Fit Fab AF November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fit Fab AF November

Ellaq;1205747 wrote: Wow Daisy.....a mini triathlon there....I would have given up after the crosstrainer.

Wasn't my usual energetic self in step today.....but still burnt 460 calories....

I am starting to wonder whether my really high energy levels came from the amount of food I was eating.....is that why the skinnier people at my gym work out in a less energetic way to me....maybe I just had so much more energy because I was eating way too many carbs...

Being Irish though a carb addiction is hard to avoid....

Still losing weight and can't wait to eat some vegetables tomorrow.

Ella
    Ella, you are doing great. You seem to be very disciplined. I believe there are some people who are naturally slim and maybe they don't have to work so hard.
    I have always had to work at my weight. I dropped 3 stone 4 years ago and another since coming to MWO and reducing the wine intake. Now some people say 'you are so lucky to be slim' and I feel like 'what, I have to work my arse off!' Since losing weight, some are complimentary but I also have had so many negative comments from certain people who try to infer that I don't eat - that really bugs me. I love my food and prefer to exercise and know that I can afford that slap-up(yes, carb-induced - definitely the Irish in us)feed at the end of the day.
    I probably should take a better look at the diet end of things but happy enough for now....
    There are so many of our young ones heading to Australia at the minute...have you been there long?
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Daisy....I have been here 12 years.....before it became that popular with all the Irish. All my family are still in Ireland so I have been hearing the stories....they are doing OK in circumstances that aren't the best....but they are riding it out. Still very few Irish around my way........

I shouldn't complain about my size.....I just want to shrink my belly.

Massive weight loss btw Daisy....congratulations for getting so fit and going AF.

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi girls,
        Sorry I have been absent but just so busy with work, exercise & kids.
        Have been keeping up with my running but have decided to change from the full to the half marathon in 4 weeks. I kept getting a sore back when I went over 14 miles & I need my back! But I am loving being back at karate & am now going 2/week.
        Not losing much weight but haven't been 100% on my diet & had wine last weekend as I was just so hormonal I couldn't cope. But I didn't overdo it & felt suitably horrible. I find even 2 or 3 glasses of wine makes me feel dreadful, think my liver is screaming at me not to do it any more. I was never a 'heavy' drinker but I know that it is poison in all but very small amounts. I haven't had a drink for 4 days now & am feeling great again but just very busy.
        Must fly- will try to check in more often as I know it helps me to stay on the straight & narrow.
        Great to read how well you are all doing.
        SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Wow girls, full marks on the exercise front for everyone.
          R4L - you are spot on about the running. When I started the 12wbt 8 weeks ago I struggled on day one doing walking for 2 mins, running for 1 repeated 5 times. I was only "running" at 7.5k

yesterday I reached my 12 week target after only 8 weeks, I ran on the treadmill for 5k at 8.5kpm
          it took me 36mins. My goal now is to run it in 30 mins so need to get my speed up to 10kpm.

I also had my weigh in yesterday and in the 8 weeks have lost 8,2kilos.
          I took before photos in bra and pants, the same at week 4, and again yesterday. I also took my measurements. I have to say though the difference looks more with me dressed than undressed!

Daisy, it was SJ who roped me in to the 12wbt, being Australian she knew all about Michelle Bridges. I had never heard of her. Neither SJ or I was madly successful on Dukan Diet and I struggled with the concept of not eating vegetables on pure protein days. Plus, it became very, very boring.
          Am loving the 12 wbt as the focus on exercise is so important, where as with DD I did the minimum.
          However, saying that, it has worked fabulously well for so many people and if you have found something that works for you that is brilliant - plus you are focussed on the exercise side.
          I did do 3 days of PP to see if it would boost my weight loss after indulging in the wine on Friday evening and after my run and 3 hours massaging in a very hot spa area I felt totally knackered. Was in bed by 8pm feeling totally depleted of energy. PP does not suit me at all.

Taking it a bit easier today with a pilates session, before hitting the gym tomorrow for my personal training session.
          SJ is fine, just mad busy! AM sure she will be checking in before long.

Great job girls - Ella, I may have to check out a step class if it burns that amount of cals!!
          xx

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

I am away with the family at the moment so the diet is off. I lost almost 2.5kg in 3 days....guessing it is mostly fluid......expecting to see a large gain when I return. But I will get back into it.

I think one of the reasons that I don't mind the dukan is that I have the most boring taste in food. I could seriously eat the same thing day after day after day......I like the fact I don't have to think about recipes.....

If I didn't have kids I don't think I would ever prepare proper meals......I love vegetables but I could happily sit down and eat a bowl of cauliflower or brussel sprouts undressed and ungarnished for tea....how sad is that?

Glam.....do you have body attack? It is my favourite LesMills class. I did it today, I didn't push myself because of the dukan and the fact that I had a 3 hour drive ahead that day. I usually burn 550-600 calories in that. 8.2 kg in 8 weeks is massive.

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi Ladies:
              Glam good work on the running. It is good to set new goals regularly. SJ, I think the Half-Marathon is the perfect distance especially if you are getting a sore back. I find that it is a challenge to run it each time, but I find that the recovery time is so much quicker.
              I am on day 17 and feeling great. I have not run or exercised in the last few days but I am looking forward to my Pilates class in the morning.
              Keep up the great work.
              R4L
              Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi Guys

Been thinking this thread has been a little quiet of late.

I am still doing the Dukan...it really seems to agree with me. No loss of energy levels when exercising. I have long suspected that I was a little intolerant of carbs. Losing weight and still doing weights in the hope of getting lean muscle. I am finally starting to see more definition on my arms.

Great work on Day 17 R4L.

Comment

Working...
                X