kg down, not bad, just need to follow up with healthy eating and up the cardio to keep the momentum.

How are you all doing?
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hi Pinksters

Hoping I can join you guys. I love to exercise but thanks to AL, diet soda and 3 kids I have a belly that I hate. At the moment I am trying to cut down from 2 diet soda drinks per day to zero. I don't drink any other caffeine. I am struggling with headaches. I am a binge drinker so I am not really struggling with AF at the moment.

I did some cardio this morning, burnt 500 calories. So far I have had 1/2 can diet soda and I have a headache. I might just bin the other half and take some headache tablets.

Comment

Hi Ladies, just want to make a dramatic announcement I'm dragging my fat a** out for a really long walk, and then upper body weights and ab tape later on. Feel committed to staying on the health wagon at the moment -- don't know what my mental block has been!

Comment

Well, walked 10 miles yesterday! And I finally figured out my target heart rate is 140, so I'd best speed it up a bit. I think running is out until I've got another 10-15 lbs off (my knee!) but elliptical, stairmill and incline walking do the trick. I also figured out that during this weight-loss time, I'm better doing the same things every day, and on my own. Routine.

How's everyone else doing? Quiet around here.

Comment

I am in the midst of giving up the diet soda and suffering headaches from withdrawal. Day 2 without diet soda and day 5 AF. As a binge drinker clocking up lots of AF days is not uncommon for me though.

Today is a public holiday so we are off to the national park for some bike riding. A gym buddy yesterday mentioned that I didn't look like someone that ever took AL. I felt sneaky though because the truth is so much worse.

Go gentle on those knees Crimsons. I wasn't so nice to mine recently and they are still aching weeks later.

Comment

@Ellaq -- you're doing it all at once, good on you! Is the soda WD from caffeine? And from your friend's comment, you must have stellar genes. So do I, I am one lucky gal. People die from what I've done to myself, at my age. I feel so fortunate to have the time, place and resources to create a healthy lifestyle.

Comment

Hi Pinksters,

Have had a busy week & also had a bit of a bug. Am better now but not feeling 100% due to having a couple of wines last night. Refuse to give myself a hard time but I know I am SO much better off without it.
                      Am planning a very productive AF November. How is everyone else doing?

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi Sarahjane. Noticed a post from you on another thread. Although you never go to my extremes, I too have slipped. Had a great, happy 20 days AF and WHAM!! But as you say, there is no point giving yourself a hard time. We know what to do so let's get ourselves together and get going! Heading into day 2 tomorrow and back to great exercise and diet plans - can't wait as I know it won't be long before I feel great again - always do as long as I stay away from that crap!!!! Hope all's well with you....
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi Daisy. All is good. I am going to start the November thread right now. Great work on the 20 days AF.
                          Lets all have a fantastic November- see you all there.

Comment

New Thread for November -

Fit and Fab AF for November - started by Sarah Jane! x

Comment

Working...
                            X