Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilates?

:thanks: E,

Helpful info. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I didn't go. Will try to go next week.

The weakness thing hits me when I am feeling down. It's not your age.:h
    Enough is enough

Comment

Pilates?

Pilates Mat Class

As an instructor, I say the best way to start (and the cheapest) is a Pilates mat class. Almost all exercises are done lying on the floor. It will teach you some body awareness so you know what your body can and cannot do. Always let your instructor know of injuries or limitations you have. And the Golden rule is if it hurts don't do it, ask for a modification. Many people can be healed of back problems by strenghtening and balancing thier core and back muscles through pilates. Make sure your instructor is qualified.

TLK

Comment

Pilates?

I am a yoga teacher and for about 3 months have been taking a very good pilates class twice a week. I aggree - a good instructor is the key. My problem with tapes at home is the motivation and distraction levels - I can always find an excuse not to do it. And, when I do start doing it I get distracted ("I should really vacuum this carpet..I shoudl make that phonecall." etc, etc.) There are alot of people that can do it at home. I think you need to find a relatively empty room and take the phonb off the hook. The bottom line is, pilates is great - but if the tapes don't work - find a class. There are alot of classes around. Hope this helps!

Comment

Pilates?

Waves - didn't read your post throughly - Noticed you have an SI joint problem, me too. It hurts after too much yoga (twisting) and if I try to walk on the treadmill after that it can hurt alot too. I've been to chiropractors and a phys therapist - nothing helped - I just live with it and do the best I can - let me know if you hear anout any "cures"? Thanks, Samadhi

Comment

Working...
          X