WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

im in too..want to loose about 4 lbs or more in 3 weeks for my daughters holy communion, I also want to be af in the same time period..heres hoping!

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi Betty,

I'm in. I want to lose 14 pounds.

Good luck everyone.

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Down to 162 this morning......I'm praying that I keep this off!

That is offically 7 pounds down from my first weigh in three months ago on this thread:happy: :yay: :yougo: :bonkers:
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

I'm In Too !

:new: This is a really great set of posts... I've been 20 days AF so far and I know that my soft body was from alcohol because I'm so health consious and excercise regularly... I'm 5 foot 1 and weigh 117.5 lbs. I was 120 lbs before I stopped drinking. I have always felt my best at around 113 lbs, so that's what my aim is for... I'm gonna be 43 next month and have found that my metabolism has changed. For Christmas we bought a Bowflex home gym which is toning my legs and arms... I love my eliptical as well as my excercise bike. My husband ran a cable up to my excercise room so I can have satellite TV to keep my mind of what I'm really doing. I do have to bring the remote controls upstairs also otherwise our teenage boys will switch the channel on me... Ha!! HA!!! Scooping manure after my horse Cody and 2 miniature goats, Kiwi and Niblet help to burn calories too.
          I would like to forward a tip and please if someone has a tip to share, please do.... " Have your last healthy snack atleast 2 hours before bedtime... Your body shouldn't have to be working to digest food,,, it should be resting and repairing itself for the next active day"... Have a great day all.. Great to be here !! ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi Niblet,

I've found that beginning a running program has worked for me. I had to start really slow because I was having a problem with shin pain. But now that I have my body accustomed to it the pounds are just falling off.

You don't have much to loose so if you can, I would get out there and go for a run!

Best,
            R-

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hello there, will you be weighing in still tomorrow Tuesday ? I'm hoping so cause I will be... Now that my body doesn't have to process all those empty calories, I'm hoping to get back to where I was a long time ago.. Take care Shimmering Senior Member ! Thanks for the running tip... I find though that jogging is too hard on my joints so I opt more for biking , walking, and lately,,, gardening.. Take Good Care :thanks:
              ~Niblet~

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Yes, I will be weighing in tomorrow(Tuesday).......see you here

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

OK down to 138 from 143 according to my Drs. office scale.

Thanks everyone for all your posts and keeping this thread going!!

Sammys

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

That's awesome Sammys !!! Lift up a 5 lb bag of flour and now imagine carrying it around with you all through the day.. Then, set it down after a long day. That's what you lost ! Keep up the good work !

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Well first thing this morning after a pee of course, combed my hair to make sure there wasn't any heavy tangles, took off those lead slippers, brushed that weight bearing plaque off my teeth, rinsed out my mouth and spit and spit and spit all that heavy rinse water down the drain... Took a deep DEEP breath, thought " helium balloon thoughts":H and stepped ever so delicately onto the scale and I weigh today 117.2 lbs. down from 120 lbs. I'm just shy of 5 foot 2 inches... Got about 4 or so more lbs to go... Maybe I'll try going BALD !! :H Teee!!!! Heee!!! "Have a wonderful day all "
                      ~Niblet~

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Congrats Niblet and Sammys!!:yougo: :yougo:

I'm down to 161......from 162 on 5/3

Hey as long as I keep going in that direction I'm good!

:jumpin: :banana:

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

I somehow lost my post for you Quiescent.. Good for you !!! You have kept all the weight off. That is really great that you are losing slowly.. Your body won't go into starvation mode on you that way.... I discovered a really satisfying sweet snack for the kid in all of us.. I bought some chocolate flavoured protein powder and didn't do backflips when drinking it with water.. Yucky really, so I take 1 scoop of protein powder, 5 + tablespoons of skim milk powder, about 1.5 tablespoons of fat free chocolate syrup ( nesquick?) 6 icecubes, maybe a half cup cold water... blend until smooth... Chocolate shake ! I have even put a bit of cold coffee instead of the water for a ice mocha... (I even took this and poured into a popsicle tray to make my own protein freezies) This is a fairly fat free high protein snack that helps those of us with a chocolate type sweet tooth... Hope you get a chance to try it.. I'm hooked on them and of course my fave.... diet orange crush. Take Care, Hugs, ~Niblet~

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

On a good day, I am 140lbs, and I'm 5'5''. I want to lose 15 pounds BADLY. Starting tommorrow RIGHT when I get home from work (before all the busy work of life after work starts), I am jumping on that treadmill for just five minutes. I know five minutes is next to nothing, but I'm taking very tiny baby steps having been off the exercise for a few years. Five minutes everyday for a week. Then I will up it to ten and so on...My counselor and I were talking about lack of energy, and she says that when you are going through stress (and too much alcohol consumption) your brain is depleted of what you need to feel happy. Exercise, even in little bits, can refuel you brain. I'm all for that. So I will be breaking a sweat for all of five minutes tomorrow. Sure hope it helps with the mood because maybe then I can work in some cardio to try to melt off those extra fifteen pounds. Good luck everyone!

Julie

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi there all

There are so many exciting topics on MWO and I've just discovered this one, I've no time at the moment to read the 184 posts but would love to join you if I may? I started my diet (yet again) when I started AF (yet again) one day at a time 11 days ago but the kilos are not rolling off as quickly as I had hoped. If the response is positive, please may you let me know what the procedure is.

Many thanks.

BS X
                              It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi all and welcome Bluesky!

It's wonderful to read the news of all of the successes!

I know I haven't posted for quite some time but I haven't been able to work my weight loss/exercise program the way I would have liked. I'm four weeks post surgery and I have six more weeks of restriction of movement to go. I decided not to stress about weight loss or gain (although one of my doctor's did get on my case about it the other day) until I was again able to exercise but a couple of weeks ago I noticed that I had gained about six or seven pounds since I last weighed in here when I weighed about 128. I got really careful about what I ate and I'm now at 127.6. That means I still have to lose about 15 pounds to be a good weight for me.

I so miss exercising! Is anyone else trying to lose weight without exercising? Suggestions?

:heart: E

Comment

Working...
                                X