October Pinksters New and Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in the Legs and back workout...80/20 Debbie Siebers Speed Squats. There's nothing in the entire program that's not tough so I imagine her DVD's are good too!
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Hey, Lolab, Debbie is the Rep Queen. Light weights, high reps. Yesterday I played 9 holes of golf and then took that Cardio Strength & Stretch class. Wanted to ask instructor if she does Debbie as w/o was similar only she stopped at 10 reps, not 50. Was surprised how crowded the class was.

The Friday weigh-in challenge I am participating in had good results. I lost 1.6# this past week. Am taking a rest day today, will be back at it tomorrow.

TMH
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hi all; good to see everyone on the exercise wagon! Tipps, everyone has different approaches to exercise - you have to do what is comfortable for you; I like leisurely exercise, like cycling, swimming and walking. Some of the weights, reps and the rest sound like too much hard word for me right now but you never know.......
        I am enjoying getting into a routine again and the feel-good factor I get; I also give myself weekends off, but like today, if I happen to feel like it, it's a bonus....
        TMH, well done on the weight-loss!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I can't believe that I feel this good on a Sat. am and that by 11a I have had a cardio workout (2 miles of hills, and 20 min on elliptical trainer) and a 1 hr yoga class. Have the rest of the day in front of me. Think I'll play some golf.

Daisy - there is definitely a feel good factor! The best exercise is the one that we will do.

TMH

Comment

good on all of you for getting your butts moving!!!

i'm joining this bandwagon today and will begin with running 6x around the track today. and then doing some good core work/stretching at home.
            i was getting so fit in june but stopped as i struggled again with drinking. i've been a bit frustrated with relapsing but today, on day 4, i'm feeling stronger again.

Lolab, it was great to read your story. thank you for sharing.
            Tipp, thanks for this thread!! it's the first time i've been in the fitness section of this website. i'm wearing a super pink shirt today.

a wonderful af sunday to you all,
            Life

Comment

DID IT!!!
              i jammed around the track to john denver's country roads. hey!! don't laugh. it actually sets a decent pace. as i was walking home it started to pour and i got drenched. lovely days--
              will check in tomorrow with my plan.

i like this thread. should we advertise it a bit in the nest? there seem to be quite a few sporty types over there!

Comment

Woohoo; good for you Lifechange; exercise and being in touch with nature all in one day! The more you get into your exercise, you will find it becoming a habit - now that can't be bad!
                I got 21k on the bike yesterday and had a very lazy day today. So tomorrow morning, my plan is 64 lengths of the pool. Only done 50 at a time last week. I have a busy couple of weeks ahead with hospital situations with my dad so it is going to be hard to fit it all in. I figure if I up the ante before and after this period then it will make up for the slacking in between.
                TMH, you are a machine!!!!! Great job!!!! It is encouraging to see what one another does for exercise and how far we are each pushing ourselves - shows us that when we are doing one thing, then maybe we are capable of a little bit more....
                When I swim, I like to pick another slightly better swimmer and try to keep up with them; they don't know I am doing it, but for me it's a wee challenge.....pool stalker!!! Haha

Comment

Hello,
                  I have been here around 2 weeks...AF 7 days...
                  I have gotten back on the exercise wagon too..I do a boot camp 3 times a week..want to add more but also dont want to burn out....have done a little yoga too...so much easier to get to the gym without a hangover....
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good on you Dottie; and well done on 7daysAF! Boot camp 3 times a week is a great start.
                    Don't overwhelm yourself with too much too soon. This is part of your new sober life so you want this to be something that fits into your life long-term. Add a little bit extra and see how that goes; one step at a time.
                    Good to have you on board!

Comment

Hi All:
                      Back from holidays, too much food and not enough working out. I am looking forward to running my usual 10 km route. Then I will cook Turkey Dinner.
                      It was a great holiday but I am glad to be home.
                      Hope everyone had an active and AF free weekend!
                      R4L
                      Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Back to early morning walks
                        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

The best walks are the morning ones Freefly!
                          Quick check-in. 64 lengths this morning! Now to sort out my garage!!!

Comment

Hi all ~ sounds like everyone is getting the week off to a good start.

This a.m. I did 4 miles of hills and 20 min on ET. Yest was only 9 holes of golf; scale was way up this a.m. but then could have been the soy sauce from last night's dinner too. We use low sodium but it still seems to make the scale go up --- temporarily anyway.

Lifechange - glad you like it here! Exercise makes such a difference in how we feel. Of course you can mention in Newbies Nest. Be aware this is a thread on fitness, not abstinence. I don't believe Tips started it meaning it to be for only AFers.

Daisy - 64 - my goodness, do you keep count in your head? Have a clicker? Really, I honestly don't know. How long does that take you?

Freefly - love early a.m. walks too. Don't do too often as just don't move too swiftly in the a.m. & then it's time to be somewhere. Hence, I do use the Fitness Center fairly often as it gets pretty warm & humid in my area of world. Not complaining - would much rather be sweaty than freezing.

TMH

Comment

Damn! you're all good! i was thinking of telling you i'd been a slug yesterday and today (which is true up until now) but i think i'll change that right now with a run and some yoga. i want to get back to the gym as well--

TMH, 4 miles of hills?! what does that mean, exactly? sounds crazy.

and Daisy, with your 64 laps you sound like a fish-- i would also love to start swimming this winter. you'll be my inspiration. were you always a good swimmer? i think i can do about 8 laps on a good day. how did you start out?

and hello Freefly! do you have a nice place to walk in the mornings? how early do you go?
                              wishing you all a wonderful day and
                              see you tomorrow,
                              Life

Comment

Hi all,

Looks like everyone's doing great. Much more fitness going on than I'm getting in - so many laps Daisy and 4 mile hikes TMH - good job!

Hey slug :H how was the run & yoga? My yoga class is on a Saturday which I absolutely love. Would be good to get some more in at home but I have the old diisciipline problem!

So yes, my morning walks keep me in check. Going with my neighbour ensures I haul my ass out of bed. 6 am and we live by the river and the sea but we do a circuit around the river. It's dark now when we get up which is beautiful - the moon's still out, most are asleep, all is quiet and we get the most amazing light across the water and each day is different. Have a good gossip and catch up and off to start our days. No way I can drink either as I'd never get up and can't let a friend down so all is good
                                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X