October Pinksters New and Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToMyHealth;1385457 wrote: 1st day of week, 1st day of month - bring it on! Yest I went for a 2 mile walk and lifted hand weights. Am happy to report I lost 1# over the weekend. Now to keep the scale going in same direction - down.

Tips - am a fairly new golfer (4 yrs), was steadily improving until late this summer. We have a rough that when you get in it it's tough to get out, esp for women. Anyway, my handicap has now gone up 4 pts. GGGrrr. Well, yet another thing to work on. Did you get some bouncing in over weekend?

Nurdl - Wow! 30 days is fantastic! Are you feeling tons better? I have not made the 30 days, seems everytime I start I get to 2 weeks and then all bets are off. Admire you.

TMH
    Well I am sure your golf will continue to improve. Practice makes perfect. My rebounder was at our little cottage and we were at the lake house so I danced instead. Feeling great this morning.. I bounced yesterday and will do some more when I get home from the office.

Started taking some supps too.

October is rocking so far!
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

FreeFly;1385468 wrote: My bike's purple & silver. Does that count

Count me in - I'd like to take motivation from both threads and all the lovely peeps in them
      Any colour will do, it's just a name. I certainly am not getting in my pink kayak until next summer. In this part of the world we are at the freezing point at night. BRRRR...
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Running4life;1386096 wrote: Hi Pinks New and Old:
        I was one of the original Pinks who achieved 30 days of exercise and no alcohol back in June/11.
        It was a wonderful group with lots of encouragement. Thanks so much Tipps for starting us off again. Congrats on your 5 days! Keep up the good work. We may slip but we need to keep hammering away at this evil addiction and not let it win. I am looking forward to hearing the different ways everyone is getting fit and how it is helping everyone to stay AF.
        I am travelling with my husband at the moment. He is attending a conference where there is plenty of alcohol that is free for the taking. I did partake over the last couple of days but I have not really enjoyed it and I am feeling very guilty. I have been doing much better over the past year and have managed to stay AF most of the time. I have had a few slips and lately they have been more frequent. I feel like I am sliding back down the hill.
        Every time I slip I realize how good it felt to be AF and how I want it back. So I am looking forward to being a Pinkster again. Today I will do lots of walking as I explore Quebec City. It is such a beautiful place and so much history.
        Yesterday I walked for hours, it was fantastic (then I wrecked it with alcohol). Today I am planning to stay AF for sure.
        Enjoy your exercise and AF day Pinks!
        I had one of the worst hangovers ever in Quebec City. I have a photo of myself in a dress SITTING on the cannon ball that is logded in the base of a tree on one of their ancient streets. I missed the lovely breakfast offered in the Bed and Breakfast and all the way home I had my jacket over my head. It was awful. Thanks for the reminder. I am at Day 7 and actually had to count because I am never drinking again. Period.

You were a huge part of the Pinksters, R4Life, and we welcome you with open arms. Enjoy your walks around Quebec and do some thinking. Being alone is a good thing right now. Take care.
        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

daisy45;1385470 wrote: The Pinksters is a great thread for motivating people to get into exercise and stick to it; it has the added advantage of creating that feel-good factor which definitely helps when getting our sober lives in place.
          The motto is 'just do it!' I am back to my swimming 3 times a week, but need to push it up a gear and add walking or cycling to the other days, so I am up for the challenge....
          I'd forgotten our motto.

Just Do It!! Thanks and so glad to have you here Daisy. It wouldn't be the same without you. Now just do it, girl!!
          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey tipplerette - you should pop into the nest today - Byrdie moons everyone who has one week sober! It's worth the trip over...:H

Just wanted to throw in here that I think it's great that you're all doing this - it seems like when I get lazy about getting up and getting moving or taking my supplements - is when my mind starts slipping backwards into the more "reckless" mentality of wanting to drink....so for some of us, this whole body approach is crucial...:goodjob:

Also, I just noticed Tipplerette - your starting date....I do believe Sept 26 is a GREAT date! Just think of the fun we will have next year celebrating together! :l
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Hellllloooo Pinksters!!! So good to see this group growing again; it is definitely the group effort that makes it work.
              Well, got back on my bike today - 16kms. Only have half an hour before I go to class, so the walk won't happen today, but progress is progress. I know I wouldn't have gotten on the bike had I not committed myself on here....and I am so glad cos now I feel great!
              Swimming at 8am tomorrow morning. Normally go for 50 lengths and if I get in a little earlier, I'll go for a mile (64 lengths).
              I am forever encouraging friends and relatives to exercise; so many benefits, physically and mentally.....
              Good on you Tipps for starting this up again...
              'Just do it!'
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Morning all! Can't believe I slept in this morning. Had to rush to the pool. Got in at 8.20 and we have to be out by 9. Swam my ass off as I was trying to push in those 50 lengths...made it to 48 - damn! But it was actually a better good workout than usual because I was pushed for time....
                Going dress shopping for my daughter now but I intend to get a walk in today, even a short one just to get started.
                Hope you all meet your goals and have a great day!!!
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Wonderful coincidence. Your quote mirrors mine too. Definitely going to the nest today. I usually avoid it because I am anything but a newbie. I am a repeat offender, out on parole and I promise never to offend (myself) again.

Worked later than usual and did do much bouncing. I put the supps right on the kitchen table where they can't be ignored.

This weekend myself and the two year old granddaughter will be walking on the beach, playing in the fallen leaves and moving, moving, moving.

Lolab, anything special happen last September to make it your special quit time?
                  Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Movers! Yest I did 45 min of Shape It Up (Debbie Siebers DVD) and walked 3 miles of hills on TM. Today I did 2 miles of hills on TM, 15 min on ET, and finished SIU (30 min.) Scale hasn't gone down a lot, but I feel thinner, not so bloated.

Daisy - is 16K about 10 miles? That's great! Sorry don't do metric across the pond, just used to run a lot of races done in Kms. 10K = 6.2 mi. Admire the swimming. Never been good at that.

While on machines at Fitness Center (FC) there was an aqua aerobics class going on in outdoor pool, a Zumba class inside. I signed up for a class tomorrow night (during Happy Hour time - yay!) called Cardio, Strength and Stretch. I also signed up for a Sat. a.m. yoga class even though going out with friends Fri evening. I will mod.

TMH
                    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hi All:
                      Tips, I am sorry you had such a bad hangover in Quebec. It is really a beautiful city. We are in Moncton New Brunswick now, we drove through Maine to see the fall colors which were absolutely beautiful. I have not been able to get much exercise due to the driving but I am looking forward to doing a workout or a run tomorrow. My husband and I are attending a conference and there is plenty of booze flowing tonight but not for me. I am in bed now with a cup of tea while hubby is still out smoozing and boozing. No headache for me tomorrow. Hooray!
                      Keep moving everyone,
                      R4L
                      Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Good morning, Pinksters. I am still not drinking but sadly, not adopting much exercise into my life lately. My excuse is that for a change our family business is really busy which is good in these economic times. But I am still very enthusiastic and will spend a lot of time outdoors this weekend even if it's rainy.

I am being a little easy on myself as this not drinking thing is a biggie for me and I let myself off the hook for almost everything lately as long as I don't drink. Promise (to me and you all) that after the long weekend is over I will be moving daily.

Keep posting your progress. I could use the motivation. ;-)
                        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Went for a long walk this morning and then did 30 mins on the eliptical. Attended another function tonight where booze was flowing. It is funny how when you are drinking you don't notice how loud and silly everyone gets but when you are not you notice people being too loud and starting to get louder and louder. Will be up early tomorrow to go exploring (with no hangover, yeah!!!)
                          take care and keep moving,
                          R4L
                          Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

x

Comment

xx

Comment

Hey pinksters - I hope you're all doing well! Just popped in to say Tipp - I replied to you in the nest - probably several pages back by now! But I'm copying and pasting here.

Hey Tipp – I’m glad you stopped in the nest – stick around will ya? You asked in the other thread if there was any specific event last Sept 26 – and the answer is no. You should be happy to hear – that I had just gone round and round with it all too many times….my momentum had built up and that was the time that ‘stuck’ – much like how you are feeling now …My “original” MWO quit the Feb before that (and there were many in between!) was much more dramatic – as I described in the My Story section….I really thought that I wasn’t going to live. Then I knew it was “do something about this NOW – or accept that your life will end before long”. I did my 30 days – went back to drinking – sputtered all summer long – not “getting” it – and then when I quit Sept 26, I gave it enough time until I “got” it. There were days when I had my doubts – but that’s what it’s all about is giving yourself enough time AF – to make the decision rationally whether it’s the life you want or not. The more time I have AF, the more I want – need – this to continue to be my life.

Also, don't get dejected if you aren't tackling the exercise right in the beginning - it'll come. However if you start to get those drinking thoughts - due to losing the whole "comprehensive" approach of mind, body and soul - then it's time to drop everything - and make some immediate changes to switch things around, ok?

:-)

tomyhealth, I think I remember The name Debbie Siebers being mentioned during my P90X workouts - I think one of the moves maybe from the plyometrics DVD is one of her signature moves? hmm...I will pay more attention. seems like they are kind of squat like something or others....LOL. I will look it up
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X